Old 12-31-2006, 04:13 PM   #1  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Default Can you picture what you will look like at goal?

Can you picture what you will look like at goal?

I try to, but I really can't get a picture in my mind of what I may look like. It's been close to 20 years since I was at my goal weight, and since then, I've had two kids and obviously I'm a lot older.

What about you? Can you picture yourself at goal?
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/179/140

Height: 5'5"

I've thought about it..can't always picture myself but know what I aspire to look like. Time will tell. I know where I want to be is achieveable so therefore I know how I will look will be exactly what I was hoping for.

Michelle
Paborsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:32 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Tammy, you read my mind! I've been thinking of this a lot this week. I have no idea what I'll look like! I, too, have had way too many years since I was at goal, about 17 to be exact. I've also had a couple kids, and add that they were both c-sections. I know I'll always have that hanging tummy from the surgeries and long time spent overweight, but even now I look in the mirror and I'm happy (at least clothed, anyway! LOL).
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:42 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good question!!!! It's also been about 20 years since I've been at goal, I'm 43. 3 kids, 1 via c-section. The body could be quite scary. The tummy, thighs and upper arms. So yeah, I'll definitely be enjoying the winter season more then the other 3. More coverage.

I don't think I'll be one of those people that if you hadn't seen me since before I started losing weight that when you do you won't recognize me. That was a long sentence. I never had an overly full face when at my heaviest, and when at my lightest I had a round face .

I guess that I'll just have to wait and see. And as far as I'm concerned, the sooner the better.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:31 PM   #5  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Without clothing I picture myself as a frightful sight - but I'm looking forward to it because I know that I'll be starting the second half of my life so much healthier and active than I've been the last 20 years and with clothing on I'll look simply wonderful for a woman my age!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:53 PM   #6  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

10 years ago I was 20 pounds over what is my current goal weight (but not toned at all due to weight loss without exercise). I know I'll look better than that (and I looked pretty good then!).
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:57 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Its been way too long since I've been thin...I've had two children via c-section and I havent worked out in years so I know my stomach won't be flat anymore...and the breasts...well, lets not even go there! I know I will look better and I'll move around better and be more graceful. I can't wait!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #8  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

No, I can't really picture myself at my goal unless I think of myself at what I weighed in high school. A friend of mine said, "Wow! You must have been really TINY!" when I told him that I had another FIFTY POUNDS to go to reach my goal weight. TINY is not a word that I associate with ME!

I DID go through some more clothes in my closet today, though, as I was putting together an outfit to wear today. I tried on my tried and true blue jacket, and it was W-A-Y too big! Honestly, I was somewhat shocked! My perception of myself NOW has not yet caught up to what I guess reality is. It is weird (but nice!)

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:38 AM   #9  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

good question. personally i have no idea what i will look like. it is strange to me. even now since losing the first 50lbs, i cant tell you what shape i am, face shape...nothing. i just can't see it clearly. before i was just round everywhere and had big everything. haha. i don't even know what clothes or colors suit me. strange.
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 273/246/175

Height: 5'3"

Wouldnt it be nice if there were software where you could take a picture of yourself now and have the software manipulate it to show a loss of 75 or 100lbs based on where you have been losing inches? I bet they have something like that for the "rich and famous". I think its amazing how they do that with missing children, how they simulate how old they would look after a certain number of years.
Justwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:36 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I had a mental picture of what I would look like at goal. It wasn't pretty. I thought I'd be totally saggy and disappointed with my body. Turns out, I look closer to my high school figure than I'd ever hoped for. (not as firm, of course but WAY better than I expected). So, to all of you that are still losing weight, Paint a pretty picture in your mind.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #12  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Lily, that's good to hear. I'm expecting a lot of loose skin. Like Mel said, I'm prepared to be a frightful sight without clothes on. I have an hourglass figure, so I think I'll be happy with my shape while clothed.

I never thought my face had changed when I gained weight, but I guess I was wrong. People who have only known me as obese don't recognize me now. Family who remember what I looked like before I gained so much weight do still recognize me.

It would be so neat to have software that predicted what we would look like.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:04 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

About 6 years ago I was within 10 pounds of my goal weight. I have a good idea what I'll look like, but I can't imagine where all the skin will go.
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #14  
I WILL Do This...

Like most of you guys I've had kids (2 of them 16 months apart) and it took a major tole on my body. I honestly don't have a clue what my stomach or breasts will look once I hit goal. I know I'll look amazing compared to what I do now and I'll feel a billion times better than I do now so that's my driving force not the finished "look".

Great question!
Tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #15  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

I have thought about it. But I can't picture it for the life of me. I remember what I looked like when I met my husband. My target weight is less than what I was then. So, it will be interesting. I can't even remember what time in my life I was at my target weight. Obesity followed me all my life and I think I just stopped paying attention after awhile.

But, whatever it is I will look like, I'm sure I will like it more so than now
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote