Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 09:10 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 10/29 - 11/4

Just starting the topic. Be right back
Old 10-29-2001, 09:31 AM   #2  

Just a quick note. I'm in a class Mon-Wed this week. I don't have any news to report since I stayed up too late last Friday night and slept in (didn't go to my meeting). I did well this weekend - I ate most of my banked points and the sneak peek was good yesterday.

Gotta go - time to listen to the instructor

Judy
Old 10-29-2001, 10:56 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone, hope you had a great OP weekend. Why don't we do an "At Home" challenge and just for today let's all stay on program. Reread the program and try to do just one thing that you haven't been doing on a regular basis, like exercise, eat all your veggies, dairy, or whatever it is you've been slack about. For me it's veggies, so I'm going to search the old threads for Judy's veggie pie and make it today. How about it gals, want to join me?
Old 10-29-2001, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Judy - Hope class is interesting and that you find it worthwhile. I'm glad to hear that you had a good weekend program-wise and that your sneak peek looks good. I'm sure next Saturday will bring you very welcome news at the scale.

Karen - You're on. Right now for me its staying within points. So many areas that need improvement - how do I choose. Well the killer for me the last few days has been not paying attention to staying within my points range. So that will be my challenge for today.

My weekend, like most of my weekends, was so-so. Definitely a pattern I have to break. I think I'll have to approach the weekends working on one aspect of the program, since I fall down on all of them. I also have to figure out what's up with my cycle of one good week followed by a couple of bad weeks. Right now I'm in good week mode, thankfully. Tomorrow I'll be at a meeting all day. I plan on having my breakfast before the meeting so I stay away from the monster bagels and muffins that they are sure to have. I'll make the best choices I can at lunch and then adjust dinner accordingly.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 10-29-2001, 11:26 PM   #5  

Judy - Glad to hear you did well over the weekend and your sneak peek was good. Keep it up and you'll have a good loss next week.

Karen - I'll work on that challenge tomorrow. How did you do today?

Carla - Good job making a plan to handle the meeting. I'm having the problem with weekends lately too. Definitely have to break that pattern. My sneak peek usually shows a loss on Friday and then I gain it back over the weekend.

I had another maintain this week. I was way off program all weekend and undid my good work of the week. I'm back on program now and plan on keeping it up through the weekend. It was too dark to walk when I got home from work, but I plan on getting out in the morning between taking Laura to school and leaving for work.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 10-30-2001, 10:53 AM   #6  

Karen - great idea. I think I'm going to concentrate on getting my milks in. Yesterday I had a couple of Viactivs to get my calcium since I ended the day without enough milk.

Carla - I know the good week /bad week cycle for me is usually my rewarding myself for changing my behavior by celebrating with food - which is going back to the "old" behavior! Good for you for planning how to deal with the food at the meeting - loved the term "monster bagels and muffins".

Pat - Way to go on the maintain - hey, it's better than a gain. Sorry to hear that the weekends have been tough for you. One thing I try to do even if I fall down food-wise is to get some good exercise in - that way I can earn some of the points I eat! It is a drag now that it is getting dark so early.

I had a good day yesterday but our dinner was very high in sodium so my rings are really tight this morning and don't even ask about the sneak peek. It was good though - Zatarain's Red Beans & Rice with some turkey kielbasa added to it. Very spicy, very satisfying - just not a meal to have the day before weigh-in. I didn't formally exercise yesterday - I did a lot more walking then usual (from Penn Station to the class and back) - but when I got home it was dark and my ankle was bothering me a bit. I think I'd better plan on some upper body weights or leg floorwork tonight - I can do them while I watch the Yankees (which hopefully will win a game tonight!) In the meantime, I'm trying to guzzle water today. I brought my lunch again today so I can control the points.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 10-30-2001, 11:29 PM   #7  

Judy - Keep guzzling the water and you'll be fine by weigh in. Hope your ankle is feeling better. I'll have to concentrate on getting in some good exercise on the weekends, especially since it will be harder to get out a lot during the week.

