Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 8/14 - 8/20

Starting the topic. Be back in a little while to catch up and post. The beach is calling me!

Judy
Old 08-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/219/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning AtHomers!!!

End of week one and I am down..... 5.1 OMG!!! I *heart* Weight Watchers!

Hope everyone else gets good news at the scale
Old 08-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #3  

Susan - congratulations on a great first week loss!

Lisa - WTG on estimating points at the French dinner and wine tasting! My leader maintains that even if you go over points, if you count them (and journal them) you are still "on program" - and you still have flex points. Yes, I think most people just don't understand how hard teachers work. I don't know how teacher salaries compare in NY vs. VA (and they differ widely in different places in NY) but let's jsy say that the salary if far below what I used to earn in the corporate world. Still, I love it! Ouch on your poor feet. Yes, get new shoes so you *can* keep walking!

We have had fabulous weather and the beach is wonderful as always. I did fairly well out at dinner yesterday. I had steamers and (the best) lobster salad platter (the lobster salad was on top of tons of lettuce, cucumber, tomator, etc.) although I did have some of Tony's onion rings (and counted them). I had 2 french fries (they came with the platter) and ignored the rest. That and a light beer and I was happy. We had coffee back at the condo which was great because then I wasn't tempted by dessert. We went out to breakfast this morning and I had a yummy veggie breakfast burrito made with veggie sausage, tons of veggies, egg whites and, of course cheese. I did my best to estimate the points and the best part was that I stopped when I was full (not stuffed) and took the rest back with us (which I had as a mini-lunch). My plan to try to hit a couple of tennis balls with Tony fell through though. It seems as if this week there are a lot of tennis players; the courts were booked for when we had planned to play. I took a few walks on the beach though and just finished my PT stretches and strengthening exercises.

Time to go shower and change for dinner. I hope everyone is having a great Monday. Come check in!
Judy
Old 08-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #4  
Canadian, eh?

Way to go on reaching your 10% Judy!!! Awesome!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Susan - Congrats on a terrific loss!

Judy - Ah, you're at the beach. I love the beach. Sounds like you're doing really well with your food choices. Good for you! And good for you for stopping when you were full, not stuffed! I hope the fabulous weather holds up so you can enjoy your vacation to the maximum.

We were at the beach yesterday. We actually spent a couple of days in Holland Michigcan and spent the afternoon at a beautiful beach on Lake Michigan. We left Saturday afternoon and got back this afternoon. Needless to say, it was meals out for a couple of days and so eating wasn't the best. Although, I didn't do any snacking so that was good. I know I've retained water, so I'm guzzling now. Last week's weigh-in was ok - I lost .06 pounds, so that's good. I'm hoping for a maintain this week and then back to losing. I'm going to go catch up on last week's posts now.

Have a good evening.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Popping back in to say:

Judy - Congrats on making your 10%!!!! I'm so happy for you! That was a great loss you had last week and what a great job you did at the wedding. I'm glad you ended up having a good time.

Karen - Belated Happy Anniversary wishes! As for how long we've been posting here - I came on board in September of 1998 and you and Judy were already here, so it's been quite awhile. And here I sit with all this weight to lose yet. Oh well.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Well, I got up this morning and surprised the heck out of myself by weighing 254 on the scale! I know these big losses each week can't last (it's not healthy to lose more than 2 pounds a week, everyone knows), but I have to say it's really inspiring me to stick with it. All that Thai food I had yesterday and the glass of wine I had last night -- I really thought that stuff would show up on the scale today. I took a nice walk last night, though, to try to burn some of it off! I know it's more about how the whole week shakes out than about one meal or one walk, but I really didn't expect a 4-pound loss! Right now, I'm just trying to prepare myself for when it finally slows down or even plateaus, because that's when it takes hardcore dedication to stick with it!

That's why I'm glad I've found this board and I can come here and get inspired by all of you!

Judy -- sounds like you're doing great at the beach!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #8  

Karen - thanks! Good to "hear" from you.

Carla - Good for you for not snacking and for guzzling the water to flush the sodium out of your system! It sounds like a lovely weekend on the lake. Yes, we've (the three of us) been here for quite some time. If I'm wrong, just tell me, but I think I hear just a little bit of disappointment/self-flagellation/teeny pity party in your "voice". Here's the thing - we are ALL going to get the weight off and keep it off and the only way we are NOT going to suceed is if we stop trying. One of the things that helped me was staying after my meetings a few times to hear how my leader, Helene, told the newbies how it took her 7 years of trying to finally get the weight off (and keep it off). I've lost and gained back, lost and gained back, etc., just as we all have. I'm not there yet but for some reason this time seems different. What I think is different is that in the spring I realized that next March I am going to be 50 and I was giong to be (excuse the language) damned if I was going to be that weight, again, still, seemingly forever at 50. That, and this new WW program which was beta tested at my center (among others) where you look at the whole process as Eating, Moving and Thinking. The Eating and Moveing stuff was well put together but honestly, there wasn't much there that "got" to me. They had a whole thing on the "Thinking" part though and one of the behaviors that I found I needed to work on was "Learning from Experience". Somehow, reading/thinkiing about that has helped me. When I find myself starting to engage in the "oh just a little" type of behaviors, I have a better chance now of stopping myself because I know what that's gotten me in the past - back up on the scale. Listen my dear friend, email me or PM me your address. I want to send you some stuff, OK, including the behavior profile thing I took.

Lisa - way to go on that great loss! It is a great motivator and you'er right, the weight loss does slow down but I find that dealing with situations more successfully has become a great motivator too. Youare also right that one meal does not make a weight gain (although sodium can wreak havoc on the scale) but it's great that you toojk a good walk afterwards.

Today is our cloudy/maybe rainy day at the beach (actually it just started pouring). The rest of the week is supposed to be as spectacular as the last few though so it just makes it an even lazier day. Tony and I haven't managed to get on the tennis court but we signed up for the first slot tomorrow morning so I'll see what I'ma ble to do. I'm definitely going to take it easy 'cause my back has been a little grouchy since the wedding on Friday night. We are meeting friends tonight for dinner (her sister has a house in Montauk) - it might have been a day at the beach but the rain is saying no - we're going to a seafood place though so I just have to watch out for the drinks and bread. It's not walking weather either so after my PT stretches, maybe I'll see about getting in a little gentle yoga.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #9  

I'm down one pound and into my next points range. I made another seperate thread because my post here was becoming a novel.

Short version - I had a really stressful week and a horrible weekend of eating. This week isnt much better for stress because of my job.

One thing I did wrong is too much snacking. The weekend's we have my fiance's kids I get the boys a bag of chips. I'm not really tempted by potato chips or even bbq chips. Doritos are typically my downfall, but luckily, they contain milk so we can never have them. But my youngest wanted Sun Chips and the only bag they ahd available was the SUPER FAMILY size. UGH! I LOVE SunChips.. I mean, they arent QUITE as bad for you as some of the other chips, but they are def not good for you. I ate way too many this weekend.

But as of monday I've stopped. I havent touched the half-full bag since! So I'm on the right track this week. I've bought healthy foods to have the rest of the week for both lunch and dinners and some healthy snacks as well, so I should be off and running. I'm determined not to let this stress get me down to where I sabotage myself.

Hope everyone else has a good week.
Closed Thread