Old 06-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #1  

Height: 1.67m

Default New here

Hi everyone,

just posting a short introduction (btw this place seems awsome)
I'm a girl of 29, soon to be 30 - guess it's time to start calling myself "woman" but that always seemed scary somehow.
I live in Scotland, but I am Swedish. I'm a student, and I'm planning on getting a degree in fine arts. I live with my wonderful fiance who is very supportive about everything I do, and our cat and dog - who is perhaps not very verbal in his support, but always enthusiastic about our runs
I'm very much overweight, and have been to various degrees all my adult life - I was never a small child either, always had a special place in my heart for food (I'm in no way "big boned" though, just greedy)
My constant struggle is to keep from eating to relieve boredom and cause its "cosy", and my general lack of dicipline.
A few months ago I started running and I really enjoy that.
A big motivator for me is to get light enough to start riding again, I miss the horses!
My diet plan changes often, but lately I came up with my own plan that may not be the healthiest, but it helps me stay away from binges (basically all I eat is dinner where I allow myself a normal meal of any kind, and also a big glass of juice after a run)

Looking forward to getting to know the people here!
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hello and welcome to 3FC and the 100lb club. It's a great place for advice, support and encouragement. I know you'll enjoy it and benefit from it just as much as I do.

We all have so many similar stories here. The eating when bored, we even have a thread going on right now about that.

I wish you lots and lots of luck on your journey. I'm glad you've found something that "works" for you. Me personally, that plan would first make me binge. I love food and I NEED it for energy throughout the day. I eat 3 small meals and several snacks, eating every 2 1/2 hours so. It keeps me from getting hungry (I HATE that feeling) and THAT'S what keeps ME from binging. I also had to figure out something I could do LONGTERM, as once I get this weight off, I want to KEEP it off. But of course we all need to find our own way. There is no one correct across the board way for everyone.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Love your name tinkerbelle!!! Welcome. I don't know that I could follow your plan, seems a bit difficult to go most of my day without eating. But maybe it will just be a start to get you going in the right direction with your weight loss. Love your sense of humor!!! You sound like you are a riot to hang out with.

Glad to have you on board. I look forward to hearing more from you!!! Have a great day!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to the board, and good luck with your plan, I would also have to add, I couldn't do your plan( I did it in H.S. and just gained all the weight back and more), I like eating food in small amounts thoughout the day it keeps me energized.
Good luck and I look forward to reading your posts.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #5  

Thank you for the warm welcomes
I agree that my plan is too strict to keep in the long term, so I will just clarify that it is indeed a first step like you suggested lumifan. I need to break the cycle of planning my diet and ending up thinking of food all day long, and then binging. I plan on adding a healthy lunch and breakfast too at some point, when I feel I can handle it.

(Btw my username is from my dog, he is a husky called Tim, and gives my man and myself a good laugh prancing about like a ballerina - so we started to call him timkerbelle )
Old 06-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

Welcome Timkerbelle!
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:59 PM   #7  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

I had a friend a while back who gained alot of weight after having a baby..we worked in a restaurant, so every day b4 her shift she would have a cup of soup (didn't matter what the soup was that day) and a piece of bread ...no butter...she took her time eating it, and that was all she ate. she lost 60 pounds that way. I don't know if that's the healthiest way to do it...but she was much healthier and happier when she was done!!
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome!
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #9  
Countdown to 40

S/C/G: 240/235/130

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I'm a newbie here too. Awesome job of losing 27 pounds and running...major accomplishments!

WooHoo!
jolaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #10  

My "diet" plan is similar, but I am also adding Slim Fast for the morning/afternoon. I tried doing it without anything all day (waiting until dinner to eat), but got yelled at by everyone saying I was starving myself (haha, like I don't have enough to live off of for 10 years ). But this way seems to be doing well. I think, like you said, it's a lot about breaking old habits of eating too much all together.

How did you get into running?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome!!
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:45 AM   #12  

I've been away on holiday, so sorry for not replying earlier;
Thanks again for making me feel so welcome!
I have switched my plan somewhat, trying to add a little bit of food during the day, as long as I can keep binge free. Will have to see how that works out.
WinterStarzz: I have always wanted to run, but it's hard when you are heavy, so I have taken it really slowly. I'm incredibly slow when I run, but at least I'm doing it
I started by alternating running and walking a lot, then gradually running longer bits. I pushed too hard at first, so I have started to ease up a bit, not completely exhausting myself.