Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #1  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Default self esteem boosters......

I have read posts from people, and really think many of us( me included) have low self esteem... So I found some info that I am posting to anyone that it helps....
Here are some suggestions on how to place yourself up on that pedestal and laugh at negative energy.

Pay Yourself A Compliment

Give yourself a compliment at least once a day. It could be something like "I really liked the way I handled that situation," or "I love how my hair falls softly onto my face today". The compliment can be deep or superficial. Whatever it is, it should help keep your mood up, even if only slightly. Highlight the positive aspect of every situation you encounter. If you practice this often, you're on your way to liking yourself a whole lot better.

Make Yourself Over

Grab your closest friend and get all dolled up. Put on your best attire, dab on a little make-up and get your hair done (not necessarily by a professional), then grab a camera and snap fun and funny photos of each other. Once you've had the photos printed, discard those that make you look drab and keep only the shots were you looked your best. Whenever you feel down, you can just go look at these pictures to remind yourself that you are good-looking and that your life is fun.

Get Physically Fit

You don't need to achieve a supermodel-like physique. Simple daily exercises to boost your bloodstream every morning will do. You will feel better, your mood will be more positive, and the more congenial you will be with other people. If you give out positive energy, the more beautiful you become - and the more people will be inclined to return positive vibes to you, too.

Change Your Body Image

If there's something in your body that you dislike, find out what's causing you to smirk at it. Chances are, the reasons are very shallow and superficial. The realization of this will help you attain a better self-image and teach you to appreciate yourself more.

Treat Yourself

Set aside time once a week to do something just for you. It could be anything from watching a cheesy movie to walking your dog in the park. As long as it's time for you in doing what you want to do.

Wear Nice Underwear

This sounds silly, but it works! Wearing really cute knickers does make you feel better and a lot more confident about facing others. Don't believe this? Try it!

List Your Good Points

Without looking at the mirror, make a list of all the things you appreciate and like about your body - things like, "I have great hair" or "I have a nice set of teeth". Keep this list in your wallet or wherever you can see them and whenever you feel terrible, just take out this list and read it to yourself.

Travel

Ask a few of your best pals to spend a day out of town with you. Pack a delicious snack and spend the day fishing or hiking, or whatever suits your interests. A day in the fresh air is sure to give you an energy boost and make you feel good about yourself.

Get Away From People Who Put You Down

You know these kinds of people. They simply can't stand the fact that you're okay with your life and will always try to dampen your mood. Avoid them at all cost, because they'll never make you feel good about yourself.

Do A Good Deed

Do something good for someone else. You will find that things like volunteering at a homeless shelter or even a simple thing like helping somebody who is lost by giving proper directions will make you feel good for the rest of the day. You will be doing something worthwhile and when you see how badly off some people are, you will start to appreciate your life more and be grateful for what you have.
Following are a few simple tips that can help women rev up their self-esteem.

1. Press The Magic Button -- Most of us need to boost our self-confidence every now and then. One of the best ways to do this is to recall exactly who we are and why we should feel good about ourselves. Create a Magic Button -- a mental image of three things that make you feel good -- and press on it once in a while. These things could include images of your biggest achievements, the smiling faces of people who matter to you or something as simple as a piece of music.

This Magic Button is especially important when we down and things aren't going our way. We have to remember that whatever setbacks we've faced are temporary. We've overcome them before to reach success. Press that magic button.

2. Overcome self-consciousness -- Yes, self-consciousness is probably the biggest enemy of self-confidence. We tend to look at ourselves too harshly and focus on our perceived faults and shortcomings. To overcome self-consciousness, you should try focusing on others: try to put other people at ease, check the room for people who you might learn to like, make a mental note of possible business contacts.

Sometimes, if focusing on other people proves difficult, we can ease our self-consciousness by looking intently at our surroundings -- examining paintings, admiring furniture and decor, anything that will take our minds off ourselves.

3. Don't Stand For Undue Criticism - Sometimes our self-esteem ebbs because we allow others to treat us like rags and walk all over us. This is something we should never allow, even if we have made a mistake or come up wanting in a situation. We should bear in mind that even top-notch people make mistakes.

Hope this helps somebody, I am going to print it up and hang it somewhere to read daily.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thank you, Cheryl. These are also some of the great skills used to beat depression.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Thanks
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7''

I needed this today. thx.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #5  

Thank you -- you turned my rough morning into a bit of sunshine!!!

Hope you all have a great day and whenever it gets crazy, do one of these!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #6  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Good post o' wise one!!

Thank you and consider yourself having helped someone today!!
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #7  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

thank you for this
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Cheryl!