Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:05 AM   #1  
Back on Program!

Default Weigh in at Home 10/9-10/15

Starting the thread, will be back later!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 AM   #2  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

I am SOOOOO proud of you! You lost weight while on vacation! 201.5! You go girl! I hope your vacation was fun? I had a blast at the ball on Friday but was ready to get home to the boys. I have had fun while binging and not exercising for the past month but have gained six lbs. (some of that is water weight....I havent been drinking water and I am due for TOM any day now) I am starting anew today with my points and exercise (my DH will be starting today too) after a month of NOTHING....I will be doing this again. I have come too far to stop now and I want to wear cute sweaters this winter (in Norfolk) instead of baggy hiding ones lol. I am trying to read up this house to get it on the market BUT that is just starting to pile up on me. I have 17 different things going on (AND HERE I AM SITTING ON THE PUTER WRITING LOL) I will be back later......If I get a chance....if not I will be back tomorrow. I hope all are doing well! Keep up the great work!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #3  

Weigth this AM = 151
Started to exercise more. I am up to 3 mini walks a day. I couldn't find time for a 45 minute walk, so I broke it into 3 segments.
My son that went to college 3 weeks ago did not call home last night. Our plan was he would call us every Sunday. He is probably too busy to call. Oh well, maybe he will call next week.
kellyjoiii - It's nice that your husband is on WW with you. Mine is so skinny- he even weights LESS than when we were married. His idea of watching his weight is not have a 3rd helping.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #4  
Back on Program!

Kelly jo---You are so funny, I didn't lose while on vacation, just maintained. Remember at one point I was 198, I am still upset that I am back in the 2's again! And I didnt' get on the scale this morning---I forgot it was weigh in day until I got to work!! I was not very good on vacation foodwise, and I really have not completely gotten back on the wagon yet. It's so hard. I did get back to the gym yesterday though, and will go Wed and Thurs when I am not working. But I really have to get a handle and get back into the routine of sticking to my points. It works, I know it, I just have to DO IT! So do you, so let's get back on together!
Tomorrow I will get on the scale and report the damages.

Loralee, I am sure he will call. I can't imagine the worry when one leaves the nest!! Good for you for getting the exercise in, it makes a huge difference!

Talk to ya'll later!!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

I ate with abandon this weekend. I'm paying for it to...I feel soooo bloated!!! I'm still exercising at the YMCA three times a week, so that's a positive. I think my eating is stress related (ok, really fast food related), but I am having trouble putting my finger on these feelings of anger and anxiety. I used to journal; I'm toying with it again. Any of you journal and find it beneficial? I need to get myself out of this funk. BTW: I'm up three pounds since Friday.....I'm disappointed in myself.
Lynne
Old 10-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Just running in and out of the thread.

Rachel - Congrats for maintain after vacation. That's great, especially when biscuits and gravy are involved!

Kelly - I'm with you on a fresh start. The past few days haven't been pretty.

Loralee - Hope you hear from your son soon.

Lynne - I hear you about the eating with abandon.

I lost one of the three pounds I gained last week. Since I'm expecting my period any minute now and since the last few days involved cookies and chinese food, I'm glad for the pound. Back to points and carbs and being good today.

Have a great day all.

Carla
Old 10-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #7  
Back on Program!

Well I finally got the nerve to get back on the scale, and I am still hanging at 201. Better than gaining! Went to the gym this morning. Got really back on track with counting points and STAYING IN RANGE yesterday.
Everyone who saw my vacation photos said I am looking thinner, even those who don't know I am dieting (sent them via email to everyone, so lots haven't seen me). So that is motivation to keep it up! I just have to convince my stomach that it doesn't have to be stuffed all the time again.

Everyone try to stay strong......soon the holidays will be upon us! AAARGGGHHHH!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:12 PM   #8  

Running back in for a moment to wish Judy a blessed Yom Kippur.

Carla
Old 10-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #9  

My son called - he said he was at a bon fire at the university and forgot to call.

I am glad he called.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:19 PM   #10  

Default So happy to find this thread!

Hi everyone! I started WW Wednesday. I feel better just knowing i'm doing something about my extreme chubbiness!! I'm following the program from home,no meetings. I have all the stuff i need to follow the program because I've done WW before! So,I'm committed to lose atleast 60lbs!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #11  
Back on Program!

Exclamation New Strategy

Ok guys, I have decided to change my weigh in day to Saturday morining. It makes more sense since I am more likely to need my 35 flexpoints on the weekend. For example, I am going to a Bachelorette party tonight, we are meeting for dinner first. I will need the flexpoints!
So I got on the scale this morning and it said 199.6! Back into onederland! This time I hope it stays there.
I have to go get the kids dressed, I am taking them to the kids room at the gym this morning so I can get in a workout before trying to survive the Olive Garden tonight. Wish me luck!

Old 10-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #12  

Hi all.

Loralee - I'm glad you heard from your son.

Sweet2th - Welcome.

Rachel - Good luck tonight! Actually, I think that Olive Garden may be an easy place to manage points. Have fun!

We're going out tonight too. The PTO at Ana's school brings in a troupe from Second City as a fund raiser. There's an after-party with appetizers, pizza, etc. Luckily, we'll be eating dinner at home.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Carla
Old 10-15-2005, 09:06 PM   #13  

Kelly - good for you starting anew. That's how I feel today after the past week so I'm right there with you!

Loralee - glad to hear that you heard from your son. Way to go on the mini-walks! My back has been a little better the last few days and I hope to get back to my usual, more consistent exercise.

Rachel - Maintaining while on vacation is like losing, at least that's how I look at it - so way to go! And double way to go for being back in onederland! Isn't it great when people notice the progress you've made? I'm working towards that for when I see my family at Thanksgiving.

Lynne - well, I ate with abandon at my Mom's for the holidays so you are not alone. The important thing is to dust ourselves off and get right back on program.

Carla - thanks for the holiday wishes! Good for you for losing a pound - you know with the chinese food and TOM any minute, it's probably a bit more than that. Oooh, that outing with Second City sounds like fun! So how does a Cubbies fan feel about the White Sox?

Sweet2th - welcome! You've come to a good place - lots of great, supportive people here.

It's been a crazy week - I did not do so well this past week - the holidays always make it tough and we break fast with what we call "appetizing" - you can just call it sodium! Last week's weigh-in showed that I lost the 0.4 I had gained the previous week but thankfully, I couldn't get to my meeting this morning - I had the LAST New York State certification exam to take this morning. This one is actually for the Literacy certification. Nothing like a four hour test to start your morning. Anyway, I'm back to core as of today and feel better already. This past week I started my second student teaching placement (5th grade). I start teaching some of the lessons this past week (this week we only had school 3 days) and while I have prep to do tomorow, I'm not as nervous as I was a few weeks ago. I still have a plenty of work to do on my portfolio but basically gave myself the day off today after the test. I did nothing exercise wise today although I did some power yoga yeterday after work. I'm going to try to do some cardio to start my morning tomorrow before I start working.

Have a great one!
Judy
Closed Thread