Old 03-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #16  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
I wasn't going to post because I didn't lose anything last week and I just started. I'm trying to get everything worked in as a way of life and it's taken me longer to get going than I hoped (2 wks). Unfortunately, I let a rough weekend get in the way and my mind was not where it should have been to stay focused.
Anyway, I'm with Charbar. Exercise is my goal this week. That is lacking right now. So, hopefully better news next week.
There... I posted it. The self-torture is over.
I'm glad you decided to post. Sometimes we tend to quit posting when we hit those rough patches. IMHO, those are the times we should be on here and posting the most as those times are when we really need the support and encouragement of our fellow 100lb club posters.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #17  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Robin? What type of exercise do you do?
You have done so well. Congratulations.

Congratulations to all of you ladies and your successes.

I was wondering,How do you decide on your goal weight?

Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #18  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your losses! I'll be checking in Friday.

ANY loss is a great loss. If you maintained, at least you didn't gain. And if you did gain, so what? As long as you are doing everything you need to be doing, the losses will come!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #19  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlifestyle View Post

Ann

Ann..
My goal weight is by no means carved in stone. It's subject to change as I get closer. 146 lbs is exactly 100 lbs for me... plus I know I looked great at 150 lbs.. even though I'm only 5 feet tall.

Right now I'm focused on this months's goal - which is coming up on March 15th!! I'm maintained for the past two weeks - and I have 5 more lbs to go!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #20  
Ilerjo

S/C/G: 268/191/146

Height: 5'7"

That is GREAT! I cant wait till I get below that 200 mark.
IlerJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

I am one of those said people who stop posting when they aren't doing so good.. I am doing SO good with exercise, 1-2 hours a day, eating fairly good, not 100%, more like 80%.. but am gaining weight. I feel like a fraud when I post and am failing with this weight loss stuff.

Congrats to everyone on your losses.. its very inspiring!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:55 AM   #22  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Down 1.5 lbs. Slow and stead wins the race, I hear.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:16 AM   #23  
Believe

Rhonda - I know exactly how you and Tricia feel about wanting to move into a new weight "decade". At least you're going in the right direction!

Good luck next week Dana! I'm sure you'll start seeing a loss once you add in the exercise. I know most people say that once they start exercising they get addicted to it...not me! I have to force myself to exercise for at least an hour a day. And I do mean force! But I'm still optimistic that one day I'll find that perfect exercise for me that will be addicting! And on a high note - at least you maintained!!

Diane - I'm with Rhonda! I'm glad you posted this week even though you hit a rough patch. Good luck next week with the exercise goal!

Aimee - You're still trying so you're not a failure! I have the tendency to gain or maintain some weeks when I have been perfectly on plan both food and exercise wise so I know how frustrating weight gains can be no matter how large or small. Hang in there and keep posting!

Good job to the rest of you losers!

As for me - after a .2 lb gain last week, I'm down 3.6 lbs this week.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:49 AM   #24  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks so much Dana
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:47 AM   #25  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlifestyle View Post
Robin? What type of exercise do you do?
You have done so well. Congratulations.

Congratulations to all of you ladies and your successes.

Ann
As far as my exercise goes, it's hard to explain. I'll give it a try. I've yet to step foot in a gym. My exercise keeps changing and increasing as I lose more weight. I started out slowly. Currently I do sit ups, leg lifts, stretching, arm work and I use a resistance band. I also aim to take a 30 minute walk every day. Sometimes it's more, sometimes a little less. I also dance 2x a day, about 25 minute sessions, once in the morning, once in the afternoon or evenings. I don't always get in the 2 sessions, but I often do. I work out of my home so I also try to sneak in a few 5 minute spurts throughout the day of dancing. Sometimes just 2 minutes. I do those little spurts often. It keeps me moving all day long and burns calories. I wear a pedometer and I love to see it move up.

As far as choosing my goal weight, like Dana said it is not written in stone.I'm a short one, only 5 feet tall. I remember being 135 lbs when I was 20 or so. I wasn't thrilled with that number at the time, but now would be grateful for it. I had a hard time getting under that when I was younger, so now that I'm 43 and have had 3 kids I don't think it's realistic for me to think I can get below that. Not to mention I most likely will have some excess skin to deal with that I did not have at 20 years old. We shall see what happens as I get closer. I am not willing to go less then 1200 calories a day and I am not willing to workout 2 -3 hours a day to get to and maintain a certain weight.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #26  
one pound at a time......

S/C/G: 235/231/135

Height: 5'4"

Well, after a week of eating perfectly on plan and exercising 5 out of 7 days I'm officially UP 1lb. Grrr..... Maybe next week.
Shrinking Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #27  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Shrinking Daisy: Gosh do I understand your GRRR! I'm with you on that. Thanks for sharing though. I didn't budge off my last weight, and it is good to know that I'm not alone. Next week, we'll both have big successes!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations on all the great losses, and for those of you had a maintain or a gain, don't worry -- consistency will pay off!!

I'm trying not to be discouraged, because again, for the 3rd week in a row, I lost one pound. I love losing a pound, don't get me wrong -- but I'm so close to being under 200 and it seems like my body is just taking its sweet time getting there. It would be different if I hadn't stayed on my plan and worked out like a demon. I ran more than I ever have this past week -- 18 miles total -- and I did other exercise as well. I stuck to my eating plan -- in fact, I can't even remember the last day I didn't stick to it. Yes, I know losing a pound is great, but when you run that much you can't help thinking you're burning tons of calories -- and then your body doesn't quite do the math!! Ugh. I'm so afraid I'm hitting a plateau, and what an annoying time to hit one, just before I hit Onederland. The really annoying part is that I've seen 199 on the scale a few times in the past few weeks, but never on my "official" weigh-in day. I fluctuate around 199-202 lately, and today it said 200. Sigh...I'll get there.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

You'll be there soon Lisa, and the numbers will just keep gonig down from there too.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #30  
I feel the Burn!!

S/C/G: 266/260/165

Congrats everyone on the losses! Coming here makes me want to try so much harder!
I'm down one little pound this week, after a small late night McDonalds fiasco, so I'm pretty much ok with it!!! I think all the yardwork I've been doing is helping, lord knows I'm sore enough that it should be!
Preciouskittenn is offline   Reply With Quote