3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What's Your Ultimate Reward? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/121045-whats-your-ultimate-reward.html)

wisher 08-23-2007 11:06 AM

What's Your Ultimate Reward?

Do you have one specific reward set for yourself when you reach your ultimate goal?

I do! I'm going to learn to surf and I can't wait! I'll be moving to San Diego in 1 year and 5 months and the first thing I'm going to do is find a place to take surfing lessons. 17 months is plenty of time for me to reach my weight goal (40 lbs. to go) and tone and strengthen. I've always wanted to learn to surf and although it seems like a long way off I can't wait to start! One day soon this will be me!!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/231/4...2e44f2.jpg?v=0

So lets here them folks...do you have any ultimate rewards for when you reach goal??

boaterswife 08-23-2007 11:09 AM

OK, I know this is going to sound dopey, but here goes. All along I was thinking I'd do something really cool, or buy something BIG that I really wanted. Now that I'm nearing goal, I've kinda decided that that stuff doesn't matter. I am so happy with ME, that that has turned out to be my ultimate reward. I didn't dream that I would feel this way just a year ago!

hellokitty81668 08-23-2007 11:11 AM

That sounds like a fun reward.
I haven't thought in terms of a reward, why? I think loosing all this weight after 17 yrs will be the ultimate reward. My health will be better, I will have more energy and be able to shop for any type of clothes.
I saw a Hello Kitty IPOD shuffle at a Sanario store maybe this will be my reward:)?
cheryl

royalsfan1 08-23-2007 11:20 AM

Skydiving. :D

nelie 08-23-2007 11:33 AM

Getting my wedding set resized :) I haven't been able to wear my rings for the past couple months because they fall off. I bought a temporary silver ring but it is already getting loose.

The other thing I'd like to do is learn how to rock climb. I'm afraid of heights so I wouldn't do too much but I'd like to be able to use my own strength to pull my body up a rock face.

Robin41 08-23-2007 11:36 AM

I'm going to not drop dead from a massive coronary by age 45.

And I'm going to find out how long it takes to reach my credit limit at Nordstroms. My husband has already signed onto this.

downsizer55 08-23-2007 11:38 AM

If I "just" maintain what I have accomplished so far, and don't reach my goal,
I will be happy.

In three simple words, Life is Better!

Such simple words, but SO much meaning.:dancer:

TurboLeda 08-23-2007 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=wisher;1826232] I've always wanted to learn to surf and although it seems like a long way off I can't wait to start! QUOTE]

Wisher---we must be twins!!! I've had surfing on my mind for monnnnths now, even though I go to school in chicago! but ive always noticed that surfer girls have the BEST AND TONED bodies out there! it's probably a fantastic workout all-around! I would looove to learn surfing as a way to workout and get leaner! lucky you, you'll actually be doing it...!! :D:D

leda

thistoo 08-23-2007 12:38 PM

Surfing is an awesome goal! That's on my list of things to do before I die, but my ultimate reward for weight loss, in all honesty, is a boob job. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I have had a giant chest since age 10, and I would love, for once in my life, to have a nice, reasonably-sized, well-shaped chest.

Also, there's a tattoo I want to get, but I am not waiting for a specific weight so much as the money to get that done. Though I'm planning on putting it on my upper arm, so it would be nice to have nicer looking arms before that happens.

Cassie501107 08-23-2007 12:47 PM

I change it daily, lol. Overall, I'm just going to look and feel so much better...and that's the greatest reward of all.

Of course, I will need a LOT of new clothes. ;)

Lifeguard 08-23-2007 01:15 PM

Mine has long been a tattoo.

The surfing is a great one too. I am moving to Costa Rica soon & it is definitely at the top of things to do while I'm there.

rockinrobin 08-23-2007 01:36 PM

When I started my journey, I didn't have anything specific in mind for a reward, like sky diving or a tatoo. I guess I'm just not the adventurous type. It was clothing. And yeah, I've been treating myself quite nicely in that department.

But I gotta tell you the ultimate reward is knowing that I have done all that I can on my part to prevent certain diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease. I was always worried about what I was doing to myself. Those fears are now null and void.

And every single day that I wake up in a healthy, fit and trim body is so, so, so incredibly rewarding in and of itself.

Ditto every day that I can move with ease and everyday that I am loaded with an abundance of energy. Things that didn't exist for me in the past.

Having the quality of life that I am now experiencing is more reward then anything I could have ever iasked for or imagined. :)

Bouncing 08-23-2007 01:38 PM

Pretty underwear! No more industrial white cotton for me. Not sure where to go -- do they let 58-year-olds into Victoria's Secret, or do we bring down the property values? Then I'm going to buy everything I want out of the Coldwater Creek catalog (they're too expensive for temporary clothes), and then I'm going to spend a couple for $K at Macy's. Hee. No, wait -- maybe I'll look into plastic surgery, instead. I'm sure I will need a batwingectomy, and a thigh lift, a butt lift, and a tummy tuck. That should put me nicely into long-term poverty. Oh, and a chin/jaw/neck lift. Forget the clothes, I want plastic surgery. I'll just go naked until I pay that back, and then I'll go buy clothes.

Tricia, I used to want to skydive. My best friend set the women's free-fall record maybe ten years ago, and so far as she knows, it still stands. She left skydiving for blue-water sailing competition, and we have fun comparing experiences racing from SF-Hawaii. Now I want to get back on a horse, and see if I want to get involved in horsemanship again. Sailboat racing is no longer geographically practical, so something else competitive would be fun. Equestrian endurance? Dressage? Bicycle racing? Running? So many sports, so little money...:D

rakel 08-23-2007 01:44 PM

I don't have anything special planned other than looking in the mirror 50 times a day and giving all my clothes to the Salvation Army and going on a shopping spree!!!!!! ;)

BlueToBlue 08-23-2007 01:46 PM

If I can continue my exercise and dieting program for three years (so that's beyond just getting to goal for me, I have to maintain for at least one more year since I'm two years in and am just about at goal now), I'm buying a convertible. My SO thinks I am kidding about this, but I'm so not joking. I hate my car now (boring four-door Honda Civic) and I want a convertible. I picked three years because that's how long I am locked into my current gym membership; originally the idea behind the reward was just to make sure I didn't waste the gym membership.

My one-year reward was an iPod shuffle and my two-year reward is going to be a leather jacket. I don't know what the four-year reward will be.

Mrs Quadcrew 08-23-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Forget the clothes, I want plastic surgery. I'll just go naked until I pay that back, and then I'll go buy clothes.
Now THAT is hilarious!!:D

I don't have anything in mind, other than being happy. (with myself and life in general) And I am not waiting till goal to do that, it is a work in progress now. I just never felt as though I "deserved" to be happy when I was fat.....how stupid was that?:?:

Cool post to see what everyone has in mind!

Anna829 08-23-2007 02:29 PM

I don't have an ultimate reward, but I'm definitely going to buy myself some clothes for Christmas! I'm planning/hoping to be close to my goal by Christmas. My hopeful goal is New Year's Day and my conservative goal is June of next year...we'll see. I was making fast progress, then I've gotten lazy for the last two and stopped losing, so I have to kick it back into gear...

penor 08-23-2007 02:50 PM

I love roller coasters. I want to be able to get on one next summer with my 13 y.o. DD. I quit riding them because I don't want some skinny 16 y.o. squashing my fat in with the bar or worse telling me I'm too big and having to get off.
I'd also love to get a tattoo.

Janny O 08-23-2007 03:21 PM

Going to the Superbowl dressed to the hilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas 08-23-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janny O (Post 1826625)
Going to the Superbowl dressed to the hilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooooh, Jan! I am so totally envious! I would love to go to the Superbowl.

I've thought a lot about what I'd like to do when I reach goal. I do plan on getting a tattoo.....I'm not sure where or what, but it will be something small that symbolizes triumph. I have also considered getting a tummy-tuck and a breast lift....I've heard that this is called a "Mommy Make-over" in the cosmetic surgery world.:D Of course, I probably will never have the kind of finances that will allow the surgery...and I'm pretty sure my insurance won't cover it. They might cover excess skin removal, though.

I've often thought that my ultimate "Thank You" gift to my self will be a romantic getaway for Hubby and myself...complete with umbrella drinks (sugar free, of course!;)) massages, candlelight, dancing under the stars, etc. Maybe Cancun....maybe, somewhere cheesey like the Poconos!

CLCSC145 08-23-2007 03:58 PM

Robin41 and Bouncing, you CRACK ME UP!!! :rofl:

I'm going under the knife. New rack (never had one!), repaired tummy, and a batwingectomy as Shellie so aptly put it. Scars would be a welcome replacement for those! I'm saving my pennies already...

TempleBody 08-23-2007 04:07 PM

I'd like a really nice bellydancing costume and a super sexy cat suit.

Melgettinthin 08-23-2007 04:07 PM

Totally new wardrobe. Shoes, boots, undies, coats etc. The full whack! I love clothes and obviously everything I own will either no longer fit me (or be horribly out of style) so there really is no choice, is there? :D

RitzyFritz 08-23-2007 04:10 PM

You are all probably going to laugh at this one - but here goes....I have TERRIBLE facial hair, and it is really embarassing for a woman! So...my hubby has promised me that I can get my facial hair permanently removed (with permanently shaped eyebrows thrown in) when I get to goal. Keep in mind, this will cost almost $1000, so I think this is a really nice reward and I'm soooooo looking forward to this stuff being GONE!

Other than that, my reward will be the satisfaction that I have kept myself under control and attained better health for myself....along with being able to do SO MANY things that I couldn't do when I was at my heaviest.

Eves 08-23-2007 05:06 PM

There are tons of rewards for me, the best ones are:

Immediate: Going to Spain. Unfortunately I'll be married by then so I can't have a wild fling with any of the Andalucian hotties (:(), but I will be there. In a flamenco dress. With bat wings.

Then: A new wardrobe with 100% clothes that I love. I fit into size 12s now and the choices I have are fantastic. My upper body is still a 14-16 but that's what you get when you have boobs. I can't wait to get to the single digits.

Finally: a second honeymoon in Hawaii. By that time (next November) I should look good in my thong and coconuts :cool:

sharonrr1 08-23-2007 06:42 PM

Plastic surgery to get rid of all the excess skin would be nice. I'm alittle afraid to go under the knife. I haven't told my husband or son yet. They probably won't like the idea. Second best will be a whole new wardrobe to cover up all the excess skin.:dizzy:

LondonJulz 08-23-2007 08:59 PM

I shall repeat what a lot of you have said with just knowing how much I've improved my health - that will be an ultimate reward!

Secondly, I'd like to eventually get plastic surgery (after we finish having kids - so it'll be a few years)... boob lift, removal of excess skin, etc.

THIRDLY - My husband promised me that if I reach my goal weight, I can have a trip back to England. (in case you can't tell by my username or icon - I LOVE England, and have loved it since I was a little girl). I went once before - but going again at my goal weight being able to walk around, etc.... *sigh* - I can't WAIT! I'm going to do everything I wasn't able to do the first time around..... and then some!! :queen: (I'd also like to go see Germany, Switzerland, and Scotland while I'm in that general area :D)

kitkit 08-23-2007 09:02 PM

my ultimate goal is to wear sexy clothes and look good in a swimsuit hahah ^ ^ i can't wait... til next year. I have been off on my diet for a month and now i'm back. :D

Gale02 08-23-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1826278)
The other thing I'd like to do is learn how to rock climb. I'm afraid of heights so I wouldn't do too much but I'd like to be able to use my own strength to pull my body up a rock face.

Nelie, don't wait until you're at goal to start climbing! I started around 240 lbs and I'm so glad I didn't wait. It's actually kind a bonus that I started heavier because it gets easier and easier the more weight I lose. :p DH and I go pretty often and I can see muscles forming in my arms and calves from it.

If you don't mind going to a climbing gym, you can rent the equipment (harness, shoes) and try it out before you spend a bunch of money on gear.

Also, on the fear of heights thing: DH is really afraid of heights and loves to climb. He says there's something about being strapped into a harness that quiets the fear. It was a little nerve wracking the first few times, but he's learned to trust his strength, his shoes and his belay (me!) and just flies up the rock now. There are times I get a little nervous on a climb, but I usually try to see it as an adrenaline rush and use it to my advantage.

Give it a try, this is definitely one thing you don't have to wait until goal to do!!

Gale02 08-23-2007 10:23 PM

Hehe, I got so carried away talking about climbing I forgot to answer the OP.

My ultimate reward(s) is up in the air a little bit. I'm definitely going shopping. I'd like to take a trip with DH to someplace tropical (or tropical-ish if that's what we can afford :)) and I think I want to get a tattoo. I'm not entirely sure about that last one and I'm certainly not doing it until I'm sure.

Mostly I want the trip. I'd love to go somewhere just DH and I and lay around on a beach (in a swimsuit!) for a week. That'd be perfect for me. Time to start saving!

traci in training 08-24-2007 07:33 AM

When I started this plan, my idea for a reward was a week on a white sandy beach doing absolutely nothing. Now my idea is a bicycle vacation - either on a coast or in Europe. Doing nothing isn't the most exciting thing for me anymore. How weird is that??? And I love riding my bike now - so that seems like a great way to reward myself. DH got a new hybrid yesterday (he usually rides a road bike) so we can go ride on trails together. We're going with another couple to ride on a local trail this weekend. NOT what I would have chosen for a fun activity six months ago!

Pita09 08-24-2007 07:36 AM

Great thread!

When I reach goal and lookin' fabulous, I want a brand new wardrobe. I have had to shop in the women's section since I was 18 and I LONG to be able to shop in any section I want to! I want to walk into Victoria Secret and not feel like a freak. I want cute matching bras and panties. I want to buy a corset and amaze my boyfriend with my sexiness.

I want to wear a swimsuit and go to the beach.

I may have plastic surgery if I need it. My Sweetie has already said we will make that happen. It would be unfair to lose all the weight and still hate my body because of unwanted skin.

I will be getting a new car, and I want one of those cute little ones that I can sit in the car comfortably.

Mostly, my ultimate reward will be having a long, happy life without obesity related diseases. :)

Gretchy 08-24-2007 08:22 AM

My ultimate reward... will be that I will justify spending the money... to buy myself new clothes. :D I'm so excited :)

butterflykiss 08-24-2007 09:53 AM

My Ultimate Reward is to finally be that thinner and happier person that I always wanted to be. Not about pleasing people, but to finally PLEASE MYSELF!!!!:D

pinupdreams 08-24-2007 12:53 PM

great post! my ultimate reward will be the look on peoples faces when i walk into the room and be like "ok try and say that im fat now.. " haha. i know it might seem shallow but i have always dreamed of walking into a room and being the center of attention in a sexy, she looks so gooood way ;)

rockinrobin 08-24-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinupdreams (Post 1827704)
great post! my ultimate reward will be the look on peoples faces when i walk into the room and be like "ok try and say that im fat now.. " haha. i know it might seem shallow but i have always dreamed of walking into a room and being the center of attention in a sexy, she looks so gooood way ;)

I don't know if I have ever been the CENTER of attention. But, I do know I've had jaws drop, if for nothing else just because of the transformation. It's a GREAT feeling. And so incredibly rewarding. Beyond belief rewarding. Especially after wanting to be invisible for almost 20 years and hoping and praying that no one would notice you. And after knowing, absolutely KNOWING that no one was thinking I was pretty, attractive or sexy.

But I gotta tell you pinup, you're looking pretty darn hot right now. I just got a look at your pics. I'm thinking you are turning LOTS of heads and are garnering plenty of attention. :)

missy3gal 08-24-2007 11:27 PM

Just enjoying doing the normal things in life without feeling like a cow. Walking with the kids, skating, biking, sitting in chairs with arms, you know....living like we should.

MarinePrincess 08-25-2007 03:29 AM

Plastic surgery for me as well. Fix da bewbies and get rid of the excess skin.

We're renewing our vows in 2009 and I want to look gorgeous in a beautiful dress (we got married in a courthouse, so this will be my special wedding day). Our honeymoon (didn't get one of those either!) will be in Germany and I want to enjoy it to the fullest...no being out of breath or feeling miserable wearing pants in hot weather.

GingerA 08-25-2007 07:41 PM

Scuba dive. I'm actually certified with a couple hundred dives. However, it is very, very difficult and very dangerous to scuba dive if you are severely overweight and/or really out of shape. So I haven't been diving in years. Once I hit "onederland", I'm gonna recertify.

PeggyP 08-25-2007 09:09 PM

I'd like to try and wear high heels again! I haven't worn them in probably 15 years, and I don't know if I'll even be able to stand up straight, but by golly, I'm going to try!!