Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 05:33 PM   #16  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi everyone ...

I can't stop eating. Please help! Since last week, I've just been feeding my face. Saturday, I was home alone packing (b/f was working), and I got an urging for ice cream. So I went and bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's and ate almost the whole thing. I never should have visited the plant when I went to see my sister in Vermont! We got free samples after the tour and yum, yum, was it good!

Somehow, I've got to get myself in check!

I hope everything is settling down a little for everyone. I'm still writing local stories that deal with the terrorist attacks, so it's never far from my mind. I'm working on a story now about what Roanoke's plan would be if disaster struck. Like sleepy Roanoke, Virginia, would ever be targeted by terrorists! But the editors want a story.

B/f and I are going to start moving into our new place Friday. We spent all weekend packing, especially yesterday, and I'm taking Friday off to do stuff. We're moving the heavy stuff Sunday, providing I can find friends who will be in town and can help! I'm starting to worry that no one's going to be around! Four guys I've asked are going to be out of town. Our new house is nice, not fantastic, not nice. I wish it had a fenced-in yard, but at least it has w/d hookups, which I didn't have before. It has three bedrooms, so we'll have one, use another for an office, and the third for a guest room. My sister might actually come stay with us for a while.

I better run. Hi to everyone!

Kim
Old 09-17-2001, 06:39 PM   #17  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - I'm glad to hear that everyone's doing well - esp our little traveller. It's so busy today I barely have time to post. BF and I went to the swap meet yesterday and picked up all sorts of yummy fruits and vegs. We got corn and Peaches that are really sweet - last of the season probably and the best apple I've eaten in 5 years! It was almost all from the Okanagan where I used to live - it brings back memories. THen we had a BBQ with friends and ate tons!! But I didn't go too far over my points because we ate pretty healthy - chicken and prawns and salad and corn - Well, we had to celebrate it's almost the end of summer and I must admit I slept like a stone.
And happy news - I was down again at WI - 2# for 2 weeks. It's slow but at this rate - less than a year to goal!!
Hi to everyone with happy news and my thoughts are with those of you with less happy news - have a great evening all
KT
Closed Thread