Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #1  

Default I want it so bad...

I want so bad to succeed.

I want for ONCE, my thighs not to rub together when I walk.

I want for ONCE, not to be embarrassed to go places/do fun things.

I want for ONCE, to feel pretty.

I keep going on I cycle where I do good for a day or two, and then I fall off the wagon again for a week or so, then back on, then off, then on, then off, etc...

I just want to DO IT, once and for all.

I found out some things today, that I can't really write about, because its too confusing, and its kinda personal... But I think I finally reached my breaking point.

I must lose weight.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Everybody has to figure out when they hit that point where you want it badly enough that it's the most important thing every day. I thank God that it's finally that way for me; I hope you can find it too.

I love your quote, It's never too late to be who I might have been. It really is true.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

*hug* Wanting doesn't accomplish weight loss, I WANTED it for 20 years, I wanted it badly, dreamed about it, fantasized about all the joys of being slim, all the shopping, seeing people who knew me heavy after I was thin and gorgeous.

You have to take wanting to the next step - DOING.

It sounds like you might have hit the moment...I know I did. It felt like I grabbed an electric fence. Instead of starting a diet tomorrow or Monday (with a nice long blow out weekend to eat all the good foods I would be missing, of course) I started that very second. That's how I knew it was for real.

What you posted did raise a little warning flag - you want to do it "once and for all." In the gentlest possible way - there is no "once and for all" about long term weight loss. It is doing it, and doing it, and doing it, and doing it, and doing it. That's a really though thing to wrap your mind around, but I'm doing it, it's been 3 years and I'm still happy and it's not a hardship.

Can you figure out what makes you stop your plan after a few days? Analyzing why, what and when you eat can be very useful to plan your long term success.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 AM   #4  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Speaking for myself- I can say that several times when I started losing weight, I started giving up, when I myself didn't see the changes I had expected when I lost a certain amount of weight. This time, I am much, much more realisitic about my expectations than I was in the past-I was last year, as well, but had a pity party after a small medical condition sent me over the edge, lol. Back on track again, determined that nothing will stop me now from getting this all off, no matter how long it takes.

Most of us want instant gratification. At least, I did. When I lost 60 pounds a few years ago (out of 100, mind you!), I was upset, because I didn't look as good as I wanted to. Had I kept going, I'd be where I want to be now, and look great. But, I got impatient, and gave up.

Someone would ask me if I lost weight, and I'd say "yes, only 60 pounds." I really didn't think it was that big of an accomplishment, because I wasn't where I wanted to be in terms of how I thought I should look. Stupid, right? Losing one pound a week, to me, at that time, was nothing- I wanted to lose ten pounds a week, not just one. I looked at the present, not at the future, and how that one pound would eventually add up to all the pounds off in another year or two.

I can't say that this is anyone else's problem, but it was mine. I now realize, instant gratification doesn't work for weight loss. Patience, time, self nurturing as well as accountability will help me succeed.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

I agree with the other post. Once you really really hit that breaking point you are well on your way. I just got so sick and tired of myself. I was disgusted with what I had become. It was a very sad day for me, but looking back it was one of the best days of my life. For me I just couldn't face one more birthday, christmas or whatever being the fat one in the family. I was tired of not being in any of the family pictures because I would hide from the camera. We live on the lake and are always swimming and boating - I was tired of never being able to wear a bathing suit or always covering up. My life was passing me by and I was letting it - over what? FOOD! I couldn't look at how far I had to go I just had to get started. It's not easy and I'm sure everyone here will tell you that, but most things in life worth having are worth working for.

If you really decide that nothing is going to stop you from reaching your goal then you can do this. It's going to be hard and it may not be fast but it will happen if you make it! Somedays you just don't feel like doing it but you have to look at the alternative. Start with a very small goal then when you reach that set another one and keep doing that everyday. You are worth the effort
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingirl View Post
My life was passing me by and I was letting it - over what? FOOD!
Such a great post, Tingirl....
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

Great post. Thanks for sharing it with us.
balloonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #8  

I wish all the best on your journey to "doing it!" Let me tell you...When you finally "do it" all the way.....no letting down....IT FEELS SOOOOOO GOOD!!

Yes it is a daily re-confirmation that is a must for me...but so worth it. And it gets easier day by day when good choices become a habit. For me that was about five weeks into eating super CLEAN and walking every night.

One thing that really helped me be consistant this time too was creating a SAFE no-fail environment. I put my walking shoes by the door with socks..I never move them...and it feels weird the few nights I don't put them on and go for my walk. And my cabinets are stoked full of SAFE clean food...believe me it is so easy to just walk into your kitchen and eat something healthy than drive into town to MD's!

Congratulations on your realization that you are important enough to do the work!!!!!
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

You sound SO driven. I just love that. Best of luck to you, not that you need luck with that kind of positivity!
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Best of luck!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

You Can Do This. I Also Wanted This For 1/2 Of My 46 Years Of Life. But I Could Not Do It Until I Had The Tools And My Head Was In The Right Place. Read, Read, Read Then Plan, Plan, Plan. Do Not Let Anything Or Anyone Get In Your Way Of Being Healthy Including Yourself. Good Luck. Please Give A Shout When You Need To Talk.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #12  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

I am so sick of just wanting and fantasizing about being slimmer. I am sick of myself in so many ways. I am sick of giving in and eating frigging tons of food over and over and over till I am sick feeling. And I am sick of not being able to stop. It is a vicious cycle that wont' seem to end for me. I work my butt off dieting and exercising to sabatoge myself every night by eating and eating. I don't know why I do it. I can't stop. I have to move forward and make this work somehow, some way. I am so sick of the whole thing. Sick.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote