Old 06-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7'

Default Fit Day percentage question

I am sure you have covered this before but I can't find the info.

I would like to know what percentages I should aim for as far as carbs, fat and protein. I am eating healthy, counting calories not on a plan that would restrict one group over another etc.

For instance today: I ate clean but this is how my chart looks. I think I need more protein, less carbs and fat. Is this correct? Thanks for your help!

Fat: 30%
Sat: 5%
Poly: 12%
Mono: 10%
Carbs: 35%
Fiber: 32
Protein: 34%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%
HocusPocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think your numbers are GREAT!!!

The only numbers that I closely monitor though are CALORIES. That to me is the biggie. Now I like getting the most volume and nutrition from those said calories, so since fat has the most calories I naturally try to aviod that as much as possible. So I'm not at all worried about my fat %. And the only carbs I eat are those from veggies and some fruit, so I'm not too concerned with that either. I do try and get in a decent amount of protein every day. Every meal I have does have protein in it, as do some of my snacks (yogurt), so again I don't monitor it all that closely.

I think you're off to a GREAT start. I'm very, very excited for you. Keep up the good work.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #3  

Red face

Thanks!

Oatmeal, wheat germ, berries, low yogurt, lean turkey,avocado, locally made whole wheat plus grains high fiber bread, veggies, lean chicken, water!

I made 2 days with no processed food. It's not that hard. Tossed all of the 100 cal snacks.

Calories, 1,650 that seems so high and I was not hungry at all. Felt like I was eating too much. Treadmill and elliptical.

When I drop below my month long plateau of 250 I will post!

Thanks for all of your help Robin!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #4  

Hocus,

Sounds like we're pretty similar in weight/height...time working at it, etc.

Had to post when you mentioned the month long plateau. Me too! Finally moving again...both literally and on the scale!

K.
Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

This was my fitday today:
Total: 1356
Fat: 26 232 18%
Sat: 1 10 1%
Poly: 2 14 1%
Mono: 3 31 2%
Carbs: 204 658 52%
Fiber: 39 0 0%
Protein: 96 382 30%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%
I thought I had more calories , but I guess not, I do not eat poultry or red meat, so my carbs are usually higher, but sometimes I eat a super protien bar to help me , or fish, today I had smoked salmon, and avocado slices( I guess that accounts for the fat %), but I have heard some fat is important, and that healthy fats are actually good. I don't pay attention much to the #s, I am trying to eat a certain number of calories and exercise, I do try and take multi vitamens , but sometimes forget. As long as the scale goes down I am happy at the moment. cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #6  

Thanks for the help. good day Kaisen! I guess I was reading too much into it. On the other hand, if I had plugged in what I was eating 3 weeks ago it would have been much less healthy and lower in calories.

I am happy that you are off of your plateau hello kitty!

I have noticed that I am tired at work in the afternoon now that I don't have my 100 calorie sugar snack. I'll try protein tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by HocusPocus View Post
Thanks!

Oatmeal, wheat germ, berries, low yogurt, lean turkey,avocado, locally made whole wheat plus grains high fiber bread, veggies, lean chicken, water!

I made 2 days with no processed food. It's not that hard. Tossed all of the 100 cal snacks.

Calories, 1,650 that seems so high and I was not hungry at all. Felt like I was eating too much. Treadmill and elliptical.

When I drop below my month long plateau of 250 I will post!

Thanks for all of your help Robin!
Wow!!!! Can I come eat at your house? What a turn around. What a great day of eating you had. I am just sooo happy for you, you have no idea.

And about your post down the line here, yes try some protein. Some fat free yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese and veggies. The sugar/ carbs used to leave me practically comatose by three in the afternoon in the old days.

Plateau? What plateau? You'll be busting out of it in no time flat. Keep up the amazing work.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #8  

Thanks!

I added hard boiled egg whites this am. Seems odd throwing out the yolk but it isn't my favorite part so no biggie.

Came home today and my daughter made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I was not pleased. Told her to pack them up or I'd toss them. I had a one inch square and it was good, but not staying on my plateau good!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Of course - hard boiled egg whites, I should have thought of it - another great low fat protein source. I'm glad that YOU thought of it. I also never liked the yolks. And I have zero guilt about tossing them. ZERO.

Homemade oatmeal cookies are my absolute favorite. I've actually had to make them a few times over the past couple of months. In fact my youngest daughter who is going to sleep away camp asked me if I could please bring her up a batch on visiting day and I'm like, "wellllll.... do I really have to?"

It's a HARD one to pass up on. But you my dear seemed to have done just fine. Keep up the good work - it's going to pay off in a BIG way. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings you!