I got out for my walk this morning and have done pretty well with the food. Darrell did open the Halloween candy and I had a couple of the snack bars, but have put them back out of sight and won't get them out until tomorrow night!

Have a happy, safe Halloween.
Pat
Old 10-31-2001, 08:37 AM   #8  

Hmmm, pretty quiet around here so far this week.

Pat - way to go on getting out for the walk. That Halloween candy can be tough to have around. Good for you for putting them away.

I had a good day yesterday. I didn't do the upper body weights but I have had a bit of a walk from the train station to the class so I figured coming and going is my exercise for these 3 days. My ankle didn't bother me much last night but is touchy this morning. I think it may be related to my lack of stretching recently. Maybe it's coincidence but when I haven't stretched my hamstrings and calves it's been bothersome.

I guzzled a whole lot of water yesterday and my sneak peek was a lot better this morning. All in all, I've had a good week so far. I haven't banked many points but I haven't gone over either. I've been getting in all my milks even if that means having a Viactiv to make up for one. The funniest thing is that even though PMS is definitely here this week, I've been able to manage the cravings, both salty and sweet. The weirdest (and best thing) is that I haven't gone nuts with any of the chocolate candy (also, they have cookies for the afternoon break here and I haven't had a single one). I think planning to have one a day for a few days actually helped me to forget about them for a couple more (unbelievable, huh???) I've had a couple of the very mini Milky Ways for the past couple of days and that's all I've wanted. Of course the bags are in the basement so I don't walk by them all the time, but still, I'm amazed. Also, they have cookies for the afternoon break here and I haven't had a single one.

Anyway, the class is going to start soon. Have a great one!

Judy
Old 10-31-2001, 09:11 AM   #9  

Judy: Good for you! It sounds like you are very much in control, with all those tasty temptations around, you are exhibiting unbelievable willpower. I ope your ankle is better for the walk back after class tonight.

Pat, congrats ont he maintain and the exercise. Hopefully after tonight there won't be any sweet temptations to deal with.

Carla, you're doing great! Just take it one day at a time, keep up with the journal and move that body!

Okay, I DID IT!! 199.5 this morning, couldn't believe my eyes, I must have weighed five times to see if it would change. That's minus 3 pounds this week. WOOHOO!
Old 10-31-2001, 10:07 AM   #10  

Good Morning! I see everyone is doing pretty good this week.

Karen-WAY TO GO! 3 pounds that is great! I think my area of concentration this week will be to make sure I eat enough points on the nights I work out. I went to my first WW meeting Monday afternoon and that was brought to my attention. I was not eating even my low range because I was not home for dinner time, plus working out. I need to eat the high range of points on the nights I work out. Which is hard for me cause I am not hungry when I come home and I feel like I am force feeding myself. I have decided to start having a much larger lunch so all I have to do is have a salsa turkey sandwich when I get home, and of course a skinny cow.

Judy-Congrats on staying away from those cookies! I hope your ankle is feeling better soon.

Pat-Don't fret about a little halloween candy, we are bigger and stronger than they are. Just pop a little lite popcorn to keep out while handing out candy and munch on that instead.

Carla-I find the weekends are rough on me too. I have joined weekly meetings and made my weigh in day Mondays, I hope that helps me, knowing I have to weigh in on Monday at lunch time.

Well as I said I joined weekly meetings. I hope I can still post on this at home thread, but I needed to feel more accountable, plus I have so many questions that I was not finding the answers for online or at all the different websites. I weighed in at 179.6 fully dressed with TOM so it was not as bad as I thought is was going to be. I usually weigh first thing in the morning undressed so the .6 pounds was a pleasant surprise. I did however throw out my home scale. Total mind of its own, and never had a pleasant surprise.

If anyone is looking for a great 2 point snack, Pirate Booty. Health food section of grocery store. 1 oz is 2 points and it is a large serving. Tastes just like cheese curls, but better I think. THere is also veggie booty, have not tried those yet.

Anyway have a great day.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:15 AM   #11  

Hi Michele, of course you can post here and go to meetings. Whatever it takes! I don't go to meetings becasue I live way out in the country and my nearest meeting is 30 miles away. You're doing great! I found it hard to eat enough points myself, and one week when I was below minimum points consistently I gained 3 or 4 pounds. Bummer. I took a hint from Jennifa and added nuts to my diet, that way even if I'm not hungry I can get enough points to keep from going into starvation mode. LOVE those skinny cows, unfortunately I can't control myself so don't keep them in the house.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:38 PM   #12  

Judy - Way to go handling the candy and cookies. It seems to me I've read that getting in the calcium will help with PMS cravings. Glad to hear your ankle is feeling better.

Karen - Yahoo!! Way to go on the great loss and getting below 200.

Michele - Of course you can still post with us and go to meetings. In fact, Judy goes to meetings too. Let us know about any good ideas you hear about. Sounds like a good plan to eat a bigger lunch on days when you are working out.

I survived the Halloween candy. At first I thought we would have a lot left since we didn't get a lot of kids. Then Sara called from work and asked if I could bring them some candy since they had run out. I gladly packed up some of the candy and took it to her. Then Laura took the bowl of candy out to her friends and by the time she brought it back in there were only a couple of pieces left.

Okay everybody, we only have three weeks until Thanksgiving. I am making a fresh start tomorrow and plan on being down a couple of pounds by then.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 11-01-2001, 09:27 AM   #13  

Good Morning! I hope everyone survived the Halloween candy. I did pretty good, just one mini Hershey bar. I stayed within my points too. I did not get to Jazzercise last night but I did walk for 2 hours with my son trick or treating. It rained here but at least was not too cold. My son was a soccer ball and got many compliments, but I started to feel bad for him as the more it rained the heavier his costume got.

Our shower broke yest. morning so my husband had to take 1/2 day off of work to fix. Of course he had to tear down a closet wall to get to all the pipes. By the time he was done he did not feel like dealing with the trick or treating so he shut all lights off and slept. Now I am stuck not only with Bobby's candy but all the candy I bought. I wrapped it up and put it in the basement, hopefully out of sight out of mind.

I do have good Thanksgiving news though, we are going to Canada to visit my husbands parents. They do not celebrate Thanksgiving the same day as we do, so NO turkey dinner to have to worry about. It is the only time we both have 4 days off in a row and don't have to take vacations days to do it. A 6 hour ride is a lot to do in just a weekend! Not having to cook a turkey dinner or worry about the points of eating one sounds pretty good to me too.

Anyway, have a great day.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:45 AM   #14  

Pat and Michele, good job surviving the halloween candy! We don't get trick or treaters here, so I don't have to buy candy. I did survive the candy at the hair salon yesterday, big bowls of all sorts of chocolate everywhere. I knew they would have it, so ate a big breakfast just before I left for my appointment. That was a big victory for me. I'm doing great on the program, but have to continue to work on eating more veggies and at least minimum points. Pat, good luck with the "Thanksgiving Challenge". Michele, I'm with you, going to friend's house for steak so no temptation! With Las Vegas coming up next week, I have to focus on surviving the buffets, though. Michele, my sister's name is Michelle, so if I add an extra letter to your name, please forgive me.

Have a great day!
Old 11-01-2001, 10:04 AM   #15  

Pat-I am with you on the Thanksgiving Challenge! I was 179.6 on Monday that gives me 3 more weigh ins before Thanksgiving. I hope to lose at least 5 pounds by then. More would be better of course, but I will take what I get (lose). If I lose the 2 pounds per week that they say I should/could that would make 6. Ideally I would like to reach 170, but I know that is pushing it. I really want to make 160 (or less ) by Jan. 12th when we leave for our cruise. I wish you luck! We CAN do this.
Closed Thread