Old 05-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Wow, water DOES make a difference! and a question

I lost 3.25 lbs this week! I've been steadily plodding along losing around 2lbs a week, which is fine. But this week all I did differently was get serious about drinking at least 53oz of water a day. I know I need to up it even more probably, but I do get other fluids. But WOW! I even had a rocky start to the week with a bad slip ending in the drive thru at McD's.

Yay!
emilyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/233/137

Height: 5'6"

That's fantastic! 3.5lbs in a week is huge! You've inspired me to up my water intake as well, I haven't been making much progress, maybe water will turn out to be the key.
Lillibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:12 AM   #3  
LazyDolly

S/C/G: 257.5

Height: 5 ft. 5 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyk View Post
I lost 3.25 lbs this week! I've been steadily plodding along losing around 2lbs a week, which is fine. But this week all I did differently was get serious about drinking at least 53oz of water a day. I know I need to up it even more probably, but I do get other fluids. But WOW! I even had a rocky start to the week with a bad slip ending in the drive thru at McD's.

Yay!
Yep..water IS one of the most effective things to aid weight loss. Remember this......a lot of times, when you think you're hungry.....you're really thirsty and dehydrating. Keep drinking that H2O for more fabulous results. Helps with other things too, besides weight loss. And Congrats on your great 3.5 loss in one week. Keep on doing what you're doing!!
LazyDolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:35 AM   #4  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Water has been my magic bullet!

I am thrilled that you've found it to be so too!!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:39 AM   #5  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

water is your friend, but lemon is my best friend!
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #6  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Busy with work, i forget to drink water (somedays I am here in the ER for 10-16 hours). ^-~ However, I will get better and maybe stop leaning so heavily on my Full Throttle for energy.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 347/332/150

Height: 5ft 7in

i recently discovered the joys of water a week or so ago when i bought this water bottle at walmart, i drink all of my water out of it and since it is 32 oz everytime i need to fill it up in a day i feel a big accomplisment....however, i took it with me to a flea market on saturday and ending up leaving it in my mom's car, and i didn't get it back until yesterday and between saturday and tuesday i really didn't drink much water cause i wanted my bottle. i know that sounds pretty juvinile, but i dunno, lol...i guess without the familiar i had no motivation to get it from another source. and also, i find it easier to drink water with a straw and we don't have any of those in our house, so maybe that was part of it...but i'm back on track today.
Lee Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Water does make a BIG difference! I drink 128 oz a day.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

The weeks I don't get a lot of water in are my low loss ones. I KNOW it is a big part of my successes. I crave it these days!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Wow that is great!!!! Congrats on the weight loss.
I am a big water person, we hardly ( mabye 4 times) buy soda in the house. The other day my neighbor saw me carring in cases of water from Sam's and came over to see if I had a problem with my water , lol . I said no this is for drinking.
I don't know how I came to love water, because when I was a kid, we drank soda, milk, ect.. But since College Water has been my main thing. Everywhere i go I have water with me, also I have allergies that makes my throught dry , so I drink alot of water( maybe 1-1/2 gallons a day).
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #11  
Nerd

S/C/G: 270/270/190

Height: 5'5"

I love to drink water, but sweet tea is my kryptonite. This thread inspired me to go and fill my glass with water.
Erin Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/257/150

Height: 5'10"

Lee Ann- I think you and I have the same water bottle. Little o~ring on the side and a clip dangling? Mine is peach. I drink tons of water when I have it. Big Zilch~o when I don't. Go figure!!

For those of you that hate the taste of water try True Lemon. They are little packets, about the size of a sugar packet, of crystallized lemon. 0 Calories, 0 Carbs, 0 Sweeteners. They are usually in the store next to the sugar and spices. I keep them in all of my bags and add it to my water when I just get bored with it.
tsinitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #13  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

WOW that is great ~ I can definitely tell the days I drink my water and those that I don't do as well......
Country Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Having a special drinking cup really does make a difference. I love my WW mug with the ounce lines written on the side. I had two of them that I alternated (and a third non-WW same-size mug without the ounce lines). I tend not to use the non-WW mug because I can't guage my exact progress with it. I recently had to throw away one of my WW mugs, and I've been drinking less water because of it.

The other day I saw a 2 qt mug at the Walmart, and thought of getting it (the bonus and downside would be the lifting 4 lbs+ while it was full).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Having something to mark my progress has really helped. I used to buy those individual water bottles (disposable) but just couldn't keep buying those with any kind of good conscience given their impact on the environment. BUT I drank so much more water when I had those around.

Now I fill up a 64oz plastic pitcher every morning and put it in the fridge. I use this to fill up either a glass or my water bottle. I am still searching for a favorite water bottle that's big enough but not too big. It's helping.

And all the water definitely keeps things....moving along!
emilyk is offline   Reply With Quote