WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 05-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default Activity Points vs. Calories

Hello, all! So, I've been doing classes at the gym--spin and a weight lifting class. I always wear my heart rate monitor when I work out, which also tells me how many calories I've burned. For these 45-60 minute classes, I always burn roughly 500-600 calories. I always wonder about how many activity points that would equal. Any ideas? I just have a harder time determining how many points to put for these classes versus doing an activity like walking or the elliptical or something. TIA!
shannette22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:06 PM   #2  

It sort of depends on what you eat normally... not all points are created EXACTLY equal, but I've done the math and points usually come out to about 35-40 calories.

That being said.... I freakin' HATE activity points. I never eat them because the idea of eating what I've just burned off seems absurd to me so they just sit up there... staring at me! Haha! I have my Jawbone UP2 connected to WW so they pop up for me automatically. The only reason I even want to see them is in case I happen to use all my weeklies some time and desperately need a snack.
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I just plugged in 45 minutes of spinning into the activity pts calculator on WW mobile and it gave me 9 pts... Which is in the ballpark of what I would estimate for myself if I were wearing a HRM and burned around 500 calories or so...

That being said... I have a Fitbit that I have linked to WW, so I just let those get automatically tracked and I don't bother to add in any others from other activity, because I don't eat back activity points... I've been trying to stick as best I can to my daily pts target and not dip too deeply into my weekly's, which so far has been working for some pretty good losses for me each week...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote