YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 03-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #1  

Default Summer's Coming Support/Challenge- Thread 3

HI!!!!

WELCOME TO MARCH!! Seriously, how is that it is March already and I am still in the same place? I turn 29 this month. I want to be thin by 30,s o I better get things together!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:21 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone. I am down 2.8 lbs from yesterday. I know it is water but I don't care I will take it! It is nice to see the scale going in a downward direction already.

Misty - glad to hear that you are enjoying your new job, a change is as good as a rest.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #3  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi everyone. I'm doing better, health-wise. I've still got some crud to get out, but I was able to exercise yesterday without completely wiping myself out. DD is on an antibiotic, and doing better. It's the first time she's been on one in her LIFE.

I decided to give up desserts for Lent, since they are my major weakness. Sugar free pudding/popsicles are okay, but no ice cream, chocolate, cookies, things like that. So far, so good. I also want to incorporate more vegetarian cooking into my diet, but I don't really know what to do. I need some cookbooks.

I haven't weighed myself in ages. I get so neurotic with the scale. I can't seem to focus on good health and weightloss at the same time, ironically. One is all about appearances, and all my baggage comes into play. I dunno. I should probably read Dr. Phil again, to keep a healthy perspective.

Misty, hope the new job is going well. Jen, hope you're feeling well - keep at it. I'm going to pick a fun workout and try to get through 45 minutes today.

I'll check back later!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:11 AM   #4  
Jen

Morning all. Here I am at work, waiting the 29 minutes until I can go on a break. They don't go for 2 hour breaks yet basically everyone has been sitting around doing nothing for the last hour. I guess covering for your fellow nurses is a bad thing. I'd rather go for a 2 hour break and be running around answering call bells than be sitting around on my duff bored out of my skull. There is no reasoning though with some people. It is surprising how many staff won't go for breaks even though they deserve their breaks. Like the world is going to end or something if they don't go? Obviously they are super nurses I guess. Sorry I don't mean to be sarcastic or putting people down but I have worked on other wards where they think it is imperative that everyone get 2 1/2 hour breaks and work it out so that everyone goes. So I get frustrated when I come to places like this.

Anyway enough bad mouthing my fellow staff (giving myself a smack on the hand). I was very depressed all day today as per usual when I am back to work but today was even worse than usual. I was just wallowing around in self-pity and I don't know what but it was pretty bad. I am almost ashamed of how I was acting. In this respect I think I just need to grow up and get on with it.

Down another lbs and a bit this morning. Just hope I can keep it up. I know it is probably water but I'll take it! It will slow down no doubt once I've got rid of all the extra fluid I've been carrying around. I had one of those assessments at the gym where they shoot an electric current through you and it says what percent of your body is fat, muscle and fluid and I had a lot of excess fluid so I'll bet that is what is coming off especially as I've been cutting back on my simple carbs. Didn't exercise though today, should have, I'm certain it would have perked me up a lot. Oh well, I'll try to do better, that's all I can do.

Tracy - glad to hear you are feeling better. Generally I feel the same way about the scale but since my weight seems to keep creeping up I've been weighing myself everyday these past few days and I think I will continue. I'm not going to get crazy if I don't lose all the time but at least if I start to gain then I can make sure I am staying on track right away rather than leaving it for several days.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Take care.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:32 AM   #5  
Jen

No particular reason, just thought these were cute.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:02 AM   #6  

LOL those are cute Jen!

Just a quick note to say good morning then off to wake the kids. I have been completley off plan for two weeks. My weight is at 207 at home. Ughhhh!

Anyway have a great day!
Old 03-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #7  
Jen

Morning all. I had a pretty good weekend. Work was better than I thought it would be and my eating was good.

Misty - sorry to hear that your weight is back up. Get back on plan girl! yeah I know, easier said than done. What's going on that has thrown you off, is it the change in babysitting?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:56 AM   #8  

Good morning!!!!! How is everyone?

I am not sure what my deal is. I am depressed, grumpy and feeling generally like who cares!?

I love my new job. My stress level has been cut in half, less than half even. But....

This getting up at 5 am cleaning my house (I try to cram, all my normal house hold stuff like vacuuming into 45 minutes - and hour in the morning), and then babysitting 10 hours, coming home, cooking dinner, cleaning up after dinner, doing the kids' bath and stuff, then packing everything and laying out all the clothes for the morning, cleaning the play room every night, trying to do a couple loads of laundry every night is killing me. I can't do it. The job is great, love the kids, love the schedule for the most part. I just get NO break. The baby wakes up when the older ones nap. I am extra vigilant about keeping her house spotless. Where as my house I do all the dishes in one sweep at dinner, I do the kitchen floors once a day unless they have a big spill, there I do them all day trying to keep the kitchen tidy. But her house is so clean and neat and I don't want her to come home to a wreck. So when the kids are doing thier thing instead of chatting online with my sister, or coming here, or sitting down or something, now I am cleaning some one else's house. But over all it has been a great change for me! I am just used to some down time. I am on my feet all day.

