YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 02-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Summer's Coming Support/Challenge Thread 2

Just thought I'd start a new thread for February. Hard to believe that it is already a new month. January sure went by quick.

My weight is up by a couple of lbs. I'm sure it is from babying myself while I've been sick. When I am a little better I'm going to start exercising again. At present my chest is still quite congested and I get tired just doing little things. Meanwhile I am going to improve my diet a lot. I'm going to try the Dr. Phil Rapid Start Plan. It worked well for me the first time and I"d like to get a jump start on some weight loss.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #2  

Default I'm Back

Well, i am back, sorry i have been mia for a while, i fell off the wagon!! I am getting back on it though, back on WW, and I have an appt with the GYN to see about getting preg. I know she is going to want me to lose before we get pregnant, so I am looking at it as every pound lost is 1 pound closer to my baby.
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #3  

Good afternoon girls.

Jen are you feeling better?

Donna great to see you back!!!

Nikki I hope you are feeling better soon and backto yourself. I can imagine your journey is going to be a long one. I hope you are able to "hang out" with us. If not know that you are in our thoughts and prayers

I had a 3 poundgain this week. I was expecting a gain but NOT three pounds!!! But I have a small goal in my mind right now, though I refuse to put it in writing LOL. So I will try to keep myself on track thinking of it!

Have a great day!!!!!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #4  
Jen

My goodness it is quiet in here. Hope everyone is well. As for me I've got bronchitis. Gosh only knows how I got that as I don't smoke and that seems to be who gets it most. Anyway I was supposed to work tonight but I'm wiped out still and the dr gave me a note if I need to take the whole weekend off which I might. Just taking it day by day right now. Take care everyone and have a good weekend.

Misty - sorry to hear about your gain, seems to be going around right now!
Old 02-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #5  

Jen-I hope you are doing better. I don't smoke either but I get bronchitus every year twice a year. Or at least I did until I had kids. I used to get it so bad I'd cough and cough and cough until my brochial tubes were raw and I'd cough up blood. Then I would get asthma like symptoms as well. Luckily I have't had it in about two years, I had a very mild (well mild for me) case of it last year I think, but not like I used to get it. But it will wipe you out. There was one antibiotic that worked well for me. But it was very expensive and the doctor's wouldn't giv eit to me b/c the ins would argue and question why they perscribed it. So they'd give me something weaker and it wouldn't work. Then they'd give me the one that worked. You think after 10 years they would just give me what worked in the first place. Stupid doctors. LOL

I am doing better this week. DYING for pizza though. I can fit it in my points, but it often triggers me to binge, so I am trying really hard not to order it. But we'll see.

have a fabulous weekend!!!!! Get well Jen!!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #6  
Jen

Hi there. I am better now but I am still taking another sick day from work. I feel a bit tired yet and I just know if I went to work tonight I would end up being sick again tomorrow so I'll have until Wednesday until I have to go back to work and I think I should be okay by then. I don't generally take antibiotics unless I am certain I have a bacterial infection and for that I make them take a specimen for culture. I know what you mean about the coughing, feels like I'm going to cough up a lung sometimes! I did get some codeine syrup that I take at bedtime so that I can sleep.

Wow it is so windy here today. Last night it sounded like a hurricane out there, rather surprised we have any shingles left on the roof.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Take care.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:23 AM   #7  
No pain, No gain...darn.

HI everyone! Well, I've decided to put my diet on hold for the time being and I'm taking up a new exercise program that includes Yoga. I'm doing this because of something very exciting that may potentially change our lives forever!!! Ya'll can probably guess what it is, but I'm not gonna come out and say it just yet until I'm absolutely positively sure!! Hee!!

I hope everyone who is sick feels better soon...man, it looks like the sick fairy passed over everyone's house!
PrincessCherryJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #8  

Amanda, hope all is well!!!!

Jen how are you feeling?

We had some kind of barfing thing over the weekend. I was puked on no less than 6 times, and that wasn't even all the puking that occured. TMI I know, just wanted to share the joy LOL

But we all seem to be better now.

I did great on my points, I haven't even touched my flex points this week...yet LOL I may need some to get me through today.

I have the day off. I am catching up on laundry (again the puke factor) and was hoping to go grocery shopping, but the roads are so bad. Most schools north of us are closed, not sure why ours isn't. It's snowing and blowing so hard I can barley see my in laws house across the road.

Well all have a fabulous day!!!!
~misty
Old 02-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #9  
Jen

Misty - Sorry to hear that you are snowed in, did you still get your babysitting kids in? Glad to hear the puking is over, must be some kind of stomach virus going around. Didn't you guys just have something like that not too long ago?

I'm feeling better today, my chest isn't sore, just still feel a bit tired overall but I think that will pass in the next day or so. We were supposed to get that snow storm too but it passed to the north of us and we just got a little dusting of snow. Seems like winter might actually be here. It has got to be the warmest and rainiest winter I can ever remember.

Take care all, have a great day!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #10  

Good to hear you are feeling better Jen! Hopefully you are all finished with it soon. Yes we were all sick just like a week ago. We can't seem to get healthy this winter.

No daycare kdis today. I am trying to figure out income tax stuff. no fun!

have a great day all!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:46 AM   #11  

I weighed in last night. I lost....5.5 pounds! I worked really hard this week as far as eating. I didn't exercise much, just once. My goal this week is another loss. No matter how much I want a loss two weeks in a row.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #12  
Jen

Misty - good news on the loss this past week. I wish I could say the same!

I ate very poorly this past week what with being sick and all, I was inhaling comfort food! Anyway I have gained 2 lbs since last week. Not very impressed with myself. Well, what can I do except try to do better?!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #13  

I lost 4 pounds, down to 266.4, so I guess I am on the right track, had to change my GYN appt, now I go on the 27th. Hopefully I will be down even more by then!
Way to go Misty!
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #14  
Jen

Donna - congrats on your loss! Great job.

How's everyone doing today? I had my first night shift back at work in like a week and a half while I was off being sick and it was very long but the work was okay. I slept okay today, still up too early but I get to the point where I know I am not going to sleep anymore so it seems pointless to just lay in bed. Anyway I didn't mention yesterday with my 2 lbs gain I am up over my highest ever weight which really made me angry at myself. Definately I am not going to get any higher and if I have a slim hope of getting even close to my b-day goal I've got to start moving my butt and stop eating so much! I think another reason I am kind of angry is that someone I know had WLS surgery and the weight is going to just fall off of her (probably, no guarantees even with WLS she could lose some weight and then gain it back). I don't know why it upsets me, generally I could care less about people having WLS, it's their decision. I guess I just feel that she's taking the easy way out and here I am struggling along. I know its not the easy way, anyone out there who has had WLS need not jump all over me but I know the next time she gets on the scale she's gonna have lost a significant amount of weight and for me to lose the same amount would be a heck of a lot more difficult. I guess in a way that I am envious. I don't want WLS at all, I am envious of her getting on the scale and seeing that weight loss when all I am seeing is gains all the time. Well it's my own darned fault I know that. Just wanted to whine a little.

Take care all, have a great day.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #15  

Hey everyone!

Thank Heavens tomarrow is Friday!!! It has been such a long week. I am taking DD with me to Rochester tomarrow night. She and I will spend the night with my best friend, then Saturday DD, my friend and her daughter and I will go see Seasme Street Live. We will also probably have lunch out, and maybe go to the kids' museum in the afternoon, pending how the girls are doing. DS is staying home with DH for some male bonding. I didn't think the show would be much fun with DS as he is too young for it really and is a handfull at this age. I am really excited. I am going to try REALLY hard to keep my points in check and get in my water since I have done very well the rest of this week. My home scale is showing a nice loss so far.

Jen-I can really relate to your feelings. It seems sometimes that everyone else is doing it why can't I? I hear about this program or that new book, or dvd and I feel like well maybe I should try that. I know WLS is an option for some people and I can relate to your feelings of envy.

I have to run though the phone is ringing so I have to run! I'll end my tyraid early LOL