YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #16  

Hi everyone
Ive been around but lurking mostly... dh has been laid off and jobs are very scarce around this area. Lots of stress and emotional rollar coaster riding around here. Im down 6 pounds in the last two weeks..I feel like Im back on track again. I watched the show I can make you thin? Did anyone else watch it. I use the tapping technique at night to keep away from the snacks at night. Im back to eating a good breakfast, lunch , one snack int he afternoon and a good supper and thats all. I may have a cup of green tea at night but thats it! So far so good. I know I can eat something before 8 pm if I want but if I can stay away from it...better for me! Weekends are still a struggle..wonder if that will ever go away?
Nice to see the regulars on here still... Kim and Cindy!! Welcome to the newbies!! These gals are great and a wealth of info!!
have a good week everyone!!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Patti....I watched the first episode but then I didn't see it again until this past Sunday......I missed the two episodes in between. Spill a little more info on this.....please?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #18  
Lovin' Zumba!

Patti - good to hear from you again!

Yes, please share the tapping technique - I taped this past Sunday's show, but that's the last one of the series, so even when I watch it, I will be behind the rest of the plan.

Sorry to hear about your dh's job - I can't even begin to imagine the stress that would cause! But it sounds like you're managing it ok, as you've been able to keep losing. Good for you. I'll have you guys in my prayers that he's able to find something sooner than later.

Did any of you see the finale of the Biggest Loser last night? I found it so inspiring - I always love seeing the before and afters. This season it seems like so many more of the women did so well - they really all looked great. I know the timeline is unrealistic in terms of how much they exercise each day, but it really made me feel like I can do this! Maybe I'll join the TBL challenge here to keep my motivation up.
Cindy
Old 04-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #19  

So exciting that Ali won!!!!! I was cheering her on all the way. Cindy....you got to find that motivation....that is essential! This is the 4th week of the March Madness at the gym and its 7 straight days of 30 min cardio....for some reason I am so hungry........can't figure that out but I am having a hard time staying on program. Oh well, just another bump in the road........
Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #20  

You may want to look up his site...it will prob give you more info. I think his name is Paul McKenna>????
the tapping technique is very easy..its based on accupressure points.
With two fingers tap:

-cheek bone
-collar bone(same side as cheek)
-back of your hand
-side of your hand (side with baby finger)
-back of hand again --while counting to 5 out loud
-side of hand while singing anything (lalalalala)
-keep tapping back of hand and look to your left...then to your right
-then look way up and make a circle with your eyes( think keeping head staight and only moving your eyes in circle)keep tapping hand
-tap cheek bone
-tap collar bone

*if this dosnt work the first time ...repeat ..You get so you can do it very quickly....its magical how it takes away the cravings... I completely forget about what I want..and then later on realize I was carving something...its weird but it works.

-
Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #21  

Awwwww....he finally asked her and she said YES!!!!! and get it in gear because I have a little over a year!!!!! It was driving me and DH keeping this little bit of news from her!!!!! I just had to let my YOAD family know!!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #22  
Lovin' Zumba!

Wow - that took a while! I can't imagine keeping that secret for so long! How did he finally do it?
Cindy
Old 04-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #23  

We would always go to Spring Mill State Park for family outings and he took her there because he said he knew the place held a lot of special memories for her and he wanted to make a memory for her of them.......awwwww, so special and romantic. She had her senior pictures taken there and she just loves it there. I am glad he finally asked her because it was killing us to keep it a secret.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #24  
Lovin' Zumba!

Wow - that was great of him, Kim!

Thanks Patti - I'll check out his website.

I've decided to try to couple Weight Watchers with YOAD - I need something to help me work on keeping my calorie count down - with DH around, I struggle with that, because he is an eating machine! I think I've told you gals before that he doesn't eat breakfast or lunch, and then crams all his calories into the evening. Hard for me to resist keeping up a little. So, I'm doing the points thing, but keeping to YOAD foods. Wish me luck!
Cindy
Old 04-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #25  

Cindy.....you can do it! I too have been coupling the WW points but choosing the guidelines of YOAD. It is so much easier that way.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #26  
Lovin' Zumba!

Day 3 today, and so far, so good! Not exactly YOAD-compliant, but I definitely feel in control, which is a great feeling!
Cindy
Old 04-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #27  

Thats a good thing Cindy,,,I find YOAD very similar to Core anyways!!

Congrats Kim..you will have a ball planning..I sure am!! counting downt he days now...so excited!!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #28  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy New Week gals - can you believe that April is almost over? Where did the time go?

This is the end of my first full week following WW, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Of course, I've peeked at the scale, and given that TOM started yesterday, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I know it's all water, but that's ok - at least the scale moved!

I also decided to start the TBL challenge here at 3FC - I really need something to keep me accountable, since I'm not going to WW meetings or anything. I don't know what team I'm on yet, not that it really matters, as I'm not *that* into that, but at least I'll have to post my weight every week, and that will keep me on the straight and narrow for the next 15 weeks. I'm determined to see it through to the end - they say at least 50% drop out! But not me!

Patti - remind me when DS's wedding is again?
Cindy
Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #29  
Lovin' Zumba!

This sounds yummy!

Double Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
This cinnamon-inspired smoothie recipe is brought to you compliments of the YOU docs -- Mehmet Oz, MD, and Michael Roizen, MD -- and their newly updated and expanded YOU: The Owner's Manual. To be sure you get enough cinnamon -- this recipe serves two -- we suggest topping your drink with a generous sprinkling of the fragrant spice.

Ingredients
1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, not thawed
1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
3/4 cup vanilla or plain fat-free or light soymilk
3/4 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice

Preparation
Combine all ingredients in a blender container. Cover; blend at high speed for 1 minute. Pour into frosty mugs, if desired, and top with powdered cinnamon. Makes 2 servings.

Nutrition information (per serving): 204 calories; 3.4 grams fat (1.3 grams aging fats); 5.6 milligrams cholesterol; 34.9 grams carbohydrate; 9.1 grams protein; 2.7 grams fiber; 266 milligrams sodium; 566 milligrams potassium.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #30  

Cindy.....what color team are you on? I will be hooraying for you!!!!!
Closed Thread