Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 05:54 PM   #16  

Well, I changed my sig to reflect my weight-up 2 pounds but I am strength training and clothes feel bigger so I am not that down about it....I'm going to join the measuring thread...
I was moved to tears today by some of the messages on hotel word boards and buildings....went to a Red cross fundraiser run by a local radio station....have finally gotten in touch with all of my NY friends-theya re all fine, but as one friend put it, once they start releasing names i'm sure I will know someone...how sad...how horrible-I am supposed to go home to NY in a couple of weeks-I know I will cry at the sight of the skyline-we as New yorkers are so pround of that skyline...
DF is supposed to fly to Chicago next friday...logan airport isn't even open yet, so we'll see
i did cry yesterday seeing the changing of the guard in Britain and hearing our national anthem-that was beautiful and much appreciated....
bye-have good weekends
Old 09-14-2001, 07:01 PM   #17  
Canadian Chick

Hi gals

How is everyone today? Even though its my day off I've been busy running all over the place (well technically walking). The weather is beautiful today and the memorial services I watched this morning held both by my government here in Canada and the one in the States were beautiful too. Cried a lot but what do you expect with it being that TOM? Belle I feel like a big whale too right now. Usually my TOM is ok but my PMS is nasty but this time I had virtually no PMS and TOM is sooo problematic. The joys of being a woman Today my eating is better and I did walk for an hour and a half so far. Hopefully things are back on track. Welcome to our new people. Good to meet you. I was reading the other thead about trigger foods and I've gotta agree with Trish for me it is totally CHEESE! I try not to keep it in the house very often. Lolly, I used to eat PB off the spoon too-when we were little my Mom had to keep it way up high in the cupboard but my brother and I would work as a team and get it down and dig in it with the biggest spoons we could find. I think because of that I hardly ever want it now b/c we definitely had our fill back then. Stacey sorry to hear that Bailey is biting! Next time put somethingreally yucky tasting on your finger and maybe she'll hate it and not bite it again? Just a theory-no idea if it works. Kim thanks for posting that article about Gordon Sinclair. At the time when I read the article I didn't think anything about him but now that I think about it I remember when he died and they had a special edition of this game show thing he used to be on with other Canadian writers (Belle remember Front Page Challenge?). Nevertheless the stricle is very appropriate for thses times too. Shalyne what does B&N stand for?? I love Blackberries too. Horseygirl how long are they around for in BC? Here (Sask) all the berries are long gone. Jen what is this about candle lighting? Glad to hear Emma's swimming went well. Kirsty, at first I was so freaked when you mentioned posting our measurements! But I guess it will probably do me some good-it had better because I HATE being measured. My Mom has sewed clothes for me my whole life and being measured was always just a way to find out how much bigger I was than last time she made me something. I never really thought about it gauging how much I've lost. I'll get it straight in my head yet. Some good news I found out yesterday was one of my long distance friends told me she lost 42 lbs in seven months! I've been thinking about it all day and it really helps to keep me motivated. Anywa take care everyone.

Rina
Old 09-14-2001, 10:14 PM   #18  

Rina... B&N stands for Barnes and Nobles... the bookstore.

My friend and her bf and I had a good time tonight. We wound up having coffee at Barnes and Nobles and then going to the movies and seeing Rat Race. It was a funny movie and a good release after having such a stressful week. All of this news has been so depressing.

It was so nice to come back home and see so many porches/patios lit up with candles here at my apartment complex. I lit one as soon as I got inside. Right now on the news they're talking about it... hundreds of candles floating in the reflecting pool in Boston, people lighting candles outside their homes, etc. etc.

Hope you are all having a good night.
Closed Thread