Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 PM   #1  

Default Hello

I just posted my intro over in the Intro section.

I'm new, embarrassed by my weight, not happy with myself or my state of health and fitness. My unhappiness in my body is affecting my marriage, though I'm married to a prince. I'm sure you've all heard it before. I need to lose 100 lbs, but I'd be content with 75, I think. It's a vain little piece of me, but I'd like to weigh less than my DH. He's a runner, has run the NYC marathon 3x.

I'm about a size 20 now, would love to be a size 8. Let's be real, I'd love to shop in a normal store again.

I can't afford to go to weight loss groups or join a gym. I need to do it all alone.

I walk my dog 7x a week, 1.7 or 2.5 miles a day - depending on when I get up or if it is a weekend. I broke my ankle last summer (2 surgeries later) and am back to walking without a limp. I want to step up my walking speed. I have Pilates DVDs and Taebo. I keep telling myself I'll alternate days. And yet, I haven't started.

Okay, is that enough self pity??? Time to get to work!
kristinaferina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Good luck and welcome...there is a lot of good advice here. You seem to be doing a pretty good job on exercise..now time to start watching what you eat. There's several ways to do that...do what works for you...but no the less...good luck and welcome.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Kristina! Many of our 3FC friends are on this journey without the support of a weight loss group or a gym. I am a member of the 'Y', but I am just as likely to walk around the neighborhood as I am to drive to my workout. And, I'm following the Southbeach diet. You don't need a fancy gym membership or to pay to attend a weight loss group. It sounds like you have the desire to embark on this journey and that is half the battle! So, put your tennies on and let's go!

Looking forward to getting to know you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Welcome!!! My name is Angi, recently transplanted from Los Angeles to KY, and have lost 49 pounds, as of last Monday. A good way to track calories is fitday.com, alot of us use it, it's free and you can set goals and it'll track it all for you. It's tedious to begin with, since most of us enter our own meals, ingredients or brands, I find I tend to buy the same brands in almost everything foodwise, so once it's in, it's good to go. Wishing you a successful journey. We're all here to support you!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:13 PM   #5  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey! Welcome!

Yup, the pity party is OVER. Focus on today, and then tomorrow focus on today again! You can do it if you put your mind to it (I know, so cliche, but so TRUE!!!)

I'm on my own too... This IS my weight loss support group, and I love it!!! Keep coming here... These ladies will inspire you and keep you accountable. It's really a wonderful place.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:20 PM   #6  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey there and Welcome! I too am on my own...but not exactly, I log in here every day to get the inspiration and motivation I need. You came to the right place for sure!
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:40 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone!

Angi - thanks for the reminder about FitDay, I downloaded that ages ago. I'll fire that up again.

I also need to get a replacement battery for my scale.

Do you all weigh in once a week or any chance you get? LOL. I'm an "any chancer". I need to pick a day and stick with it.
kristinaferina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!! You picked the best support group you could, and it's free! I am one who is doing this without a gym also, and it isn't too difficult at all. Using your own body works too. Just check in here everyday and take it one day at a time - and before you know it, you'll be lighter than your hubby!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #9  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

As everyone else has said, WELCOME! You will not be doing this alone if you come to this great place, because as we have all found out, this is the best place you can come to help you succeed. I cannot tell you how many days I have come here on a down note only to be encouraged to the point of wanting to work out after reading posts of others' successes! You can do this even if it seems there are obstacles to overcome - just take it one meal, one day, one workout at a time - even one minute at a time, if necessary. It is a journey, and you have found the most wonderful group of people to go with you. Looking forward to getting to know you as we travel along.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote