Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in at Home 1/9 - 1/15

Hi all,

Welcome to a new week!

Judy - Thanks for posting the recipe. It sounds really good! 100 bulbs is a lot of planting, at least in my book. We're getting another warm spell here. Truth be told, I'd rather it be cold, but sunny. We saw the sun for a little bit Saturday and Sunday, but before that we went 14 straight days without sunshine. And in all of December we had sun for only 7 days. I'm with you on the shoe shopping. It used to be my last bastion - when clothes shopping got me down, there were always shoes. But now my feet are longer, wider and I have this high instep that makes find shoes to fit a nightmare. I had to go googgle Merrell shoes since I had never heard the name. I've seen the shoes before though and always thought they looked comfy.

rlc - As Karen said, I weigh in on Wednesdays too. Gives me more of a point cushion for the weekend.

Lcullifer - Welcome!

Karen - Less house does not mean more joy in cleaning, I'll give you that. My Danskos are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever had, and give me the best support. I can go for hours in them with no ankle or knee pain. I see why surgeons wear them. I'm awfully fond of Bierkenstocks too, although I haven't had a pair in awhile. That scone sounds awfully good. Was it?

We ended up eating dinner at my Mom's last night and had brats. I'm on my way over to the points tracker to journal it all. I probably used a few flex points. My ankle and knee feel better this morning. I may even try walking Ana to school if we have enough time.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 01-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #2  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Whew Carla, you are fast I'm glad to hear that your leg is feeling better. Mmmmm brats...were they good?

Ok, for me.....well, I faltered last week (ALOT) but will take the one lb I lost. I got up this am put on my sneakers and walked out the door for 25mins. I am proud of myself and find that if I exercise....I feel better and also helps me with my eating. I am trying to find that place I lost my way from in August. I will find it again.....the map is ingrained in my sneakers. teehee.
ok, have a great dayeveryone and I will check in later.
Good luck!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #3  

Welp last week was a bust. I did well, stayed OP . But the scale I was using well lets say that it was very, very wrong- so I dont know how much I lost. So I got a new scale from Walmart ( a very good one that I had to use the directions to figure out ) So my official beginning day was this past Saturday in which I weighed in at 230.5, so I will know on next Sat what is what. I didnt do too well yesterday my mother had a fish fry and Im sure I used over half of my flext pts on that meal. Oh well. I will maintain and do better this week.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:14 PM   #4  
Back on Program!

hello everyone
This weekend my husband broke down and said he does love me, misses me, wants to go to counseling and try to save our marriage. He opened up about his mother and all the anger he feels towards me, albeit displaced anger.
He says he will go to counseling too. I am hopeful but not convinced this is for real. He stayed with us all weekend. I am at work today.
I suggested the California trip as a family trip for Spring Break and he is thinking about it (if he still goes alone in Feb., then it will be over as far as I am concerned. But so far he has not bought the ticket).He said it's a good idea and he is thinking about it.
A part of me told me not to let him back in, to make him decide for sure this is what he wants, but I just love him so much, I let him stay. And I don't know if he is going to stay forever, I think he will go back to his sister's house tonight. But I talked to him this morning and he said he made a counseling appt. for Wed. this week. Now we just pray that he actually goes to it!
Whatever happens, I am much more at peace now. I know I will be okay either way,eventually, and that most of this is out of my control. My appetite is even coming back. Hopefully I won't gain back all this weight I've lost!
My marriage still has a long way to go if we are going to make it. But at least for today I have hope.
Take care everyone!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:25 PM   #5  

Kelly - Congrats on that one pound lost and for getting your sneakers on and getting out the door this morning!

Rachel - First of all, I'm glad you've found both some peace and your appetite. You're sounding much better. As much as your husband's actions have made me angry on your behalf, I feel for him, I really do. It sounds like he's just a mass of confusion and hurt right now. I think maybe he does need a separation right now to get his head together. But I agree with you, if he's serious about loving you and wanting to save your marriage, then he absolutely cannot do that trip in February alone. Good luck, Rachel. My sincere hope for the both of you is that this resolves itself for the best, whatever that turns out to be.

Carla
Old 01-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #6  
And where is the body?

Height: 5'7" - 170cm

Unhappy

Up 2.5
I had kind of a piggy week! I didn't have my usual snacks around so I ended up eating my brother's snacks (which have lots of points and sodium). Usually I don't have this "hungry hungry gimme gimme" stuff. Sometimes when I feel shaky I eat more than usual but since I've been doing WW I don't get the light-headed shakes . The weird thing is the binge attack. Yikes.

In the end, I had to not only buy snacks for myself, I bought snacks for my brother to replace the ones I ate!

I'd like to give feedback to ya all but most of you are either more better at this kind of stuff or else what's going on, I have nothing to contribute but :

(I'll try not to be so self centered me me me)
Old 01-09-2006, 03:24 PM   #7  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Down another 2 pounds this week. - go me!! I guess I just need to keep it up. But I must confess I am very nervous about hitting my goal. My goal is only 5 pounds away, but I may try to lost another 5 depending on how I feel.

My question is - how do you deal with not being on a 'diet' anymore?

I mean, yes this is definitely a lifestyle change but I can't remember a time when I haven't been concerned about gaining weight...always "getting back on the bandwagon" or always "starting over again on Monday"...is this normal?

Like - how do you keep motivated when the goal is already/almost there? I've set up rewards for myself once I reach my goal like some new clothes at my favorite store, etc...but what else can I do?

Moon - stay strong - try to drink more water this week - it's the easiest hard thing to do with WW.

Rachel - I hope that for the sake of your kids that your hubby follows through with the counseling - keep us posted!

Vegas - at least you bought a new scale - don't be too discouraged by the numbers - I regularly measure my waist and hips to help keep me grounded if the scale isn't agreeing with me

kelly - congrats on the one pound lost!

Carla - we've had nothing but 70's and 80's for the past week...a little rain would be wonderful right now!

Have a great day!

Old 01-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #8  
And where is the body?

Height: 5'7" - 170cm

Cool

Lucky: More water??? I drink a half gallon a day (literally. I love water). If I drink any more I'll splode!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:01 PM   #9  
PrestonsMama

S/C/G: 253/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie weighing in!

Last Monday: 208
Today: 205!

Hi I am new to this forum and so far I really like it! It has really helped to come here each day and see all of the support and advice.

A little about me...my name is Jen. I am a SAHM to one son, Preston. When he was born 7 months ago I weighed 253 lbs. I didn't start Weight Watchers until this past week though, most of the weight I gained during pregnancy came off pretty easily just by nursing and watching what I ate. I still need to lose 10 lbs. to reach my prepregnancy weight, although my ultimate goal is to get to 140 lbs. I didn't want to push it knowing I had to eat well for him while I was nursing, kwim? Preston is now weaned from nursing so I started WW last week and joined a gym at the beginning of the month and have been going as often as possible. I really enjoy going to the gym. It feels so good when I'm all done and it is an hour or two that I have a break from being a mommy. (the gym offers free daycare for two hours each day!) Prior to getting pg, I joined WW and lost 10 lbs. so I decided to give it a go again.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

TTYL,
Jen
Old 01-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

very quick "hi" tonight. Will be back tomorrow. Welcome Jen!
K
Old 01-10-2006, 06:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile

I am down 1.5 pounds this week.
I am having trouble staying OP since my Holiday munchiness, so each day tends to be a struggle but I am doing it. Now that I have the BIG incentive of the wedding I will do it!!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone. I am thrilled to announce my 5 lb. loss this first week doing WW at home. To be honest, I was unsure whether I could stick to it on my own, but glad to say that I did. Whoo-hoo!

It is so interesting to read about everyone's progress, no matter how much the loss was. We all go through the same temptations. We all go through the same guilt when we fall off the track. But the support is here and it's great. Thank you all.

Have a great week.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #13  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Moon - I was meaning that since you said you were snacking on a lot of high-sodium snacks, etc...more water may help it flush out of you faster.

I know what you mean about H20 though - I drank so much water yesterday that I peed 6 times from 4:00pm yesterday until 10pm!! At least if you feel you're having a bad day, the water can always make you feel good!!
Old 01-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #14  

Last week was my first week - this time. I have done WW in the past, but I have fallen off of the wagon. I lost six lbs last week, so I am am pleased with my progress so far.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #15  

Hi all.

Vegasgyrl - Sorry, I skipped right over your post before. It's a bummer when our scales go haywire, but a fresh start with a new scale is nice.

Moon- Sorry about the gain. Binges happen sometimes. It may be worth reflecting on what else was going on in your life. It may give you a clue into what caused the binge.

Emily - I've never been close enough to goal to worry about how to stay motivated, so I can't be of much help to you. I guess you have to do as always: take it a day at a time, do it whether you feel like it or not, etc.

Jen - Welcome and congrats on a great loss. It's great that your gym offers the daycare.

Kristie - Congrats on your loss! It can be so hard getting back on the wagon, especially after the holidays. How easily we slip into old habits.

Gypsyladie - Congrats on a great loss and on sticking with the program on your own!

Loser2B - Terrific first week loss! Welcome.

More grey skies here, and it's supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow. Meanwhile, I feel like I'm coming down with something. My head hurts, my eyes are watering, and my throat is scratchy. Yikes. On the plus side, today I will complete a full week of journaling and a full week on program. And now I think I'll take a nap.

Have a good evening.

Carla
Closed Thread