WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 08:56 PM   #1  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Default Need Help~Critique Menu~Still Feeling Hunger

I need some help. I am still hungry after 2 weeks of being faithful to my WW plan. I am hungry alot even after eating or soon after. I try to reach my 30 pts but sometimes dont. Can someone critique my menu & tell me what to do to feel fuller longer & oomph up to my 30 pts ?

Day 1

Breakfast:
WW Cereal w/2%milk, serving of strawberries 5.6
Lunch:
Salad w/Veggies & Dressing,1 slice chs 9.6
& 1 egg cut up
Dinner:
Chicken cooked w/lemon juice, & steamed broccoli 4.5

Snacks: (spread throughout the day)
1-100 calorie pack, 1 cup of watermelon,1 Pudding cup,
1 cup grapes,slice of WW bread, 24 Teddy Grahams,
1 WW Fudge Bar 9.2

Total Points=26.1
Water Intake 62 oz
2 miles on bike

Day 2
Breakfast:
Cereal w/milk, banana 6.3
Lunch:
Veggies w/Dressing, Teddy Grahams 3.9
Dinner:
Chicken w/lemon juice, onions, steamed broccoli 5.3

Snacks:
100 Cal Pack, WW Yogurt, Pudding Cup,Cup of cantaloupe
peanut butter sandwich (on WW bread)WW Fudge Bar
Total Points=28.8
Water 62 oz
Day of Rest No Exercise

My snacks I spread evenly throughout the day so I'm eating I think about every 2 hours or when I get hungry.

Last edited by abnrmlisme; 04-20-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I would suggest you eat more veggies all thru the day. Most are 0 pts and can fill you up too.

From what I read on your food sample seems like you may have some high fat/high pt food in there. For example

"Salad w/Veggies & Dressing,1 slice chs 9.6
& 1 egg cut up"

Considering the veggies have 0 pts, the egg has 2 pts, you have 7.6 pts between the dressing and the cheese. 1 oz of reduced fat cheese is 2 pts, regular cheese is 3 pts per oz. So your dressing is 5.6 pts! Look into lower fat alternatives or ff ones.

Sometimes fiber is what makes you feel satisfied longer. And look for lower point alternatives to what you like, like dressing, cheese, milk, etc.

WW has a great "0" pt veggie soup. It's really good and very filling.

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:11 AM   #3  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Actually I eat regular cheese to get my fat/protein in..I cut up the egg to add to my salad to make it seem more filling & the dressing is only like 2.7 points (from my understanding) its Kraft Light Done Right...I'm still getting the hang of points & when I first started I barely hit the 20 pt mark and someone told me to add higher pt stuff so I could reach my 30...Right now Im getting 4 servings of veggies a day..How many do I need ? I feel like I'm eating all the time but my tummy thinks otherwise
Also I dont want to eat things that are 0 in pts bc I need a few more pts in my day to hit the 30 pt range..Unless I eat the soup to stay full...Hmmm I'll have to try it out...I'm not really much of a soup person...
Old 04-21-2006, 01:46 AM   #4  
Determined

Just a suggestion - maybe sprinkle some olive oil on the salad to get your fat and use 2% cheese. While cheese is great for protein and calcium it provides the most unhealthy kind of fat (besides trans) when in it's full fat form because of the saturated fat content. I agree with sticking more veggies and maybe more protein. I'm not on WW but I would think maybe sliced turkey in your salad wouldn't add many points? How are you losing? Are you doing well?
Old 04-21-2006, 06:56 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

HappyDaisy is right, try adding more good fats, more lean protein, and more veggies.

If you're not a soup person try raw veggies with low fat dressing or hummus. I have a good recipe for hummus if you want it, and if you like it.

Play around with different food to find out what makes you feel satisfied. I don't watch carbs at all but I've noticed that some veggies w/hummus make me feel more satisfied that graham crackers or low fat chips.

Nuts are good too, but be careful, they are high in pts. But again, they have good fat and can make you feel satisfied.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Here's a link from this site to some sample WW menus. They look pretty filling and well within your point range.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weightwatc...mple-menus.php
Closed Thread