WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 01:55 PM   #1  

Question McDonald's French Fries

According to WW, small french fries are 5 points. My question is what constitutes small? Is it the adult size small or the Happy Meal size small? To be on the safe side, I got the Happy Meal size. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2002, 03:47 PM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

Are there really 2 different size smalls? I never knew that - it must be a new thing!

I would say its the Happy Meal small -- that is the original small that I know of anyway.

Tara
Old 01-31-2002, 08:17 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Why not check the facts before you give false information:

From www.mcdonalds.com:

Small French Fries (from the regular menu) cal: 210; fat: 10; Fiber: Not listed. 5 Points.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:19 AM   #4  

Kelly,
Thanks for that useful link. I appreciate their listing the chicken sandwich both with and without mayo. I wish it was possible to get a full breakdown on various fast food places so you could work out stuff like "bean burrito with NO cheese."

But I did note there was only one size small fries listed--so it doesn't really answer the question of whether the data apply to the size you get in a Happy Meal or some other presentation of fries. I also thought, like Tara, there was just one small, and that's what they put in the Happy Meal.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:37 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Most of the happy meals have a smaller size fry but it is only is only a few grams difference. They used to have the whole happy meal nutritional info I thought it was still there.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:00 PM   #6  

Maybe this has changed (or maybe it differs from place to place), but the fries in our Happy Meals (as of a few years ago) were the same size as the regular small fries.

I know this because our local McDonald's allowed us to have a fund-raiser. We worked behind the counter with them as volunteers on a slow night (I think it was a Wednesday), and they gave us a percentage of their sales (I think it was like 10%). It worked out great for both McDonalds and the school. We raised funds for playground equipment, Mcdonald's had huge sales on a typically slow night and the kids got a big kick out or seeing their teachers, principal and parents working at McD's

Anyway, back to the point here: One of my "jobs" was filling Happy Meal and french fry orders.

Jane
Old 02-03-2002, 04:48 PM   #7  
Is is spring yet??

Kelly - Nobody is giving "false" information.

Here in my area there is just 1 small size fry. It's in the happy meals AND when you order just a small fry - I have always counted it as 5pts. They are the EXACT same size.

If they changed the sizes - that is news to me. A small is a small here. Plain and simple.

Tara
Closed Thread