Old 06-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #1  

Wink New here--please bear with me

Hi,

My name is Bree. I hope it's okay that I post a new here message in here. I have over 100+ pounds to lose. I had sort of given up, however, in the past month I've lost a little over 16 pounds so I feel like I'm on my way! I'm more excited than ever.

I didn't want to go through this journey alone. I've logged onto the 3 Fat Chicks site many a time through the years and so when I thought of where I could go--I knew exactly where I might be able to find others for some support.

I have tried eDiets (several years ago--lost a bit but didn't stay off, eventually gave up). And Metabolife (lost just a few pounds as I couldn't deal with the only one meal a day thing. I would get dizzy and feel like I'd pass out), and most recently The Big Fat Loser site. It was one that I could stick to the easiest, but eventually, my interest waned.

I started taking a neutraceutical the end of May and I noticed that weight started coming off while my cravings just *stopped!*. So I am dancing the happy dance and know that this time, I'm on my way!

I have two amazing daughters (11 and 10) and I am getting more and more energy every day and feeling up to doing more activities with them. I feel like I'm getting my life back! I'm also back to getting on my recumbant bike and peddling out 5 miles a day.

I know I'm too late to feel confident in a bathing suit this summer, but I just *know* that next summer I'll be there!

Just a little about me: I love to read, garden, get together with friends, I love a good movie and a great ice cream (whoops! did I say that?). I am a really, really busy stay-at-home mom and I used to have NO energy, but now I'm on the move!

Life is great!

Looking forward to meeting ya'll!

Have a super evening!

bree
come watch me shrink :-)
272/255/140

Last edited by freezeframe; 06-10-2007 at 07:47 PM.
freezeframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Bree. Welcome to 3FC and the 100 lb club. We've got a great bunch of people around here always willing to give good advice, support and encouragment.

16lbs is quite the phenomenal start. You are WELL on your way to reaching your goals, which are certainly attainable. I'm glad your energy level is soaring. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

I'm not at all familiar with neutraceuticals. I even googled it and couldn't find much info. I'm quite curious now in fact. Maybe you could fill us in a bit.

Anyway, I wish you the greatest of luck on your journey. I really look forward to getting to know you lots better. So please jump right in and start posting away.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #3  

Hi Robin,

You look AWESOME! Congrats, kudos and many many cheers! What a phenomenal accomplishment! I'm right behind you..... okay---a bit further away than you are to your goal, but I'm so excited for you I can barely stand it!

Nutraceuticals are vitamins and minerals that are more of pharmaceutical quality than the supplements that you'd buy in a store.

Normally, if I lost 5 pounds or so, I'd be excited. I always seemed to plateau around the -12 pounds. My metabolism is (was) incredibly screwed up. So now I feel like I really have hope. I feel better than I have in years. Like 20 or so years!

That's what makes this try so much different than my other ones. And I'm so excited to meet other people with the same challenges.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I am oh so happy to be here!

bree
come watch me shrink!
272/255/140
Old 06-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi Bree,
welcome to the group, people are really great here( as was said), nor am I familiar with the program you mentioned. Congrats on the weight losss so far, and good luck with your program.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Bree, glad you're here! This is a GREAT place for support, encouragement, and venting when you need to do a little. Everyone here is so helpful and generous with advice and kind words. I feel like I "know" each one of these ladies personally. So, join right it. Post a lot and let us get to know you as well!

By the way, congratulations on a fabulous beginning!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Bree -

Welcome! I am fairly new here as well, and my weight loss journey began about the same time as yours. (May 14 - the day after my birthday!) It's great to have so many people in so many different stages - and sharing the hope and discouragement is so helpful for me.

I, too, am intrigued by the neutraceuticals. I make sure to drink one cup of decaf green tea daily (without even adding sweetener, no less, though I won't elaborate on my bad habits), but I've never heard of neutraceutical supplements. I would love it if you are comfortable giving more details. Where did you learn about it? How does your doctor feel about it? Are there risks and unpleasant side effects like with Phentermine and Alli? Are they expensive? It's a route that I would like to consider pursuing, as it sounds like it's working well for you.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome Bree, it sounds like you have a great start. This is a great. I look forward to seeing you around.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Bree! A warm welcome to you. This place is wonderfully energizing and motivational, isn't it? Glad to have another newbie around. I'm looking forward to sharing this journey to health with you.

-jennifer
Jenjifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:39 AM   #10  

I know this may be silly to ask--but can someone tell me how to do those verticle cute little markers to track their weight? Those are so charming and I'd like one for my posts! Help!

HOWIE: You ROCK! Congratulations on your incredible accomplishment! I'm so proud of you!

Jennifer--yeah! I'm not the only new one around! Yeah! Yeah! Hurray for me--uh, whoops, hurray for us :-) Hee hee

Everyone else--thanks for making me feel so warmly welcomed! I can't WAIT to get to know each and every one of you better.

I'll write more tomorrow--I'm yawning and heading to bed--but I wanted to send out a THANKS for your sweetness :-)

bree
Old 06-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #11  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Hi there Bree!
You've come to the right place!!! Great job on your decision to lead a healthy lifestyle! We're all here for you!
Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

To get a weight tracker, simply click on "quick links" in the purple toolbar at the top of the page. Then choose the "sig weight tracker" option. Then, you simply follow the directions it gives you. You can also get one at TickerFactory.com, but the 3FC ticker is probably the simplest way to go.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

Welcome Bree! I'm another newcomer with a long road ahead of me. Good Luck!
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #14  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Just adding my welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #15  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Hi Bree,
stick with it and post often, it has help me and others soooo much >>>Welcome!
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote