Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 08:38 AM   #16  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Okay, now I am kind of depressed. Just checking out the web site of the woman who had WLS back in February or March and she has now lost over 100lbs and weighs less than me. I am happy for her obviously but jealous at the same time. Not that I want WLS but I know I can lose weight and I'm just cruising along and not doing squat about it. Like I try things and only do it half heartedly and I'm not exercising. About the only good thing I've managed to accomplish is that most days I am drinking at least 1L of water and that is a big thing considering that previously I hardly drank anything.

Well what to do Actually I thought my eating has been a bit better, I've been having my protein shakes and bars. The problem has been in the evening I end up snacking a bit too much and I am probably eating more at supper than what I plan. Okay so I need to really buckle down on this if I am going to get anywhere with it. Well I'm hungry now so I'm going to go have my breakfast and figure out what I am going to do with myself today. Take care all.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #17  

I feel like I could have posted that Jen! My sister is gearing up for surgery. Though I know she has issues beyond what I do and surgery is an option for her and not me I am jealous. I have always been thinner (even at 224 pounds).

I am more angry at myself really for all the time and opportunities I waste. Everyday I wake up and say "This is it I am starting over", and I make it until like noon. Yesterday we ate out at pizza hut for heaven's sake! I did actually have every intention of getting icecream afterwards. I had DH take out cash, we drove to the icecream stand, pulled in the driveway and I said, "Never mind". I was proud of that. It didn't really off set all the pizza, but it was good none the same.

Just think though these small steps, like you drinking water, is moving us in the right direction. To continue to keep the weight off after surgery my sister will not be allowed ANY suger, carbonated beverages, fried foods, peels or skins of veggies (including orange segments). She has to keep carbs below 25 a DAY and she has to get in 65-75 grams of protein a day BEFORE everything else. I couldn't live FOREVER without birthday cake, Mountain Dew and the occasional funnel cake. So your friend may be losing weight left and right, but would you want to trade your options with hers?

Someday you and I will be able to eat "normal", they will always have to live like that.

I need to find a way to commit to regular exercise. I resent ahving to get up at 5 am. DH can feed heiffers and make diesel fuel whenever he wants, why should I have to lug two kids with me or wait until 10 pm or 5 am? Just b/c I don't work at an office doesn't mean I can do what ever I want all day and exercise whenever I want. I do get more free time than some people, but like right now, I am watching kids AND typing. I can't exercise though b/c they will get on the treadmill with me, or they will climb on me while I do a dvd. DH did propose the other night that maybe we alternate he takes one to the farm and I take one for a walk, then neither of us have to handle both and we can get done what we want.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #18  
Jen

Misty, yes I think right now at this instant, I would trade with this woman, not having sugar, carbonated drinks etc if I could lose weight like that. I am frustrated and angry at myself and there are a lot of other issues going on that don't help. I probably keep too much of my anger to myself and not express it and use food for comfort. I have a lot of supressed anger about our financial situation. It drives me mad thinking where we could be right now if dh had not so totally screwed up our money. Part of it is my fault, I'm not laying all the blame on him but he just wants to get back into what screwed us up to begin with and part of me wants to say, well go ahead, you'll be doing it as a divorced man! Losing weight like that might at least give me some satisfaction with my life as I don't feel like I am getting it anywhere else. My only joy is my son who is driving me up the wall lately, whenever he has to be dropped off at school or daycare he starts crying and throwing a fit and I get so upset that I want to dive into a tub of ice cream! I think that is a good plan for your dh to take one of the kids. They are his kids too and at least he is realizing that you need some help during the day if you are ever going to get anything done. Good job on not getting the ice cream. I know things like that are practically second nature especially at this time of the year so you did great!

Anyway I had a protein shake for lunch and when I log off here I"m going to go ride my exercise bike and come back and post what I did on the new thread I started.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #19  

Hi all!

Just a quick post. I made a new tracker in microsoft picture it. It only took me like 4 hours LOL. But I like it! It has lots of colors LOL We'lls ee how it works out. I made littel water glasses and milk glasses to check off as I drink those, and a place for veggies, oils and vitamin to be checked off.

Well DD wants to show me the flowers she's picked, so haev agreta night all!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #20  

I have been busy enjoying my new nephew, he lost about 8 oz before coming home, but now is eating like a little tazmanian devil!! He is so cute, and I got to feed him twice yesterday. He is at his other grandparents right now, and I can't wait for him to come back!!
Anyway, have been doing good on plan, I have my brothers grad. party tomorrow, so I will probably be bad there, lol. But i will probably get in the pool, so it will all even out, lol.
Right now, I am just waiting to O, as I finished my clomid about 5 days ago. Hopefully it will be soon.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Hugs,
Donna
Old 06-24-2006, 08:15 PM   #21  
Jen

Bad, bad, bad day. Not eating wise and actually did a lot of walking. We had a very bad day with ds, it was very upsetting and frustrating. There was a festival today that I wanted to go to and he was quite happy to go until we got there and then he was a complete pain. It's not like it is something he's never been to or encountered and we ended up being there like 20 minutes and then turned around and came home. I was very upset by the time we got home, I could have left in the parking lot I was so upset and angry. I love him more than anything in my life but stuff like this drives me over the edge. He's been behaving very badly over the past few days, even before he had the chickenpox it was starting. Anyway I'm okay now but he's being punished with no tv all weekend because of stuff he did last week and actually it is harder on us than it is on him so I'm not sure how much of a punishment it really is!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:08 AM   #22  

Hi all!

Donna-Have fun at your party!!!!

Jen-Sorry to hear DS is being stinky. I wish I could offer some advice, but as you can see by my posts I barley have my two under control LOL. Maybe refuse to take him somewhere he wants to go next time b/c of teh way he behaved when you went somewhere you wanted to go? That may not be short term enough for him to connect though. The no tv is a good one but I know what you mean...sometimes the tv isn't for them it's for ME!!! God Bless Noggin!

My eating is once again in crappy land. DH and the kids are sick. Running fevers, barfing...oh so much fun! I ran away yesterday LOL. DD seemed ok in the am and was full steam ahead, so like an idiot I took her to my best friends' house. We had a great day at the zoo and went out for dinner. Then she hurled spaghetti all over me when we got back to my friend's house. So I guess she was sick afterall. Now I feel like a total jerk for exposing them and thier kid to whatever cooties my family has. I just could NOT sit in this house with DH while he was sick. He irritates the CRAP out of me when he is sick. When I am sick I have to chug along and cook dinner and change diapers. Like last month when I was so sick with the whole barfing thing, he didn't even bat an eye or think about staying home so I could have a break. Then he got annoyed b/c I asked him to bring home gingerale and and he had ridden his motorcyle.

He did keep DS yesterday though b/c he wasn't feeling well either yesterday. But DH is soooo whiney and can get really nasty and bites my head off when he's sick. I just could NOT sit in the mess of a house and listen to him whine all day.

Anyway, I'll try to get back on track on Monday...today is going to be a challenge.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #23  

Hi everyone! Went to the gym yesterday...............first time in 3 months!
I tried WW fudge bars...........mmmmm....mmmmmmm! They are SO GOOD and only 1 point! (just thought I'd share that with ya)!
We are on vacation next week........yippeee ! So ready for one! No big plans, just some day trips.........the zoo, an amusement park, swimming (not me of course, but I'll see that the kids and DH go!)

Well just wanted to say hey! Take care everyone!
Closed Thread