YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 12-02-2006, 08:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Anyone doing the Ultimate Weight Solutions?

I am starting tommorow. I've been looking for a "plan" that I will be able to stick to forever and Dr Phil's plan really clicked for me. I will eat this way for the rest of my life. Seems very reasonable. My MIL has had lots of luck with this way of life as well.

Anyone else doing it? Seems VERY quiet here.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:03 AM   #2  

Nobody eh?

Well I am on day 5 and doing EXCELLENT! I did cheat a bit last night with some buttered popcorn, but I still didn't go over calorie wise
Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

Default Dr. Phil

I'm planning on following this program and starting on Monday! I'd be happy to be your "buddy"! I could use the support! Interested?
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:03 PM   #4  

VERY interested

I am living this program. I cheated yesterday on day 5 and weighed myself and am pleasantly surprised...down 5 lbs! I will measure myself tommorow.

I am consuming around 1600 calories per day but I am nursing my 13 month old son so I need more calories. I exercise for 15 min vigorously and 15 min so so. I am building up the exercise because I dont want to overdo it.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #5  

Yayay! I have my very first buddy! I'm going to start on Monday...I don't know why Monday's are always diet starter days, but I do need some time to figure out a meal plan and get together a food list and I think starting during the week and staying disciplined while at work will just be an easier transition...we all know how crazy weekends can be!

Congrats on the 5lb loss! That is so awesome! It is much better to do ease into exersize! Most people don't do it, so good for you with getting on your feet! That is one habit that luckily I already have, I go to the gym 3 times a week. I'd like to increase that to 4 and eventually 5. 4 is my goal for this week (I've only been there twice this week, so I guess I need to go tonight and tomorrow, huh?)...anyway...good luck this weekend!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #6  

My absolute FAVORITE snack is to take 1 frozen banana, 1 cup skim milk and 1 tbsp ground flax seeds and blend. It gets all creamy and almost like a milk shake. I looove it! Can't wait until you start

Angela
Old 12-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

Hi. I would love to join you both in this plan. I bought the book awhile ago and it just sat there but after yesterday's Dr Phil I got inspired by the two women on the show and their families.

I too weigh in the upper 170s and would love to be around 140. Honestly, I'm too afraid to get on the scale right now. I feel so out of control right now and I need some perspective. I always convinced myself that plans were "constricting" and if I just ate "naturally" I'd be okay but you need a plan to be successful in anything so it's time to mend my ways.

Congrats on you 5lb loss and I'm onboard if you guys would like the company. I just started reading the book, I'll finish through Key 1 today and be up to speed. Talk to you later
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #8  

YAY! I'm so glad you are here too!!

Yesterday was bad bad bad. I went to my brothers birthday party.....VERY unprepared. Needless to say I went WAY over 2000 calories. Argh. Today I am mostly back on plan but tommorow I am 100% back on plan. I woke up this morning with a crappy food hangover.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:26 AM   #9  

I'm so glad to see you went right back. A day of splurging doesn't mean the end of your lifestyle change. It's just part of it. You're allowed. This is your conscious talking .

I finished through Key 1 and read through Key 5 to get the high yield foods and figure out the logic behind them. I wasn't clear what the rapid start plan was so I figured I better go find it. I actually spent time working on the exercises. Key 1 was fascinating. My entire list of how I feel about my body was all negative ( I wasn't surprised). My mentality was downing myself, frustrating and all or nothing thinking. I really loved the Frustration Thinking aspect. He described me to a T, if I had a nickel for everytime I thought " if I don't have this I will just DIE". " I can't tolerate the frustration and discomfort of changing my life". Seeing them written down was amazing. It suddenly sounded so silly to think I would just DIE if I chose to make a better life for myself. What did you come up with? What was the most surprising?

I jumped to the food section too. I like the way he explains food intake. That you can splurge, don't spend all your time measuring, and go with a variety of foods. I've always known this but without the exercises I had no way to deal with my old thinking patterns.

I have 2 parties to go to this week. So I'll get a chance to test some theories. Have a good day.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:01 PM   #10  

Well it was a good thing I went through Keys 2 yesterday. One of my best friends had a heart attack and is in the hospital in bad condition. It's still up in the air. I thought about the stress relievers. I spent a great amount of time deep breathing today.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:33 PM   #11  
Lisa

S/C/G: 194

Height: 5'4

Default Hi Guys!!!! Glad your here..

I would love to be part of your support group. Congrats babygrant on your 5lbs!!!!

I have just started reading Dr. Phil's book and it really hit home for me. I am very much an emotional eater and have been going on crazy binges and I feel I am losing control and it scares me. Its great to have the support here and it would be great if we can all share in our joys & frustrations.

I will be starting on Sunday as I have 2 x-mas parties to go to this weekend....oh god the temptation....food is the devil ha ha

What do you guys think of doing a weekly weigh in here..or monthly measurements? I realize its not about the number on the scale but would help to stay accountable?

Well I look forward to talking to u guys soon!

Lisa
lisa008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #12  

Good god I am so off of the plan! My oldest ds is soooooooooooooo ill. He is 3 years old and has struggled with breathing difficulties every winter since he was a tiny baby. We found out yesterday that not only does he have spasmodic croup (recurring croup) but he has asthma that is triggering it. He also has an ear infection. So life here has been beyond hectic and I have fallen off, but I will get back on. It has just been so hard carrying around a teething 1 year old in one arm and a weezy 3 year old in my other arm and trying to get meals made....argh. But now that he is on some new meds, hopefully he starts feeling better and I have more time to prepare!
Old 12-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #13  

Hey gang Looks like our group is getting a little bigger! YAY! That is definitely good news! I am down two pounds! YAY! I'm very happy about this! The challenge will be keeping it off over Christmas and then some! Wish me luck!

Sumu-Sorry to hear about your friend, please keep us posted on their condition, I hope all is well! I also tend to reach for food to comfort me, I understand how this must be very difficult for you, good thing that you have already adapted healthy ways of dealing with it! Congratulations for that!

Lisa- From one emotional eater to another, WELCOME! I love your idea of a weekly weigh in, I usually do that on some other threads that I frequent, but would love to do it in one place, and this may as well be it. I usually weigh in on Saturday mornings, we don't have a scale at home and I use the one at the gym, I was weighing in at night, but I found that number to be too random, so Saturday mornings are the only day that I can get there before I eat too much...too bad I can't do it naked though I'm hoping Santa will be bringing a scale

Babygrant-Sorry to hear about your little one! I hate seeing little kids sick
It breaks my heart! Please keep us posted on his progress back to good health!

Have a good week girls!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #14  

Yea! More people!!!

I didn't fare to well either the last couple of days. With all that's going on and my PMS/TOM it's been difficult. I swear during the last 2 days before my TOM I am a bottomless pit. I didn't do great but I didn't do awful either so I'll keep going through Key 4. The one thing I did learn is I NEED a no-fail environment and NO snacking after 7pm. If I'm bored or tired I get "hungry". Today I got back on the horse and did pretty well.
I was going to brave the scale but I chickened out. This Sunday will be my weigh day. Christmas itself isn't a huge food fest day at my parent's so I should be okay.
Awesome Toni on your 2lb loss...you'll do great this weekend. Babygrant, I hope the little one feels better soon. Lisa, I'm up for a weigh in day. Your right no excuses and accountability is important.
Off to finish Key 4 reading. Have a great night all.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #15  

can someone tell me a quick rundown of this plan? is it count carbs? calories? or what? thanks xoxo Red
RedisHere is offline   Reply With Quote