WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2001, 11:22 PM   #1  

We will be going to the mexican cafe On The Border for my aunt's b-day tonight.I've looked on dotties site and this restaurant's not on there...but i went to the restaurant's site and got the menu. Could someone tell me how many points they think are in the following meals? Pllleeeaaasssee help. thank you so much!

GRANDE TACO SALAD- mixed greens,black beans,corn, guacamole, sour cream,pico de gallo,and mixed cheeses with your choice of spicy chicken or taco meat. Served in a tortilla shell.

CHICKEN FIESTA SALAD- Grilled chicken on a bed of fresh greens tossed with bacon, corn, black beans, and chipotle-honey mustard dressing. Served on top of a cheese tortilla crisp.

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS- with sour cream sauce.

SOFT TACO- beef or chicken.

CHICKEN BURRITO- Stuffed with spicy chicken, pico de gallo and jack cheese. Topped with sour cream sauce and served with Mexican rice and refried beans.

PS- Do you think the meals (which ones?) would be 16 points or under?
Thank you once again!
-daisy
Old 02-04-2001, 03:58 AM   #2  
bc1

I don't know the points for sure but your best best would probably be the Chicken Fiesta salad with the dressing on the side, no bacon and no crispy, cheesy tortilla, maybe ask if you could have just warm tortilla (not fried) on the side. The chicken, salad, corn and beans should all be pretty low in points. Another option is to order a soft taco and a side of beans or rice or if they have black bean soup (many mexican restaurants do) it is delicious and filling. I hope this helps you somewhat.
Old 02-04-2001, 04:17 AM   #3  

When I go to On The Border, I order veggie fajitas. I really like them. I don't use the sour cream/cheese. I'm not sure of the points on the other things. You'll have to estimate when you see the portions.

------------------
Dianne
Lifetime!!
Old 02-05-2001, 03:18 AM   #4  

I ended up at an On the Border restaurant yesterday(we were visiting friends down in Tucson and I'd actually already eaten my lunch by the time we met up at them. The restaurant was of their choosing). Knowing I had to eat dinner out too, I really, really wanted something with next to nothing points. My experience?? First,they were out of bottled water (a biggie for me). Next, when I asked about LF or NF salad dressing, the waiter said "nope," then when I asked if I could have the tortilla soup plain (that was their only soup, no black bean unfortunately), the waiter said no, he was unable to order it without the cheese, chips, etc.; they couldn't make it plain. When I explained that I was eating healthy, he suggested some plain tortillas with butter!!! I ended up sitting there while everyone else ate, but the longer I sat there, the better I felt about myself because I wasn't hungry anyway. And if I were, I wouldn't go back to On the Border! Yuck...a gross experience!!!!

[This message has been edited by Vada (edited 02-04-2001).]
Old 02-05-2001, 08:36 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

I would have asked to see the manager. I've eaten at one of the two At The Border restaurants here in Tucson and have always gotten food fixed the exact way I wanted it. Don't put up with a "possibly" new waiter/waitress if they say it can't be done...ask for the manager. Stand up for yourself. If the manager then refuses politely say, "if you can't accomodate my needs then I won't be dining here anymore."
Old 02-05-2001, 09:36 PM   #6  
PartyAnimal&ComputerNerd

I love On The Border. I love their food. My favorites are the Portobello Fajita Salad with Salsa for salad dressing, and Shrimp or Portobello Fajitas. With the fajitas, I get black beans instead of refried, and then I usually only make 1 fajita (use only one tortilla), and then just eat the rest of the stuff with a fork. Really quite low in points if you think about it. They have a good amount of veggies in their fajitas. Yummy! Sorry to hear Vada that you had a bad experience there.
Old 02-05-2001, 10:25 PM   #7  

We eat at On the Border a lot. DH usually gets the fajitas-- not sure how he counts the points. I usually stick with the sizzling mesquite chicken, and ask for it without cheese. I count the entire entree as 10 points, but usually only eat half and take home half for lunch the next day.
Old 02-05-2001, 10:33 PM   #8  
Is is spring yet??

I absolutely LOVE "On the Border". We only have one around me - but we go 1 time per month. I get the chicken fajitas and they are the BEST!! I count them like the WW Book tells you to - and I have no problems. Be careful of the chips and salsa - that stuff is so good I could EAT IT ALL!!! But I don't!!

Tara

------------------
[email protected]

Failure is not falling down, failure is staying down!
Closed Thread