WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 06:58 AM   #16  

Thanks so much for the Ranch Dressing recipe. I will try it tomorrow. So far I have several bottles of dressing in my refrigerator that are just taking up space now and I'm not really liking their taste. I am a creamy dressing lover so maybe this will fill the void....Thanks again friends for sharing ideas.
Old 02-14-2001, 11:37 AM   #17  

Raspberry Vinagrette--any brand. It took me a while to get used to, now it is all I use. To help get a little more "oomph" in my salad, I crumble just a little bit of feta cheese. It adds so much flavor without a lot of fat.
Old 02-26-2001, 07:23 AM   #18  

Jules: Is Salsa Ranch a dressing that you buy or is it something that you mix together yourself? If you mix your own, what brands do you use? It does sound yummy.
Old 02-26-2001, 09:35 PM   #19  

Bankerkg,
I have a friend that orders 1/2 blue cheese and 1/2 italian dressing all the time. Sounded yucky to me, but them I tried it. Although I like all kinds of dressings, it never occurred to me to combine dressings!
Maybe you could try some of these combining tricks to use up the dressings you have in the fridge. (I did that with FF tarter sauce I bought and didn't like, but was too cheap to throw away. Added reg may to it 1/2 and 1/2 and although I had to start counting the fat, that "fixed" the taste.) Since you said you like creamy, maybe adding buttermilk, cottage cheese, yogurt or mayo to the dressings you have would "fix" them. Love to know if you find some combos that work since we all have those "flops" in the fridge we don't want to eat, but don't want to throw away either.
Paige

[This message has been edited by Parsp (edited 02-26-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 09:20 AM   #20  

Paige......what a great idea.....I will experiment and advise....
Old 03-01-2001, 10:17 PM   #21  
PartyAnimal&ComputerNerd

J.J.'s Grandma,

I have never "technically" made my own at home. Some of the restaurants around me offer the dressing. If they don't, I ask for a cup of their salsa and a cup of light ranch dressing, and mix and put on my salad. It laso makes a great dip for just about anything!

I have heard from a friend of mine, that if you make it at home, you really should use homemade salsa. I know around here, I can find fresh salsa in the deli section at my grocery store. I am sure something like that would work just fine.

Julie
Old 03-02-2001, 05:12 AM   #22  

I've been using the Lawry's stir fry sauces as salad dressing. There are ginger, herb & roast garlic, lemon basil and sweet & spicy (my favorite right now). They are 10 - 25 points per tablespoon, fat free, and strong enough I use just a fraction of what I use in regular salad dressings. I find them in the asian cooking section of my grocery store.
Old 03-05-2001, 12:29 PM   #23  

One more recommendation and I hope you can get it.

Paul Newman makes a Lite Italian dressing the best, not sweet at all. It is one point for 2 tablespoons. I am always checking the label to see if I am right. It has so much flavor, I use only one table spoon, I hope you can get it in your area.

Liza
Old 03-09-2001, 06:17 PM   #24  

For a regular salad I like the Nanko seasoned vinegars - any flavor.

For a quasi-taco salad, I use a mixture of salsa and FF sour cream. I also add 1/2 cup of warmed up beans - usually S&W Santa Fe flavor or Caribbean Black Beans - and voila, a Mexican lunch. Add a warmed lf or ff tortilla and it's still very low points.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:41 PM   #25  

Default Salad Dressing

My absolute all-time delicious favorite is Ken's Steak House LITE Raspberry Walnut Vingrette. On the Weight Watchers Program it is one tablespoon for one point. It's really wonderful and that's the only dressing I've been using for awhile now. I'm from PA...so I don't know if Ken's is available everywhere. I wasn't able to find it on a recent trip to Arizona.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:00 PM   #26  

Anyone have a recipe for raspberry zinfandel dressing? They have this at work and get it from a restaurant supply store so I can't get it there. I can't find it in any regular stores so maybe someone could share a recipe. I love this dressing.

Brenda
Old 03-14-2001, 09:32 PM   #27  

Default Salad Dressing ...2 points per CUP!

Hi!
I'm new here, I've looked around a lot, but had to go off line, register and go online again just so that I could share this wonderful salad dressing recipe with you!

I didn't come up with it, but I've made it, and it's great. Hope you like it.

Chris

Note: I double the recipe and use the whole package Hidden Valley Ranch
2 PTS. PER CUP RANCH DRESSING OR DIP

1/2 of a 1-oz. packet of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (dry mix)
1 TB vinegar (less or more depending on how tart you like)
1/2 cup water
2 TB Kraft Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese
1/4 tsp garlic salt (OR 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
15 Pringles fat-free, sour-cream-and-onion flavor potato crisps

Put all of the ingredients into an electric blender and blend on high speed until very smooth. Serve immediately, or let sit 10 minutes to thicken more. Refrigerate after using.

Yield: 1 cup of dressing or dip; 2 points per cup!!!

Point calculation:

Ranch dressing mix: 40 cal, 0 gm fat, 0 gm fiber
Vinegar: 0 cal, 0 gm fat, 0 gm fiber
Fat-free cream cheese: 30 cal, 0 gm fat, 0 gm fiber
Fat-free Pringles: 70 cal, 0 gm fat, 2 gm fiber

Entire recipe: 140 cal, 0 gm fat, 2 gm fiber
Old 03-21-2001, 07:57 PM   #28  

I love most of Kens light dressings

Light Balsalmic and basil vinegrette
Light Ceasar
Light Creamy Parmesean
Light Northern Italian
Old 03-22-2001, 12:48 PM   #29  

My favorite is the Good Season's Fat Free Italian. You mix it with just vinegar and water (I use balsamic), and it's delish!
Old 03-23-2001, 08:30 AM   #30  
Domestic Goddess

Kelly S--you posted a link to a Honey Mustard dressing (I love honey mustard dressing!) but it doesn't work anymore! Can I get that recipe from you? Pretty please? I just did a search on "Honey Mustard salad dressing" and came up with two that you've posted--one with only 3 ingredients, the other with at least twice that many. Which is the one you really like? Thanks!
Closed Thread