Old 10-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Crazy???

I never do this...BUT...I was shopping today and found a top I absolutely loved, a litttttle bit form-fitting but not over the top, a glorious style, empire waist but with some structure...HOWEVER the size I bought was a size DOWN! ack! it's too snug right now, and I want to wear it to a christmas party!!!

Is this an incentive thing or a pipe dream thing??? it cost $50 so I'd hate to waste it

eeeeeeeeeek
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #2  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Incentive, I say!

If you want to wear that sexy new top, put it somewhere you can see it everyday to remind yourself of your goals! When you feel like cheating, go look at it. Leave the price tag on; trust me, that will be motivation enough.

You've still got plenty of time to be down a size by Christmas.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #3  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

I agree with Sara!

Clothes are great incentives, and you've got about 2 months before Christmas, so you'll be at that party with your gorgeous top on before you realise what you've done!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #4  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Oh what great motivation, I say this new sexy top will help motivate you even more to stay on track, and you will be wearing it at Christmas time, so remember to strut your stuff! Way to go buying a size smaller, great motivation for keeping yourself on track, you can do it!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

That is awesome Trazey! I'm actually inspired to go find something I want to wear for Christmas now. I would love to see pictures when you wear it!
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #6  
baby steps

Please post pictures when you get to wear that top to your Christmas party!

I'd love to see them.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hee! I actually was contemplating this same thing earlier in the week. However, I am going to ebay it. I want to fit into size 22 jeans.

I think it's an awesome incentive!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

I've had "goal" clothes hanging on my bedroom door all year - I say it's a great little motivator.

And since there is so much time before the holidays - I bet that top just might be too loose on you by Christmas, you better wear it for Thanksgiving!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:56 AM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

Yep. I'm with everybody else. I LOVE to buy motivational clothes. I went to the thrift store the other day with just that in mind, and I bought a size EIGHT. Since the smallest size I currently fit into is a twelve, and most of my clothes are fourteen and sixteen, I was hesitant to buy it. But I loved it, and the fact that I was so determined to buy it (kept coming back to it again and again) made me feel strong and confident.

So, I think that not only is your purchase an incentive for you to keep losing, but proof that you know that you are going to keep losing. And I'd also really like to see a picture of you in the top - for Thanksgiving!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 AM   #10  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I say INCENTIVE! I have a pair of pants in the closet that I have never worn and I am looking at them as an incentive. I would love to wear them home on the plane at Xmas but it would mean 20 pounds gone.....not too sure that is do-able but at least I can think of wearing them by MLK's birthday?

Last edited by DollyR; 10-22-2007 at 06:32 AM.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh yeah, I did this all the time while I was losing weight. Although I did buy lots of articles of clothing a size down, I will tell you, I tried to keep it on the low side, money wise. My clothing sizes really plummeted rather quickly. But do hold onto that receipt. Not just in case you never fit into, but just in case you go down in size sooo quickly, you never get a chance to wear it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have a whole closet full of motivation clothes!! I think I'll pull a piece out so I can focus on it.

Can't wait to see a picture of you in it!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:10 PM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Trazey,

I think incentive clothing is a great motivator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica View Post
I want to fit into size 22 jeans.
Me, too! I have an incentive pair of jeans that is a size 22.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #14  
baby steps

My incentive jeans are size 22 too!

I can squish myself into them rather ungracefully right now....if I don't breathe. Once I run out of oxygen, it's over. Off go the pants!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #15  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

I would have to say my incentives are the size 18's and 20's I still have in my closet. Yep! I kept em... LOL

I have some seriously hot clothing that is still mostly in style that is just waiting for the weight to be over. *Very punny of me I know*

I am into most of the 22's I have... Kind of offensive that I still have a pair of 26 that fit properly for me but that is the joy of different makes and styles. *le sigh*

For me I am not buying smaller only because I have those. All I need to buy for the next 3 sizes down are jeans and maybe some undies. In a way I was fortunate to plateau at each size... I will only hit issues once I am at size 18 and passing below. Then it is time to shop!

But one of the men around here worked toward smaller pant sizes. Found that out reading his blog.
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote