Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 1/15 - 1/21

Starting the topic - be right back
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #2  

Just a quick post - I still have some work to do before I can relax a bit but I needed a break!

Carla - congratulations on the Bears' win! While I'm not a football fan in general, I did keep asking Tony how the Bears were doing as I was rooting for your Bears. Only 29 more days 'till pitchers and catchers start! I think the wellness program with an exercise physiologist and a personalized 3-month workout plan is a great idea. Forget the strangers - some might become acquaintances or friends and if not, who cares? I think that especially with the arthritis being so troublesome, a medically oriented plan is a great idea and hopefully something that will improve how you are feeling so you can stick with it and not be in pain!

I had a pretty good day yesterday - lots of work and not a lot of exercise but Tony had an idea to go out to a local (and very good) fish restaurant which was great. It was easy to eat within points (or go a little over for the day) and it was a nice break. I have a little more work to do this morning and then I'm going to make some turkey chili and relax. Tony and I are both fighting off a cold.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 01-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #3  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey there.

Well, I went to the dr's today. It seems as one more thing is added to the miriad of crap I have already. My blood pressure is up and has been for a couple of appts. now. I am now on blood pressure meds as well as everything else. This is it for me. I am going to a meeting with my mom this week (she is coming into town) and this really helps me to stick to my change now. I am now in it to win it. Thanks for listening girls!
kellyjoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Judy - Thanks for rooting for our Bears! It was a pretty exciting game to watch, since it was so close. Next week the Saints, who are pretty much the sentimental favorites of the whole world. We'll see. Enjoy your chili!

Kelly - Meds are a bummer, that's for sure. My goal is to get off of mine. What did your dr. put you on? I'm on a beta blocker - Toprol, as well as a diuretic - Lisinopril HTCZ.

Had a pretty good weekend. We did have some pizza (frozen) yesterday as well as some tortilla chips and homemade salsa and guacamole, but that was about it. I didn't overdo it at all, so I'm pretty pleased. I didn't even enjoy a nice cold beer while watching the game, although next week I think I will indulge in one. We got our snow last night and it didn't add up to much at all, so our winter storm wasn't so stormy. And now off to figure out what I'll make for dinner tonight. Probably stir-fried veggies and some egg rolls from Trader Joe's.

Have a great day.

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Hi All! It was a good week, I finally broke the 217 plateau and hit 214. I was so happy to finally get past that, I've not hit a wall like that since I started. So, down three pounds for the week and remotivated to get into ONEderland! Best of luck to everyone! Congratulations to the losers and hugs to those that are struggling!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #6  

Oh - - and Cece, congrats on the Bears' win! I am a huge Colts fan and I have been hoping for a Bears v. Colts Superbowl all year. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on all the losses, everyone, and especially to you, Mom2Q, for breaking that plateau!! I'm at 214 now too, after losing one pound this week, so we're on the journey to Onederland together!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys congrats to everyone who has lost weight this week. I am stuck I guess at 169, though I have not been faithful op, my new goal is to be in the 150's by my birthday in march we will see if I make it I hope so. Have a great week everyone.

l&dnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #9  

Congrats to you too Lisa! ONEderland here we come! I'm going to leave the goal of getting there for Valentine's Day, but I'm shooting more for by the end of February now. I don't really think that there is anything more that I can do at this point and that if I just keep chugging along in a healthy way it will happen in its own time.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/215.4/200

Height: 6'0

Hello...
Congrats to the losers and those who broke a plateau. I tried that new way of counting points based on the new book. The pts went up from 26 to 29 and when I ate higher everyday I teetered on the same lb but now that I have dropped down to 24-26 pts it dropped below. I think I will go by the old way. lol

Anybody else freezing? It was 14 when we got up this morning and right now its 25 I have no idea what the windchill is. My elderly neighbor came over to give the kids a ski lesson down our driveway, he speaks polish mainly and trying to tell him it was too cold didn't work. The kids weren't too happy with me and only one was able to ski which only lasted about 15 min. and I froze my buns off out there. I am fighting the craving for the hot cocoa...I wonder if I have any tea left. lol

Eating is going really well for me...no more friend chicken for me. lol I am just trying to hold on to my loss so far until I weigh in early Thursday or Friday. I am actually looking forward to my first weigh in I just hope the scale there is as happy to greet me. lol

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Mels4Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 AM   #11  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Default I am.....

So suporrted here just by listening to others. The Drs appt has worked for me. How can I be hypocrite about my mom (who just now started doing something about her weight after stints were put in...and being diagnosed with heart disease) and not do something baout it myself.
The dr put me on dyzamine? I think.
It seems to be working....and the scale is going down.....I am so stoked. Today is a new day and I am not resigned to making better choices. You girls are great. Have a great day!! Stay OP!!
kellyjoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new- started January 8. My goal is 54 lbs
I know I need to take one step at a time and set small goals
Thank you Judy for welcoming me. I am also from Long Island.
I lost 5.5 lbs my first week so I am pleased with my start. I need to incorporate more exercise. I will. Good luck to all and a happy and heathier
new us for the New Year.

Ann
ant1464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/182/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi

I am going to weight in here sat afternoon, but the going is real slow right now. I need to kick up some exercise. For breakfast it has been an apple, a clementine (small orange), chopped up small, 1 WW vanilla yogurt mixed in, 1/2 crunchy cereal, maybe some walnuts. The weight loss is real slow, but one night I even had steamed brocoli and cauliflower for dinner. I have a huge water weight retension, and with increased fiber intake, major gas pains!
badmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:38 AM   #14  

I typed a whole post yesterday, respondning to everyone and thought I posted it but when I looked last night it was gone. I'll try again tonight since it might have been because I was at work (?)

Judy
Old 01-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Mom2 - Congrats on breaking your plateau and on having a terrific loss!

Lisa - Congrats on your loss too!

l&dnurse - Sorry to hear you're stuck. Put a few good days where you're completely faithful to the program under your belt and I bet you unstick yourself! Hang in there - you can do it.

Melissa - It's been cold here to, although yesterday it warmed up to the
20s. While that's a typical January in Chicago, it's a bit hard to get used to after the mild winter we've had so far.

Kelly - Glad the visit to the dr. and the meds helped.

Ann - Welcome and congratulations on a great loss!

Jenny - Slow weight loss can be frustrating, but it's the best way to lose. Hang in there.

Judy - Don't you hate it when you lose a post. Those low JetBlue fares from O'Hare to JFK are starting to really tempt me....

I'm up .04 for the week, but I was retaining water like crazy for some reason, so I'm not sweating it. I know it will be gone and then some next week. It's been a long week - Ana's been home sick all week. She was off for MLK's birthday on Monday, had a ton of fun playing outside and then started running a fever Monday night. She still has the fever, although her sore throat is gone and her cough and diarrhea are better, so she's on the mend. Had her to the doctor yesterday and they said it just has to run it's course. I was just glad she didn't have strep throat. I've been housebound most of the week, so I'm going a bit stir crazy. I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow.

Have a great evening and a terrific weekend.

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote