YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 05-22-2005, 10:29 PM   #1  

Default One Week Challenge (5/23-5/29)

It was a good week for me. I probably gained after eating eveyrthing I did today. But over all I am pleased. My goal will remain the same, I want to make sure I am in the groove with them beofre I add mroe to my plate.

How did everyone else do? I have been insanley busy today and did not get a chance to read the last few posts on the last thread. I will read them tomarrow when I get a break.

Have a good day all!
~misty
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #2  
5yrs later/70 lbs thinner

My goals for last week were:
No late night eating - check!
4 Workouts - no check, but I did have 3.

The no late night nibbling is easier than I expected. Actually, my eating was very clean this week. There's really no reason I couldn't have gotten that 4th workout in - I just didn't feel like it this weekend. C'est la vie.

But I did lose two pounds.
honey_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #3  

There is pizza in my fridge. I am not going to eat it. It's cold an dgross. Perhaps if I say that enough I will believe it. I'm hungry, but I don't know what to eat for breakfast this morning

Great job on the loss Honey!!

I gained....ALOT. Darn that pizza!! I went to a get together on my husband's side of teh family and my mistake I didn't eat first. They served veal, sorry can't eat that. My son ate everything else on my plate. Despite being fat it's not often you will see me eat in front of people. I am too embarassed, so there was no way I would have gotten a second plate. I didn't eat the first one and everyone knew that, but still. SO I was straving afterward b/c I had not eaten all day. SO we got Pizz hut for dinner. Need I say more?

Oh well. I ordered a new double jogging stroller, it should get here this week. It will make walking with the kids soooo much nicer. Living on a farm is hard on strollers, so I hope this one can handle the terrain. I also hope if fits in my car. LOL

have a great day everyone. I look forward to seeing how the rest of you did last week!
~misty
Old 05-23-2005, 05:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone!
Seems like I've been gone for ages. Finally back in town, and ready to get back to business. I haven't been to the gym in a week, so I know it's gonna hurt today. Since I didn't work on last week's goal, it will be this week's goal too:
15 more crunches.

It's hard to not eat crap when out of town. Restaurants just don't fit into this. So, I didn't do so well. But, that's okay. It's a new week.

Misty--the jog stroller sounds great!
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:00 PM   #5  

OK - I made half my goals - exercised 3 times last week.

This week's goals - exercise 3 times. And drink the water each day. I can do this - DH and I are going on a SHORT cruise to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We fly to
Vancouver on Friday, board the Crystal Harmony on Saturday, and get off in San Francisco (home) on Monday. But, I can work out on the ship, and I can drink the water. Of course, I intend to do much more - but this is about doing things that I know I CAN do, right?

Regards to all,
Ivanna B. Svelte
DTimpma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 07:01 PM   #6  

Did pretty good, I weigh in on friday mornings now, and last friday I had lost 2 pounds, my goal for this week is no snacking after 9:00, I stay up pretty late. And to exercise at least 3 days. Hope everyone reaches their goals this week.
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #7  

Just got back from the gym. I feel so much better. My bod really missed it last week. I made my goal too--extra 15 crunches= total of 90. Ouch.

Of course, I had to have a piece of the chocolate birthday cake from last night. :-) And it was really, really good. I'll get my husband to eat the rest of it tonight so it won't tempt me tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:44 PM   #8  

hello everyone,
all of you seem to be working hard as usual...not sure how i did on weight, but excercise was good all weekend...walked my butt off sunday and today...eating was not bad, but did cheat with "PIZZA". still have not had any soda for about 10 days now. all i have been drinking is water. my friend just gave me back a pair of jeans that i lent to her and i wore them 45 lbs ago. which was last summer for me...that was depressing...lol. well girls i am weighing in tomorrow, so i will let you know how im doing.
talk to you all soon
keep up the good work.
tammy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:48 AM   #9  

It'll be months before I'll step on a scale. It's too dissapointing to do it often.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 AM   #10  

Good morning all!

Yesterday was a nice day. No kids to watch Not sure if they will be here today or not.

It loooks like everyone is doing well.

Welcome bach, Marny. Eating out is very hard! Great job on the extra crunches!!! I like the idea of not weighing in so often. I was working with another gilr from on here and we were only weighing in together on Mondays. But she started remodeling her house and stuff so I haven't heard from her in a really long time, and slowly I got back into weighing myself alomost everyday.

Constance-Have fun on the Cruise!!! It's good you are planning ahead.

Great Job on the loss Donna!!

Tammy- Great job on the water. That is an area that I usually have no problem, but I am struggling.

What eating plan does everyone use? I forget. The reason I am asking is I have been trying to do WW, and I am not doing well. It worked well for me before, but my books are falling apart (foods starting with A and B are gone and C is on it's way), I 'm tired of calculating and measuring and such. It's one of the things I liked about bootcamp...NO COUNTING. Maybe I am just whining lol.

I am changing my goals
1) exercise 3 times this week
2) read Dr.phil's Chapter on what to eat
3) journal

~misty
Old 05-24-2005, 11:46 AM   #11  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting as much. I've been here, just lurking. I'm back up to 230lbs and it is kind of depressing me. I've been doing a lot of work around the house and I guess fooling myself that would make up for not going to the gym. It has been hard work yes but not the same as going to the gym and putting in some hard work on the elliptical machine. So I got myself over there, just got back now. I did 35 minutes cardio and some crunches. I'm not going to worry about weight training just now. I think getting there and doing 30-40 minutes is better than not going at all.

Misty - no more weighing in every day!! We both know that is not good! Once a week is plenty okay. Let's go back to our Monday morning weigh-ins and I promise I'll be more consistant with my posting because I am going to start losing weight and so I"ll want to come here and brag!

I've decided to start a weight loss scrapbook. I read on another post about how this person had lost weight and this is one of the things she did. Not like a journal to record food etc but more like a scrapbook with lots of pictures. I'm planning on getting someone to take a pic of me on the elliptical machine at the gym. Boy if this won't get me to lose weight than nothing will. I hate having pics taken of me but I'm going to have them taken and displayed in this album for all time and everyone will see how I lost weight.

So I"m going to have some lunch and get started on some work around the house. See everyone tomorrow!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:35 PM   #12  
BOLA

Hey Everybody,
I wanted to say to you keep up the good work. I am 24 and I have i little 1 yr old girl her name is Daisy. My goal is to workout at least 6 times a week and watch what i eat and stop eating 3 hours before i go to bed and omly drink water. My week start on thursdays b/c that is when I started my workouts. Hope to keep on talking to you all
bola81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #13  

hello everyone,

misty...im with you on the ww thing...it did work for me, but i found myself consumed by calcualtions. yuk...i want a very simple eating plan, i have to think hard enough for my family...lol...

my day was ok until i got home from work...i was starving ...so i ate...
bad idea...
well tomorrow is a new day...
i weighed today and lost 1 1/2 lbs...yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

talk to you girls soon
tammy o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:32 PM   #14  

I am doing ww flex, and am not doing really ggod this week, but tomorrow is another day, i can still redeem myself by Friday morning weigh in. Good luck everyone on your goals.
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #15  

Hey guys!
Misty--I'm working on being in "the Zone". Some days I stick better to it than others.

Bola--welcome! Daisy is such a cute name for a little girl.

Tammy-- congrats on the loss!

I just got back from the gym. It was a lot easier than yesterday. I met my goal, but it hurt. Ouch.

Tonight I'm making spaghetti with low-carb pasta. It's surprisingly good. Yummy.