Old 08-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default How are your sleep habits?

Hi y'all.....I have such crappy sleep habits! I sometimes don't get to bed until 11 or 11:30 pm and the alarm goes off at 6 am, where I usually hit the snooze for 20 minutes. I barely get out the door to get to work on time! I usually have to caffeine myself up to get me through the morning when I get such little sleep, which is not good either!

I'm thinking I need to be stricter on my bedtimes so I can get adequate rest and feel energized for the day.

How do you all do with sleep habits?
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #2  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Terrible sleeping habits-- For me it depends upon my work schedule. I work 2 jobs so it depends on when i get home. I wake up at 6 am-- out the door at 7am-- work from 8am-5pm.. then go to my other job. I generally get home between 10:30-11pm. I get to bed around midnight most nights- sometimes 1 am.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

When my husband is home, we are in bed at 10:00 every night and up at 5:30. Like clockwork. Now he's been working out of town and I just wander around the house till midnight when I force myself to go to bed. I just don't wind down enough to sleep when he's not around. Still up at 5:30, though. I've got three dogs who don't care if I'm not getting enough sleep and 5:30 is walktime.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I guess that goes to show how we all differ. I am usually in bed by 11 or 11:30 also, and my alarm is set for 6 am, but I am usually awake before the alarm goes off. I fall asleep pretty quickly - and I get my exercise in as soon as I get up in the morning. I have no trouble with keeping going during the day ~ so I know I am getting adequate sleep.

I do know that if for some reason I don't get enough sleep, EVERYTHING suffers ~ I am a total wreck.

Every person varies on how much sleep they need I am sure. I sleep soooo much better these days - not sure if it is the exercise or the weight loss in genral, but whichever it is, I am thankful!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

My dogs are the biggest problem with my sleep. For the longest time they wanted to get up at 4 something. And I would wrestle with them intermittently until finally giving in... maybe at 5. I'd go back to sleep, but basically lost an hour or more everynight. For a while I'd just get up and stay up at 5 something, but had been up since 4ish.... And I wondered why I was so tired...

Finally, as the youngest one is now older than 2, they are starting to sleep longer in the morning and don't twitch until after 6. I still feel somewhat sleep deprived though!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Sleep? What's that? Yikes....due to hormone problems, I've been dealing with insomnia lately. Last night, I took a Benadryl and slept like a baby....right throught the alarm going off at 6:00! I don't like to take that stuff much because it does leave me a bit sluggish the next morning. Typically, I'm in bed by 11:30 and up at 6:00.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Just an aside. Try a Tylenol PM, they work well if you're not sleeping and I swear they give you really horny dreams. My mom, who's 79, recommended them to me. lol. Turns out Mom does know best.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
Just an aside. Try a Tylenol PM, they work well if you're not sleeping and I swear they give you really horny dreams. My mom, who's 79, recommended them to me. lol. Turns out Mom does know best.
Psssttt....Robin, the ingredient in Tylenol PM is the same ingredient as Benadryl.....if you go generic on the Benadryl, you can save a lot of money.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #9  

I’ve been a notorious night owl. I used to stay up until 2 am and try to get up at 7 am. I’d keep hitting the snooze button or just reset it to ring later. I would try to figure out what I needed to cut out of my morning routine such as I can stop at the bank on the way home, I can have yogurt so I don’t need to make anything for breakfast, the list could go on and on.

I turned a new leaf about 6 weeks ago when I came back to this forum. I started reading Body Clutter by Marla Cilley. This book is wonderful (I’ll be posting an entry on my blog so about it). Anyway reading this book made me realize that most of the things I was doing to “treat” myself were really self-destructive. So the short story is I now look forward to going to bed at 10 or 10:30 pm most nights and my internal alarm wakes me up at 6 am everyday. Before I turn in, my routine is to read for a few minutes and then write in my journal using the “hard and fast” technique from Body Clutter. This gets all of my bad energy out and helps me to relax. If I’m really not in the mood to read or journal, I’ve found it extremely helpful to listen to a 15 minute meditation CD that instructions you to relax each part of your body and before you know it, I’m off to zzzzzland.
mizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #10  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I need at least 7 hours of sleep. If I don't get that much, I suffer. I might do good for one day, but 2 nights in a row of too little sleep makes Nicki a witch! lol

I am on medication for a foot injury. If I don't take it, the top of my foot swells to double the size, or worse. A side effect of the meds is drowsiness. So it helps me sleep every night. Every so often I am still trying to get to sleep at 1am, but normally I am out by 11. I'll have to change that to 10:30 so I can get up at 5:30.
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I've never been a good sleeper - even as a child. My Mom talks about how she would tell me I had to stay in bed & "rest" & she would hear me playing with my dolls & it would get louder & louder & louder, until she had to remind to be quiet. Lol

Ideally I would go to bed 11 or 12 & rise 8 or 9. But the world does not operate on my night owl clock so I try to go to bed by 10 & my alarm goes off at 6:45. I struggle with the mornings & have to set 2 clocks as I've slept through the alarm more than once. There's not much point in going to bed earlier as I won't sleep.

P.S. I am so jealous of anyone who falls asleep easily. I've read every book on the subject & follow the proper "sleep hygiene" but still rarely fall asleep in less than an hour! lol - oh well!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Oh man, mine are awful.... Both of my parents have clinical sleep issues and both my brother and I got it too. I am up all hours of the night sometimes, usually on month long benders. Happens about once or twice a year. It sucks.
When I'm ok though, I aim to be in bed by 1am, not that it means sleeping, but I'm at least in bed for a little while. Usually I fall asleep by 2ish and DS has to jump all over me to get me up in the morning, lol.
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:03 PM   #13  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
I'm wondering if your mom had horny dreams, too! ha ha ha

I go to bed around 11 or sometimes 12pm, and wake up at 5, sometimes naturally before the alarm goes off. So I guess I get 5-6 hours a night during the week. Weekends I get closer to 8 or 9 hours of sleep.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'm generally in bed between 9:30 and 10:00 and up between 4:45 and 5:15.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #15  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
I'm wondering if your mom had horny dreams, too! ha ha ha
I thought the same thing, phantastica!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote