WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:22 PM   #1  

Question Point Calculation

Hi all. I have a question I hope you can help me with. I am doing weightwatchers flex points but I am not sure how to calculate the following:

If I have a single serving of a whole grain Sandwich Pocket (80 Cal, 1g fat, 4g fiber)this equals 1 point. Now lets say I have two pockets? Is it two points? Or do I double the calories and the fat (160 cal, 2g fat and 4g fiber) which would make it 3 points. Also, if an item was 2g fiber, and if I had two items, would I double the fiber to be 4g since I am eating two? Please help!!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

I think it's a matter of choice, really. I always double the calorie info, etc and calculate that way. I don't know if it's right - it's just the way I do it.

Very good question! I think I will bring it up at my meeting next Tuesay and see what the meeting leader has to say about it. I'll be interested in reading the other replies you get.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I just double the points.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

The point is to be consistent with the way you do it each and every time.

W/W prefers you to double the cal/fat/fiber and then figure points when you eat more than 1 serving AT THE SAME TIME.

Personally I have tried just for an experimental purpose done it both ways on the same days (several times) and come within 1 point each way.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #5  

I always just doubled the points but my leader said you really should double all the calories/fiber/fat then calculate points to be accurate. Sometimes it does add an extra point
Old 04-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

And sometimes it takes a point off!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

I asked that very same question at a meeting not too long ago and I was told that you should figure it up both ways and the one that is highest is the one that you should use... not the answer I was looking for but that is what the leader said.

I however just figure it up by portion and take it from there.

Princess
Closed Thread