But really it's like any other mom with a job right? Every other mom has to work and maintain a house. My mom always cleaned on Saturdays (well SUmmer and I did all the cleaning on Saturdays, but that is beside the point LOL). But living here on a farm once a week cleaning can't cut it I mean floors need mopped at least once a day, with two dogs and two cats I feel I have to vacuum at least 3-4 times a week if I can't do it daily. If I don'tw ipe down my bathroom everyday it's gross. My husband and I are both slobs, so I could spend 45 minutes a day just going around putting stuff away we left in random places. It's like two full time jobs. But like I said what mom doesn't live like that right? I just need to get used to it.

Well I am running late so I better run! Have a great day!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #9  
Jen

Morning all. I had a great week, I am down 4.6 lbs since last weigh-in on the 1st. Now I just have to hold onto that loss and keep losing! I am being a lot more vigilant and focused since the last time I was here being happy about losing 4 lbs. It has been really helpful to have my journal at home and I am also journalling here.

Misty - sounds like you are trying to cram too much into one day. Cleaning is a not a huge priority with me. My house isn't spotless, there are toys all over but hey it's a house not a museum. No I think most working moms let their house be a shambles until the kids get old enough to clean for them! Have you ever checked out the flylady site? This is a very good site about keeping the house clean but without spending a lot of time on it. www.flylady.com

Last edited by Jen; 03-07-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:43 AM   #10  

Good mornin!
WAY TOO GO JEN .. is awesome!!!!!!! Great job!

I love flylady!!!!! Instead of having lists like she uses though I have cards on a keychain so I can flip through them. I have a set for every morning, a set for MWF mornings, a set for T, Th mornings and one for every evening. My "routines". If I work diligantly I can get all the morning stuff done in 45 minutes, or and hour on Monday b/c I have some Monday only chores. The thing is my neighbors have this spotless house. I have discovered though it's b/c they own far less "stuff", I need to declutter! So at thier house I am on my feet constantly sweeping, wiping, putting away trying to keep it the way I found it.

Anyway, the kids will be here on Thursdays and Fridays so I need to maintain a reasonable house so that it's ok when they come. Even with my 45 minutes in the morning and another 45 minutues in the evening, I have piles of dirty clothes, DH's crap all over, piles of mail on my desk and kitchen table, random toys strewn about so I can step on them. Sometimes I wonder why I bother, you know? I do all this and it's still a wreck.

Oh well. SUch is life. We're all coming down with a cold. I am trying to be back on plan today. I had a chance to reach my Easter goal, but now that chance is VERY slim. But I will try.

have a great day all!!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #11  
Jen

Misty - so it's not so much that your house is dirty, just untidy. The only thing for that is to get everyone to pick up after themselves! It is hard I know, I am quite the person to just drop stuff wherever I happen to be but I am slowly getting better at it because I'm tired of my house looking like a bomb went off. Dh is naturally tidy in his own way. The office is a mess but generally otherwise he doesn't have a lot of his stuff throughout the rest of the house. As for toys and little kid stuff we try and tidy up at the end of the day, taking toys back to his room. I bought a bunch of bins for his bookcase that makes it easier to sort out little stuff and a couple of big bins for the big stuff. Anyway it can be quite a chore but to be honest I can't get myself that worried about it.

I ate a little too well yesterday, not eating crap but just maybe too much of what I did have but my scale still showed a 0.6 lbs drop so I'm okay with that. I drank 2L of water yesterday, felt like I was floating away! Back to work tonight but I'm determined not to get all moody again. At least I have only 2 nights and then the weekend off. I think all the exercise I've been doing has been helping keep my mood elevated.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #12  
Jen

Hi all. Well it feels that basically Misty and I are having a chat or I'm talking to myself. I appreciate that people are busy and don't have time to come here and post all the time but this place is starting to look like a ghost town! So I probably won't post here anymore. I'm not doing the Dr. Phil thing anymore, I think that craze has kind of died out so they might as well just chuck this whole section seeing as no one is posting. If you want to see me I started journalling here on 3FC or I am usually over at the 100 lbs club. I hope everyone does well and achieves their goal. Misty I know you are over at Slimmin Sistas once in awhile so maybe I'll pop over there and see how you are doing or you can come over to 100 lbs club, doesn't matter that you don't have 100 lbs to lose, all are welcome. Take care everyone.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #13  

Hi

Yeah a little sad, but very true things are very quiet around here. My life is crazy right now, seems like even when I am home I am not able to get online like I used to. I have a friend I met here over a year ago (Kelly) I email her alot. I haven't sent her an email in over a week I think. It's been nuts.

I'll catch you somewhere Jen, with the Sista's, 100 pound or PM maybe. I've enjoyed getting to know you and all your advice You can always email me.

Have a great day!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:40 AM   #14  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Sorry I haven't been around much guys - I've been spending most of my time online at religious websites, doing some research. And since my motivation has been lagging, I really need to focus and decide what plan I'm on. I'm thinking about rejoining my momma at WW this week. She's offerred to pay every week that I lose.

Jen, you've been doing so wonderfully - keep it up!

Good luck Misty!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #15  

TRacy, I do WW so if you'd like to come to the SLimmin' Sistas with me that would be cool. If not I understand Best of luck in whatever plan you choose I hope you are able to find that motivation you need. I certainly need to do the same.