Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in at Home 5/12- 5/18

Hi everyone.

I hope you all had good weekends. My was good and, I'm happy to report, OP. I didn't count points yesterday, but I had 40 to spend, so if I went over, it wasn't by much. I just got back a bit ago from my interview. I actually ended up interviewing for two different positions, so it was a tiring morning and I wasn't on the road back home until 12:45. Considering that breakfast this morning was early - 6:30, which is early for me, I was pretty hungry, but I resisted the temptation to stop at a fast food place. Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for lunch, so that will be a bit of a challenge, but I'll do the best I can.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 05-12-2003, 11:37 PM   #2  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

Carla - hope the interviews went well - they're a little nervewracking, aren't they. I can understand that you were tired after the two. Good for you for not giving in to the fast food temptations.

This weekend was okay...Friday Mike went out to look at a motorcycle and didn't get home till nearly midnight...I was waiting up for him and got bored, and so ended up making cinnamon rolls and of course sampling my wares. Mike bought the bike, so we picked it up Saturday, and by the time we did the transfer, insurance etc. etc, the day was pretty much done. I didn't get any of my planned things done, unfortunately. Mothers day was a write off for getting stuff done too, but we had grilled salmon and asparagus for dinner, so that was pretty okay. I did well foodwise for the rest of the w/e too.

I'm back to the gym tomorrow, I booked 3 x 1/2 hour sessions with my trainer, so I'm getting back on track a little at a time.

Hope you have a great day...

Karen
Old 05-13-2003, 09:44 AM   #3  

Carla - I hope the interviews went well. That's great that you interviewed for two positions. Good for you for not stopping at a fast food place for lunch!

Karen B - Sorry to hear about the cinnamon rolls - next day could you find a lower point recipe to bake? That way, when yousample the wares (which I always do) the damage won't be bad. Way to go on booking sessions with your pt at the gym!

I had an OK weekend. I didn't make my meeting on Saturday - I would have had to go weigh in at 7:15 am in order to pick up my sister and get into the city on time for the movie. I will go on Saturday for sure. I don't think I mentioned that my sister, Mom, Dad and I were asked if we could be extras in my cousin's son first movie. We all went in and ended up meeting my cousin (his mom) who came up from Philly to be another extra. Saturday was a lot of fun, both watching what goes into filming scenes in a movie as well as being an extra in a scene. I ended up having close-up "reaction shots" and got a lot of compliments both from my cousin's son (the writer and director) and some of the other actors/crew. I did OK at lunch - I skipped the chicken & meatloaf they had and had some veggies, rice and salad instead. Sunday was prep for the colonoscopy day. Let's just say that I ended the day clean as a whistle and my weight Monday morning was low - of course, that was a false number. The colonoscopy went well - no polyps - and it was great to be able to eat solid food again afterwards! I ate to my maximum yesterday and was tempted to snack more but didn't.

Have a great one!
163.6/155.6/135 (numbers from 3 weeks ago)
and 88/240 workouts
Old 05-13-2003, 10:42 AM   #4  

Hi all.

Karen - Those darn cinnamon rolls - they're evil. But it sounds like you had a good weekend otherwise. Do you like riding motorcycles? They scare me, so I won't go near them.

Judy - Being an extra in a movie - how exciting! Is your cousin's son in film school? Sounds like you did really well at lunch on Saturday. Good for you. Glad to hear the results of colonscopy showed everything was ok. Good for you for not snacking. I definitely would have been looking to reward myself with food after that.

The interviews did go well yesterday. We'll see. The manager who interviewed me for the second job, and was really interested in having me come back if the first group doesn't take me (he is just in the process of submitting the requisition for the job) mentioned 12-15 hour days and 30% travel and both John and I agree that I don't want to go down that path. So, I'm not going to close any doors, but that position looks less attractive to me. I ended up in a run-in with some pretzels and some left over b-day cake (we celebrated Ana's b-day with my family on Sunday), so I have to be extra good today. My sneek peak was bad, but I didn't get enough water the past couple of days and my rings are tight, so I'm sure it's water.

Take care.

Carla
Old 05-13-2003, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

I hosted a playgroup of 2 and 3 year olds last week and forgot to unplug the computer. Needless to say it took us quite a long time to try to locate things on the computer with all of the lovely new names and titles they some how managed to type in.

Carla, I am very impressed 2 interviews and doing really well on program. Drink tons of water and I am sure you will be back down in no time.

Karen, even with those evil cinnamon rolls (which were probably delicious) it sounds like you did pretty well. Is the motorcycle big enough for two? Way to go on getting back in with your trainer. Sorry about your Canucks

Judy, Being an extra in a movie how fun It sounds like you are doing really well. I can't wait to see your numbers next week.

I am reporting a maintain for last week, but this week isn't looking to good. The locally appliance/ JC Penney catalog store had a cookie contest this weekend. I heard about it at the last minute and decided to enter. The good news is I won a $100 gift certificate for JCPenney's, the bad news was they only needed 2 dozen cookies and I made 5 dozen. Now you can see why my weigh in will probably not be to hot this week. I am pleased about the $100 because JCPenneys carries the shirts and tights my daughter needs for her school uniform. Shopping for school in the fall just became a little cheaper.

Anne
194.5/185/140
Old 05-14-2003, 10:21 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Anne - good to hear from you. Congrats on the maintain, and on your $100 win! Darn those cookies! Darn those Canucks too! What a meltdown. Oh well, at least I'm spending part of the evenings working on papers for school instead of biting my nails in front of the TV!

Carla - Good for you for deciding you're not going to be spending 12-15 hours a day at work. Happy belated birthday to Ana! I can't believe she must be 5 now!

Judy - where do we line up for autographs? What a fun thing to do! You're right about the cinnamon rolls, but I don't think sanity was prevailing when I decided to bake at 10 pm on a Friday night. Oh well...

I went back to the gym yesterday! Had a pt session and was amazed that I've hardly lost any strength. I'm going this evening after dinner too, and then I have to spend the rest of the evening working on a paper that's due on the 16th. Eating was good yesterday, except for the snickers bar that jumped out of the vending machine at me as I walked by. There's nothing in the house to pack for lunch due to a severe lack of grocery shopping recently, so I'll have to plan something sensible and point friendly. Better go...time for work. Have a great day!
Old 05-14-2003, 11:33 AM   #7  

Carla - Yuck on that second job - you're right not to close any doors but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the first job. Sorry to hear about the run-in with the pretzels and b-day cake. Is the cake gone yet? If not, can you throw it out? I'm hoping your guzzling water will help with today's weigh in. Yes, my cousin's son did study film in college. He graduated a few years ago and has been working as an editor for Bill Moyer's pbs show so he's got his foot in the business, so to speak. Happy Birthday in advance to Ana - her birthday is on the 21st, right?

Anne - good to hear from you and congratulations on the maintain - always a victory! Congratulations on winning the cookie contest - can you give the rest away or at least put them where you may forget you have them?

Karen B - Sorry about the Canucks. I kow the feeling - it was like that last year in the World Series - I was bummed the Yankees lost but I found I had my evenings free again. Way to go for getting back to the gym. Darn those vending machines - they are evil. Good luck on the paper. Can Mike do a little point friendly shopping - that would help you a lot while you are writing the paper.

I had a good day yesterday - I sent out something like 10 resumes to local school districts for jobs as a teaching assistant - one was for an assistant in the computer room - I hope the job hasn't been filled yet and the Personnel Manager can see how perfect I'd be for it. Maybe having done all that yesterday toward my career change made it easier for me to end the day at my minimum. I just had some fruit and ff/sf jello last night. I also did a tought circuit training/aerobic tape yesterday. I went to the chiropractor for my mid-back and she checked out my ankle. It was out of alignment and after she adjusted it, my heel felt a lot better. I'm going to see her again on Saturday - in the meantime, she wants me to stretch it (yoga is OK) and not do any impact workouts (no step, treadmill). Tony and I *have* to put the bike together this weekend!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-14-2003, 02:19 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Anne - Congrats on your maintain last week and on winning that cookie contest! Now, put the rest of those cookies in the freezer!

Karen - I should have said we had an early celebration of Ana's b-day on Sunday. Judy's right - her b-day is the 21st. And yes, she will be 5. I can't believe it. Good for you for getting back to the gym. I know how hard it is to stay on program when your pantry, and fridge, is bare. Do you have any on-line grocery services where you are? While they don't really appeal to me (I want to touch and see what I'm buying, I guess), while you're busy with school using one might be worth the delivery expense.

Judy - Good for you for getting out all of those resumes. I think that's probably way you were able to eat at minimum. I think the feeling of taking control that sending out the resumes gave you spilled over to your eating. I'm glad your ankle is feeling better.

The good news is the cake is almost gone and I'm able to work what I want of it into my points. The bad news is that the water I'm carrying is most definitely not gone. The scale was up 5.4 pounds this morning. That's just ridiculous. I'm not even counting that weigh in or entering it into my weigh-in log. I know it's the water because my rings are so tight. So I'll keep guzzling and try to keep an even keel and not let that weigh-in and the rainy grey day we're having her get me down.

Take care.

Carla
Old 05-15-2003, 12:53 PM   #9  

Carla - sorry to hear about that gain - you are right - it's ricidculous. Forget it, guzzle and stick to the program and I know it will be wiped out. Is the weather better today - maybe you can get out for a walk.

I had a bad night last night - maybe it was because of the day at work I had. I had to sit in a class for 4 hours to talk about the new "career management framework" for me and those who report to me (who are all consultants!) - talk about a waste of time. Anyway, we had a fairly sodium laden dinner although it was low point (ff hotdogs) and then I snacked away my banked points (including but not limited to popcorn). My sneak peek was awful but my rings were tight so I know a lot of it is water. I'm going to do a strenth workout later, guzzle water and work towards seeing a loss on Saturday. Oh, and no snacking tonight except for fruit and maybe some lf cottage cheese!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-15-2003, 02:29 PM   #10  

Hi all.

Just the words "career management framework" make me crazy. I can't imagine what sitting in a 4 hour class to discuss it would do to me. I'm thinking it would drive me to wine. I'm sending you positive vibes for a snack-free night. Unfortunately our weather is not any better today. But I might try to get out for a walk anyway.

Yesterday was so-so for me. So far so good today. I was out of my Natural Oven bread and bagels, so I went to the store and stocked up. They have hamburger buns now too, so I bought a package along with some Lloyd's BBQ which was on sale (2 for 1). So now I'm set with a low-point meal when I don't feel like cooking. Tonight I'm trying a chicken pot pie recipe from WW's Hearty Meals cookbook. It sounds really good and it's only 7 points.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-16-2003, 10:03 AM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning,

Where has the week gone?? It always seems to be either Monday or Friday!

I agree about the career management framework thing...it wouldn't only drive me to wine, I'd pull a bottle and corkscrew out at the meeting and get started early!! Good for you for stocking up on Natural Ovens, Carla, and Judy, I hope your snacking was okay. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Today will be my third day at the gym this week, so that's progress. I finished and emailed a paper last night, so that gives me a free evening and weekend. It's a long weekend for us in Canada this weekend, so no work on Monday. I've made my grocery list (finally) so it's off to the grocery store after work. I've thought about having groceries delivered, but I actually don't mind grocery shopping. What I might do is get some organic produce delivered weekly. That would help...it always seems to be fruit and veggies that I run out of first.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 05-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #12  

Carla - Way to go on getting the fixin's for a low point meal when you don't feel like cooking. I've looked for Lloyd's BBQ for a while now and can't find it. I'm glad you can get it - that should keep the Colonel out of your house! I wish Natural Ovens still made their hot dog rolls. They were really filling and only 1 point. Yes, the career framework class was in the category of theater of the absurd. I get to take part 2 next Tuesday - all afternoon - aarrggghhh! It's good I couldn't care less - when (for our own edification) we had to jot down where we "wanted to be", I wrote "out the door"!

Karen - Way to go, girl on the gym and gettng that paper done! Is this a Memorial Day kind of 3 day weekend? I'm sure you'll relish the time off. LOL about the bottle and corkscrew - maybe I can sneak in a flask (just kidding!)

I had a good night last night - I gave myself a real talking to about snacking and ended up deciding to go down to the computer and try to find all the school districts on Long Island so I can send out more letters and resumes. I was down there most of the evening and it helped me not to snack. My sneak peek was OK this morning - not great but still a little bit of a loss - my goal is to be sure I don't blow that tonight. I've done that on Friday nights before and I *will not* make that mistake again. Sounds like I should get on the computer again tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Judy
Old 05-16-2003, 05:13 PM   #13  

Hi all.

Karen - Yay for three days at the gym! And for finishing your paper and having a three-day weekend. Relax and enjoy yourself. Having produce delivered sounds like a good idea. You're right - it's the fruits and veggies that are always gone first. Of course now the Farmer's Market's will be starting up. Yum.

Judy - LOL at where do you want to be - out the door. Sing it sister! What a great idea to use the computer to looke up school districts rather than snack. I'll be sendng vibes to you all night to stay on the PC and out of the kitchen!

I had an ok day yesterday and so far today. My tummy is a bit upset, so it should make "being good" easy enough. Monday I have a second interview at Citicards with the boss of the woman I interviewed with this week. So that's looking promising. Of course, I have mixed emotions. It would be gratifying to be wanted, but then I have to go back to work. And now that my return to work is a perhaps imminent possibility, John is having mixed feelings about it too. He's thinking about how life got easier with me at home and how it's about to get more difficult again. But as I told him, it's a job, not indentured servitude, so if we decide that having me at home is better than a second paycheck, I can stay at home again.

Have a great weekend.

Carla
Closed Thread