Old 08-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Weekend Woes

So I didn't track at all this weekend and managed to gain 2 pounds. I think I am going to start weighing on Tuesday rather than Monday morning. Also I really like Indian food and anything on the grill. How do you deal with tracking on the weekends when you tend to eat on a whim (hmmmm steak sounds good!) ?
wagfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean about weekend eating being done on a whim! I never know food wise what's going to happen those days. I do track over weekends just so I'm not surprised on Monday. And I think that would probably help the most so you really know how much you are eating. I have a nutrition app on my phone that I use so I can look up calories where ever I end up eating (and sometimes I just have to approximate, but at least it gives me some idea of where I am).

I also try to be extra good at the meals I can control (a really healthy breakfast for example) to minimize the net damage some weekend eating can do.
spetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275.6/264.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I weigh in on Thursdays. I feel like it gives me the most stability. Weekends can be really tough sometimes. I just make sure that I take my Food Points book and my journal EVERYWHERE I go, and update my WW spreadsheet on Google Docs every night, if not multiple times a day. (really, it's the only way I manage to keep on track is to have it super organized)
NightwingFanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/146.8/142

Height: 5' 7 1/2''

I find weighing in on Friday works the best for me. For the exact opposite reason that a lot of people make their WI on Monday. I want to be able to splurge, or not watch every bite that goes into my mouth on the weekend (I still track it). I want to be able to eat a boatload of salt if that is my whim. I don't drink as much water on the weekend, as I do during the week at work. So for me, Friday works best.

As far as tracking on the weekend goes, it's the same as any other day of the week. I am in the habit of tracking after meals anyway...I don't plan. Even when I wasn't on WW, I didn't plan my meals ahead of time, so that is normal for me. Tracking after the fact keeps my portion size down, because I mentally make sure that I am not going to go over the points I have left for the day.

Take a look at your ingrained habits...work with them. If you try to make too many changes to your daily habits and routines, you might have difficulties sticking to it.
trowter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

When I used to use a notebook and pen to track, I kept it with me in my purse & pocket no matter where I went. It followed me around the house, and every place I traveled like my life depended on it.

Now, I track online so I keep my phone with me and use the application no matter where I go.

Tracking isn't an option. I -forced- it into a habit to track what I was about to eat before I even took a bite.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightwingFanGirl View Post
I weigh in on Thursdays. I feel like it gives me the most stability. Weekends can be really tough sometimes. I just make sure that I take my Food Points book and my journal EVERYWHERE I go, and update my WW spreadsheet on Google Docs every night, if not multiple times a day. (really, it's the only way I manage to keep on track is to have it super organized)
I also weigh in on Thursdays. And on weekends, I always have a notebook in my bag so I can jot down what I eat "on a whim" and enter it into the online tracker at the end of the day. But honeslty, after 2 months + on WW, I have kind of fallen into a pattern for breakfast and lunch that I tend to follow even on weekends, so I more or less know how "bad" I can be at dinner and still be within my points range.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #7  
is on a mission.

S/C/G: 211/200/175

Height: 5'9"

I also weigh in on Fridays. My best behavior is on weekdays, and the scale almost always reflects that. On weekends, I do splurge, but I also keep track of my splurges so that I know I don't go over my weekly points (which, in my opinion, gives a surprising amount of leeway, anyway). I just plan my meals before I eat them. My partner and I usually go out to dinner on Saturday nights, and I always enter my meal into my tracker before I go. Even if the meal costs me over 30 points, I'm keeping myself accountable.
EMGL82 is offline   Reply With Quote