Old 01-20-2007, 01:29 AM   #1  
Live for the Moment!

Red face Wow..where did 2006 go?!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH OF YOU!!!

God I've missed you all... Who's still here? What's new? How's life? I'm sure i've missed so much. I can't believe its 2007 already...time has gone so incredibly fast over the past 7 months.. its truly been a whirlwind, but alas, finally some much needed "down" time.

First it was our move (the house we built), then it was our best friends wedding...Steve was Best Man, and I was Maid of Honour so busy w/ planning all summer! Next, I was off on a trip to Newfoundland...followed by our same friends big move to their new home, followed by all the hustle/bustle of xmas... which we hosted Xmas Day and NYE in our home for the first time! Yup, I'm all grown up...I've officially cooked a turkey dinner for all the family. Amidst all of the personal life stuff, work has been insane. I love my job and how far I've come in my job over the past year...but its taken a lot out of me! So, not trying to make excuses but that's why I haven't been around...

So, now its into a new year with no HUGE plans in the upcoming months so time to get re-focused (god, once again?! will it ever truly work?)... I'm on day #5 of quitting smoking...its tough, but its what I want.. So, now i'm making my big plan of attack to get back to eating healthy, working out and most importantly losing weight. D-Day is this Monday....I was doing great before xmas and starting to lose, but then the whole month of December pretty much became a write off... So, time to get focused.. Plus, I got an Ipod for xmas so its time to get movin'!

So, who's all still around?? Can't wait to catch up!

Been way too long...
Celina

PS: Did I mention my dreams came true this past weekend? I got to meet my "future husband" (hehe)... Dierks Bentley.... I'm still on Cloud 9 as a result!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:50 AM   #2  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Celina!! So good to see you, that's awesome that you're in your new home and everything is going great!!

I'm newly back also, I was gone most of last year being pregnant lol. I had a baby boy on Dec 12, and I restarted Weight Watchers on the 1st. I've missed chatting with you too!!
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:57 AM   #3  
Live for the Moment!

RAELYNN!!! MY GOD! LOOK AT YOUR NEW BABY!

It doesn't look like you're still on my MSN list...We totally gotta catch up girl! I want to see so many pictures!

I'm so excited to see you here!

Celina
Old 01-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #4  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I'm glad you're back too!! I re-added you to my msn too.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hey woman!!!!! good to see you around these parts again. I'm gonna PM you right now!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Awwww CELINA!!!!

Missed you sooo much

It sounds like life is good on your end!!! Life is good here too..I am trying to cope with and move on from a total (+10) backslide. But other than that...good stuff.

Stick around...will ya!!!

xoxoxo
Linda

PS...Who's Dierks Bentley??
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Celina,

I don't know you but I am on day 2 of not smoking it has been a roller coaster ride with this for sure. I hope we can give each other support.

Hugs
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #8  
Live for the Moment!

Aww... to each of you too!

Linda - Dierks Bentley is my future fantastic husband! HAH! Okay, really, he's a rising star in the Country music world, and my gf and I are completely in love! For us to not only be front row in his concert last Saturday night, but then to meet him on Sunday, was a dream come true! (mildly obsessed fans...hehe) I'll post some pics soon....

Colleen - I'd be more than happy to offer support.. Yes, this quitting smoking is tough.. I'm on day #7, and today will be the first time I'm exposed to smokers.. Going to visit a gf who's still smoking... But, right now i'm just focused on the money savings. I mean, let's face it as a smoker, we do live in denial over the health risks...so even though, that's a great bonus to quitting, its just not enough to motivate me right now. So, I'm looking at the bank account and all of the other things I could be doing with my smoking money! Plus, it helps me that my bf, and our best friends quit with us! Less temptation and more support!

So, yes, I'm back and here to stay... especially now that i'm not smoking and need to do something to keep this fingers busy! So, hows' everyone else?

Dana - I'm just on my way out but will respond to your PM this evening.. Missed ya girl!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Celina,

I have been posting, blogging, knitting anything to keep my fingers busy. I have heard that it gets better after 3-4 days is that true??? I hope here OK I have been having a hard time sleeping, pretty much ate my way through last night. Tomorrow is my biggest challenge yet I have to go back to work and there is only 1 part-time guy there that doesn't smoke all of the rest do....uuuuuggghhh I will make it through, I will make it through.

How did your visit go with your smoking friends???
Hugs
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Celina - great to see you! I was wondering what became of you the other day.. sounds like life is going pretty good

I am doing good, I quit my management position and have moved to another company with a part time (better paid) position which i'm really enjoying. Who knew there was a life outside of work, surely not me!! I'm tackling the weight loss stuff, I have a new mind set and its making a huge difference with everything I'm doing. I've also picked up running, which can actually be fun sometimes. Take care, and goodluck with the quitting smoking thing! You can totally do it!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #11  
Live for the Moment!

Aimee - So happy to see you! Glad to hear about the running! I for one would definately have to be in WAY better shape to run...but hopefully some day soon!

This time i'm going to stay around.... I'm so refocused.. the feeling of 2007 is great! Plus, i've now officially made it to 1 week of being smoke free!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #12  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br00klyn View Post
Aimee - So happy to see you! Glad to hear about the running! I for one would definately have to be in WAY better shape to run...but hopefully some day soon!

This time i'm going to stay around.... I'm so refocused.. the feeling of 2007 is great! Plus, i've now officially made it to 1 week of being smoke free!
Celina and Lucy ~ Congrats on quitting!!! It has been on my mind for so long, and today I just found out that my job is sponsoring a quit smoking program where they provide support as well as free aids for 8 weeks. I think I'm ready to do it. Keep it up ladies!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #13  
Live for the Moment!

Tiffany - DO IT! Trust me, I do admit that as gross as it is.. I love smoking.. but really as a smoker!? When's it ever going to be a good time and when will you ever be ready? The point is you won't... you just have to make that choice and stick with it! Good Luck!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #14  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br00klyn View Post
Tiffany - DO IT! Trust me, I do admit that as gross as it is.. I love smoking.. but really as a smoker!? When's it ever going to be a good time and when will you ever be ready? The point is you won't... you just have to make that choice and stick with it! Good Luck!
Thanks for the inspiration! I just talked to DH, who is a smoker as well, and we've decided that we are ready to just do it. I'm calling tomorrow!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Glad to see you back around. It's amazing how quickly time flies when you start having all those big life issues. Congrats on the quitting smoking
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote