Old 08-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #1  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Default A.M. Exercise Check-in

Good morning! How has everyone done so far?

I got up in time for a video. I did The Firm Super Body Sculpt, 42 min. I almost fell off the fanny lifter...lol...still sleepy and had balance issues! But I did it!

We can do it if we set our minds to it! Post what you did, even if it was just getting up earlier!

Progress, not perfection!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/ticker/165

I'm new here, sorry to barge in, but I like the idea of keeping myself accountable. I managed to get up early and did day #2 on the The Biggest Loser v. 1 DVD's six week workout plan (having also gotten up to do workout #1 yesterday morning). Though I got up about an hour earlier than I normally do, I am now feeling much more awake, even if my abs are a bit sore already.
Bobbie Wickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #3  
Its all about choices

Welcome Bobbie!

You are not barging in! This is open to anyone that wishes to post. Some of us are having a hard time getting up the morning to exercise. We are all here to support each other and to receive support if we need it.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:56 AM   #4  

Thanks much. Mornings are rough on me as well, which is why this is great--if I have to report on what I'm doing, I'm much more likely to do it.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Morning, I pushed myself on my ellliptical for 35 minutes and did about 14 minutes of what I call general exercises( sit ups, leg lifts, crunches, bends ect). Tonight I will be lifting some free weights).
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Did 40 minutes of TurboJam...I hurt. Lol.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 AM   #7  
Its all about choices

Way to go Amber!

Cardio only today for me. 45 min Firm Cardio/Dance DVD.

It takes 21 days for something to become a habit. You can only make something a habit by working at it. Where will you be in 3 weeks? Wishing you were doing something every day....or actually doing it? The choice is yours.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #8  
Committed Maintainer

S/C/G: 214/117.5/120

Height: 4'-11.75"

Today was jogging day. I ran at 5.8mph on the treadmill for 27 minutes and finished with a 4.1mph 5% incline walk for 20 minutes.
Christina7806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #9  

Though it was a struggle, and I ran through a list of excuses about how I could beg off and stay in bed like a kid trying to get out of going to school, I managed to drag myself out of bed and exercise before work. 40 minutes of low-impact cardio from the Biggest Loser DVD.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Morning all,
I just got back from a 30 minute walk( took the bus to pay the phone bill, but I walked back for 30 minutes), I also did 36 minutes on the elliptical and 14 of general exercises), will be lifting weights tonight.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/110

Height: 5' ½"

Hi All,

I just started an exercise program a few days ago. I did 31 minutes this morning on the treadmill.
AngieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Good afternoon!! I usually log in to 3fatchicks every morning before I head out to the gym. Today I did a gym class called BODYPUMP. It was amazing. So difficult. We worked the entire body larger to small muscles. I was dripping in sweat!!! I think I'll be sore tomorrow. lol

Yesterday I did TWO gym classes. I went to one low impact aerobic class called NEWBODY. It was tough. Lots of squats and lots of foot steps. I used 1lb weights. THEN (as if that wasn't enough) I went to another class called BODY FLOW. It is a mixture of yoga, Pilate's, and tai chi. I just love yoga and tai chi and stuff so I had to do both. I enjoyed it.

Tomorrow there is another class but it is a step class. I'm feeling intimated by it, but I do work out much harder when I'm in a class. What do you guys think? Step work for a girl my size?

Thursday I'm supposed to go to the zoo. I almost want to skip it so I can go to the gym in the am. But alas, I can always take the evening weightlifting class...
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #13  

TempleBody, if you can deal with two classes, I think you could probably deal with step. What I do when I first start is to just use the step itself, not the additional risers (the things that get stacked underneath). Most people go for one or two of the risers, which I like to build up to having started from the step. I don't know what your gym is like, but when I belonged to the Y it was people of all shapes, sizes and ages in my step class. (I will say that at the Y they had Step I, II and III. If they have levels where you are and you are just starting out, I'd recommend starting with I as the choreo and intensity gets higher as you move up levels, plus that gives you someplace to go once you get the hang of it.) Good luck.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies, (and gents!)

I was really excited when I came across this AM workout post. I was posting a lot on the 20 something board, but then I went to Europe for awhile, and haven't gotten back into working out at all since I've been back. (Almost 3 weeks now) So all in all, its been like 6 weeks since I've done any sort of a work out... BUT I did go to the Y today and got a membership! =) I've been contemplating joining a gym for awhile, but thought it was too expensive, and my employer actually has a corporate discount at the Y, so its actually not too bad! A little bit of a background, I'm a teacher, and we start school again in 3 weeks, so I really want to get into the habit of waking up in the morning and going to the gym before work! So my last 3 weeks of vacation will be spent with me waking up at 5am to go to the gym! =) YAY! I'm actually excited about it!

I'll let you know how tomororw goes!

Aubrey
KCWMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #15  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

You know what, Bobbie. I decided I'm just going to go for it. I just went for the other classes and they weren't so terrible. I'm going to try with just the step and see how it goes. I won't know unless I try.

At my gym it varies. In the body pump class a good lot of the people were in excellent shape maybe three or four that were. I'm usually the largest person in the classes with only a couple over weight folks (not nearly as much as me though). A few older folks... tons of super fit people. They inspire me. lol
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote