Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #1  
Back on Program!

Default Weigh in At Home 4/10-4/16

Starting the topic, will return.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #2  
Back on Program!

Talking Thanks to the stomach bug........

I am down 3lbs! I doubt it will stay gone, but if I can get back to exercising this week and REALLLY stick with the points, I have the chance to keep the scale down. I am still not feeling 100%, and now my youngest daughter has the bug. I feel like I'm in a leper colony--I have so much to do, need to get some shopping done including getting some new sneakers, but I have been trapped in this house either nursing a sick child or myself..............Tanya I know what you have been going thru!!
The good news is, it seems to last only 24 hours, so by tomorrow I should have some time to myself to get the errands done. And it's not like there is a shortage of housework that can keep me occupied......I am just a bit stir crazy! DH went back to the fire station today, so I am praying he doesn't get hit with this thing at work! It's nasty!

I hope all of you have wonderful weigh-ins this week and stay healthy! The big challenge for me will be avoiding the easter candy next week. But my kids like stuff besides chocolate, so as long as I get them the non-chocolates (except for the bunny of course!) I should be able to manage alright.
I'm just trying to keep my eye on the prize.....Hawaii. I really want to look fabulous and get some nice new sundresses for the trip.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning, and happy Monday, all!

Rachel, congratulations on your loss, and I hope your home is soon free of noxious GI bugs. Hawaii is a great motivator - I'm sure you'll look great in your sundress.

I'm down 3.5 today! Yay me! Gotta love the first two weeks OP...then reality sets in.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #4  

Rachel - congratulations on that awesome loss! Sorry to hear about the stomach flu at your house. I hope everyone is well and by tomorrow you can get out and about. Hawaii certainly is a good motivator.

Karen - Way to go on that awesome loss! Yup, the first few weeks are easier but I have faith that you will keep it up. I hope Mike is feeling better.

I did well at the restaurant - they had a lighter menu and even though what I wanted wasn't from that menu, I figured I'd ask to see if they could substitute whole wheat pasta for regular pasta and they could! That made my entree almost all core and made the whole meal much easier to manage. Yesterday I did 2 hours of gardening and boy,was I sore. I'm chaperoning at the school concert tonight so I FINALLY got up early (5:30) and did a yoga workout this morning. Tony and I are going to Applebee's for a quick bite - they have a WW menu so I should do fine tonight.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Rachel - Congrats on your loss, although a stomach bug is a heck of a way to get it. I hope you're feeling all better and are able to leave your house soon. That bug just keeps going around and around. Let's hope it's done with your household for good.

Karen - Congratulations on your loss too! All that clearing of the land is burning the calories, it seems. Good for you! I hope Mike is feeling better. And that it wasn't a bug that's going to bite you.

Judy - Congrats on your loss! You're going to see 15 pounds gone this time; I can feel it. Sounds like you did a great job at dinner on Saturday. Yay for you for getting up early to do your yoga!

I did not get much cleaning done this weekend, so I'll have to keep plugging away. I haven't gotten much of anything done. I feel like a piece of garbage today. Watery, heavy eyes, sore throat, etc. Ah well, I have to keep myself planted at this computer and typing away and some meeting notes from Friday.

Have a great evening everyone.

Carla
Old 04-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Hi all...

Just a quick check in.

Judy...hope you enjoyed dinner out last night. I hear you re being sore after gardening; it can be a real workout. Yay for you for getting out of bed to do a workout!

Carla, I hope you're feeling better today. It's miserable when you're sick. Hope the cleaning goes well...it's so much harder to do when you're not feeling well.

Tanya - haven't heard from you for a few days...I hope all is well with you.

I'm feeling grounded and motivated, and enjoyed 2 OP hot cross buns this morning for breakfast. I'm not buying Easter chocolate this year coz Jen is halfway round the world...and Mike's not a chocolate eater...so far I'm not having any trouble resisting. I work tomorrow and Thursday, and then am off for the long weekend.

Hope you're having a good day!

Karen
Old 04-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Karen - That grounded feeling is lovely, is it not? How does Jen like working in Korea? How much longer will she be there. I haven't bought any Easter candy at all yet and probably won't have a chance until Thursday evening or Friday. That definitely means no sampling ahead of time for me.

I'm feeling a bit better today. No sore throat to speak of, just a headache and some killer fatigue. I'll get past it. I'm determined to drag my sorry butt out of bed tomorrow morning and get on the stationary bike. Send motivating thoughts my way.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 04-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #8  

Hi All,

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I've had a very severe bout of PMS this week so I've been hibernating. I didn't weigh-in today as I've had such a bad week after my 1 good day at the start of the week and I'm certain I will have gained and didn't want to have to deal with the disappointment.

Rachel ~ Sorry to hear you've all been sick - WTG on the 3lbs. Hope you're all better soon.

Karen ~ WTG on the awesome loss.

Judy ~ WTG on the early morning workout and doing so well at the restaurant. I find it impossible to get out of bed early enough but I know I'd feel so much better if I did.

Carla ~ Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today. Loads of motivating thoughts for the bike tomorrow.

We're heading away tomorrow for the long weekend. Hope the weather's good but the change of scenery will be great anyway. Just hope I don't scoff too much chocolate, although I think I've had more than my fair share this week already. Have a great Easter everyone. Will catch up again next week.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #9  

I hope it's okay if I join in... I've done WW before and then had a kid so now I'm trying again at home. I'm on week three..weighing in every wednesday morning..

This morning/week I was down 1.5 lbs! Not as impressive as the first two weeks but I'll take it...
Old 04-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #10  

Carla – I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t feel well. That’s the last thing you need when you have company coming this weekend! Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. So, did you manage to get on the bike?

Karen – Good for you for enjoying your OP hot cross buns and not buying the chocolate. How is Jen doing? I’m sure you will enjoy the long weekend. Vacation starts for me in ½ hour (unpaid but still, it’s vacation!)

Tanya – I hear you on sometimes just not feeling like facing the scale. Enjoy the long weekend – and I hope the chocolate isn’t too much of a problem. Yeah, it felt great to get the workout done early but I haven’t been able to repeat the performance yet!

Angelofsighs – Welcome! Nope, the weigh-in after the first week or so are never as large – lots of water gets lost then. Still, you had a great loss – congratulations!

It was a very late night on Monday chaperoning the concert and when I got home, I was a bit wired, ended up snacking waaaay too much and did not get to bed until way too late. I was exhausted when I got home from work yesterday and gave myself a rest day. I’m going to do something when I get home today – maybe just take a walk outside or do a step workout. I’m planning on a hour long video tomorrow morning since I want to earn some AP’s for the seder. My sneak peek was awful this morning but my rings were very tight – I had a good day yesterday but had a WW frozen entrée for lunch (couldn’t deal with making lunch) which has a ton of sodium in it.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #11  
Back on Program!

Hello everyone!
Judy--sounds like you are doing great on core, it really seems to work for you.
I think that's great! Eating out is definitely the biggest challenge I face. Luckily we are saving money for this summer so we haven't been out too much.
Carla--hope you are feeling better! It's hard to do anything when you are feeling yucky.
Tanya--have a lovely weekend and get back on track when Monday rolls around. Sorry about your bad week, but we all know how you feel, we all have them!
Karen--you are doing great! Keep up the good work.
Emily--where are you??
Angel--welcome to the group!
Kelly Jo--in case you are lurking, we miss you!

My family is all finally feeling better. I have missed both shifts at the hospital this week because either I was sick or was taking care of the sick. I have to work on Saturday but everyone is better so it should be fine.
The stomach bug ruined all my plans for training for the 5K. Last evening I went around the neighborhood for 2 miles of walk/run. I really thought I would be able to run farther than I could! I am very disappointed in myself. At the gym I can go for 2.5 miles on the elliptical machine, but the high impact of running/jogging is so much harder. This morning I went to the gym with the intention of doing 5K on the treadmill, but once I was on there I just couldn't bring myself to run on the treadmill. I feel like I will fall.And I feel embarrassed! I know it's silly, nobody is looking at me, but still, I feel like they are and what will they think as I am jogging for 20 seconds and then have to stop?
I did my upper body weights after warming up on the treadmill, then some abs. I am going to try to run/walk the neighborhood again this afternoon. My legs are sore from yesterday and I feel drained. That stomach bug really zapped all our energy. But the 5K is in a week! I guess the important thing is just to finish it, even if I am last!!!! DH said he would stick with me, even if I am last...........(but he says I won't be)

Okay enough rambling, I have housework to do!
Old 04-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #12  

Wow, it sure is quiet here this week!

Rachel - I'm glad to hear that your family is feeling better. A stomach bug definitely saps your strength. Don't get down on yourself about the running - when I started training for the 5K, I had been very active with other kinds of activity - lots of cardio and strength - but when it came to running, I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds at a time! The only things that gets you running is to try to increase it a bit a little at a time. Unfortunately, you don't have a lot of time before the 5K - so just do what you can. Hey, if you run a few times this week, doing the run/walk, you'll do fine at the 5K and even if you have to walk most of it, it's still a victory! As for running on the treadmill, I always work up to running, slowly increasing the pace so I don't feel like I'll fall off. As for everyone looking at you - you are right - they're not - they're too busy sucking air!

We had a lovely seder on Thursday night at my mom's. I didn't do badly, better than I've been in the past. Also, it turns out that a lot of what my mom cooked was core, so I counted the points and used the APs I earned that morning. Of course, there was a lot of sodium and my rings were very tight on Friday and still a bit this morning. When I weighed in, I was up 0.6 but I'm really fine with it. Firstly, I have been up more after the holiday (although Passover is not over until next week). Secondly, in the past, I would have known I'd be up and would have skipped my meeting because I didn't want to face the scale. I almost did that this morning but decided that I'd be better off going - after all, THIS time IS different! I'm glad I did. It was a good meeting and gave me extra ooompphh to deal with the challenges of the next few days. We are going down to Atlantic City tomorrow and stying for two nights. I think I'll be OK in the restaurants and plan on doing some kind of activity - whether it's walking (the weather is supposed to be nice, just cooler than today when it hit 80!) or doing some yoga, or going to the fitness center and getting on an elliptical. I will have to work extra hard to make my goal for April though because so far, I've only lost 0.2 for the month. Tony and I just got back from playing tennis - first of the season - and it was quite a nice workout. I'm outside on the patio and it's a lovely Spring late afternoon. I've been on vacation since Thursday (and am off all next week) and it's been lovely so far. I did some cleaning up around the house that I've been wanting to do for a year now and will do some more (including my closets!) next week when we get back.

Have a Happy Easter, everyone!
Judy
Old 04-20-2006, 02:02 PM   #13  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

grr I'm up a pound, but my eating has been terrible, also tom...
More healthful choices starting tomorrow!
Closed Thread