Old 05-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Red face May I join your group?

Hi Ladies! My name is Toni and I need support! I have been adapting to a healthier lifestyle since December in 2006. I am down 18.5 pounds but have a long road ahead of me. My goal weight is 175 pounds, but I know I am going to be thrilled on the day the scale reads 199.

I don't really follow a particular diet, but I do read the book You on a diet and follow their guidelines, particularly eating the same meals for at least one meal a day (I do this for breakfast and my mid-morning and afternoon snacks). I also am a member of TOPS. I'm on a FOUR WEEK losing streak! I want to make it FIVE! My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds per week. My daily calorie goal for now is 1800 calories a day. I track this with FitDay.

I had a hip injury and while I let my hip recoop, I've been taking water aerobics twice a week. My hip is feeling much better and I'm getting back into the gym gradually. My goal is to work out at the gym four days a week doing 45 minute cardio sessions and 15-20 minutes of strength training. I'm also going to start getting up earlier and walking on the treadmill at home for 20 minutes a day before I go to work, five days a week.

For those of you who lost this much weight in the past, does my regimin sound practical for my goals? Do I need to do more?

I need accountability. I will use this thread and support others to the best of my ability and I pray that others will reach out to me as well.
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Glad you're here! Way to go on the 4 weeks in a row. It should just be habit by now!

I'm no expert but it looks to me like you've got great exercising goals. I can't imagine that not working for you. Especially if you combine it with healthy eating. Glad your hip is feeling better and making it able to do more. I'm jealous of the water workout, though! I'd love to have one!

I hear you on the 199! In fact, I think everyone here knows exactly what you mean! Below 200 is a very big deal...but so is each pound along the way! So don't overlook those! You've had great success so far.

Post often, it really helps in getting to know everyone around here and it keeps your mind busy when you're bored.

Good luck!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on what you have done so far. Keep it up and you will make your goal.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Toni! We're at about the same place, so we can reach our goals together!

Your plan looks great. If you stick with it you will definitely see success.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Toni! Sounds like a good plan... I'm no expert, but that's my view! Look forward to getting to know you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Welcome to the group !!!
congrats on the weight loss !!!
You sound like you are on the right track. I am just beginning too, and am still learning what is going to work for me. I use mydaily plate.com to check food intake, I am trying to stay between 1500-1700 for calories and I exercise 45 minutes a day ( 25 minutes on the elliptical, 10 min for free weights, and 10 minutes for sit ups, leg lifts, ect..),
From what I have read, when I reach a platau , ect I would need to just exercise more, maybe 10 more minutes, or make it harder. Maybe when you feel the treadmill getting easy and you want to loose more weight, you can put the treadmill on an incline, that will certainly be a workout.
Sorry for rambling, you will see I do that alot.
Good luck on the weightloss, and welcome to the group again.
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #7  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to the group !

I love it here and think you will too. The support and knowledge here is phenomenal. I lurk about the boards all the time

Congratulations on your four week streak. Keep it up!

Lisa
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #8  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi Toni!

You've made a fantastic start with the weight you've lost already. Well done!

Water aerobics is a lot of fun - I always enjoyed it when I did it, but they stopped running the classes at the closest pool to me, and since I'm not driving at the moment, it makes it a bit difficult to get to a class, unfortunately. I quite miss the classes.

Look forward to seeing you around!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #9  

Default Yay!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Thank you ALL from the BOTTOM of my heart for making me feel so welcome here. Believe it or not, I didn't feel as welcomed in some of the other boards I have tried to get involved with in the past. I'm so excited to be on this journey with all of you!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #10  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Toni - Support is surely what you get here. It's a warm, fuzzy place for sure. Looking forward to hearing from you.
soiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Welcome Toni. This truly is a great place for support, advice and encouragment. I feel so very fortunate to have found it, and I have no doubt you will feel the same.

Congrats on losing over 18 lbs already!!!! Way to go. Your plan sounds pretty darn good. Always remain open to tweaking it as you go along. You will find some things work, and then they cease. Experiment, find what you like and what suits you best. And please, start posting away so that we get to know you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #12  
LWM

S/C/G: 263/255/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on your terrific start. You'll love it here - sounds like it's just what you need to keep your momentum going. Best wishes!

~Laura
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #13  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Toni and welcome!
I've been here for about 6 weeks and find this to be a wonderful group of people. You are off to a great start! Keep posting and tracking. And have fun!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 AM   #14  

Thanks again ladies! I'm eager to become involved. What I consider to be my greatest assistance in losing weight is developing a very broad support group. I have people that keep me accountable both in real life and virtually. My tops group keeps me in check, I have friends who keep track of my progress through my blogs on myspace, and I have a trainer at the gym who will call and check on me if she doesn't see my smiling face a few times a week. This group will definitely be a major contributor to my success, I am sure of it. I'm PSYCHED to be joining you all on this journey!