Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 12:19 PM   #16  

Congrats Terri!! 50# that is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Now I hope you gals don't mind if I whine a bit. We took my daughter and a friend to the SF Zoo to see the Kratt Brothers. (More about them later). Anyway I knew that it would be hard to stay OP while at the zoo but I did bring some healthy snacks for myself, and did the best I could during the day. Then we went out for dinner where I admit I was not very careful. The Bottom line is: Is it possible to gain 5 pounds in one day? It seems so unfair that it takes 8 weeks to loose 14# and then I gain 5 back in 1 day.

For those of you without younger kids, Chris and Martin Kratt make nature shows for children on PBS. ANyway, they are really cute. I think that I wanted to see them more than the kids did. Chris actually put his arm around me. I asked them for a job. Hey I am an environmental scientist, why not? ANyway I am getting in touch with their general manager, and who knows maybe it'll work out. They hire mostly seasonally but I am due for a sabatical from the lab.

HI to everyone!!

JanieD
Livermore, CA
Old 08-27-2001, 01:53 PM   #17  

JanieD. Sounds like FUN! Cute guys to boot.
I have floated up 5 pounds after a meal only to come right back down after a day drinking water. I do not weigh every day. Fluctuations like this happen and that is the main reason ww says do not weigh every day. You will get to frustrated. It was just water fluctuations. You didn't eat 5 lbs. worth of food in a day. That would be what, 17,500 calories? It was just water I am sure. Hang in there and I am glad you had a good time.
Thanks for the congrats!

Terri
Old 08-28-2001, 10:44 PM   #18  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie, I'm sure that any gain the scale show is merely a temporary thing....water, as Terri says. If there is one guideline of WW that I follow to the letter, it's to weigh only once a week. The daily fluctuations (sometimes more than once in one day!) in weight can make a girl crazy! Hang in there, I'll bet you're doing a super job. The zoo trip sounds like it was fun. And if it leads to a job change....cool!

How is everyone out there? Terri and Myra, I read your journals everyday. It's so much fun to see the exotic (to me, at least!) foods you eat, Myra! I've got to confess, I've never even tried a Boca burger yet! But they are on my shopping list. What flavors are good?

Tomorrow marks yet another fresh start on WW for me. I won't be going to the meetings, but am doing it at home. Wish me luck!

~Jen
Old 08-29-2001, 03:47 AM   #19  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

My favorites are the grilled vegetable, the salsa one, and the garlic, but I've never met a boca burger I haven't liked. I also like certain other Boca products. The grilled "chicken" is really good, as are the new sausages. I don't really like the breakfast sausage/patties (Morningstar makes these better) but the italian sausage and smoked sausage are to die for.
Old 08-29-2001, 09:28 AM   #20  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, thanks for the info, it was exactly the type of answer I was hoping for. I've looked at the products in the stores......there are so many to chose from, I was hesitant to purchase something I'd regret. I now have an idea of what to try and what to stay away from.

~Jen
Old 08-29-2001, 01:52 PM   #21  

HI everyone,

I WI this morning and gained 2.5#. The 5 I was upset about over the weekend was not totally screwy. With the exception of Saturday, I really have been pretty good about staying OP and drinking my H2O, even with my parents visiting. This is so discouraging.

Myra,

WHat are Boca burgers? I have tried Morning Star and although they taste pretty good, they seem to have almost as much fat in them as hamburgers.

Jen,

I guess we are both in for a fresh start. Good luck!

Hugs,

JanieD
Old 08-29-2001, 02:07 PM   #22  
Lifetimer

Boca burgers are soy-based vegetarian burgers. Boca is the brand name. They definitely have less fat than regular burgers (in fact I think the vegan ones are fat free and the others have no more than 1 or 2 grams of fat) and they taste almost like meat. So much so that some long time vegetarians won't eat them. LOL! At 1 to 2 points a patty you can't go wrong.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:17 PM   #23  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie, hang in there! You will be successful in the long run, don't let one gain get you down. Good job on the H2O !

Jen
Old 08-29-2001, 03:03 PM   #24  

I am in a hurry right now but had to say this:

I LOVE BOCA BURGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My kids love them too and I have to buy the big box at Costco.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 08-29-2001, 11:20 PM   #25  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone!

Just saw in the flyers for the sales beginning tomorrow that one of the grocery stores has Boca burgers, etc., 2/$5.....perfect timing for me to try them. Terri, thanks for the input also!

This morning I was going to have a grapefruit for breakfast, when I looked it up (just refreshing my memory!), it said a 16 oz. grapefruit (which this was) was 2 pts. But the book also listed 1 cup of grapefruit sections as only 1 pt. When I cut the grapefruit open, the skin was very thick. I cut out the fruit and it came to only 1 cup full......I saved a point!

later,
~Jen
Old 08-30-2001, 09:14 AM   #26  

Thumbs down

Good morning my buddies

Janie -- just look at it this way -- you thought you gained 5 lbs. but you only gained 1/2 that much, sounds good to me

Jen -- I've never had boca burgers either. I don't like hamburgers or hamburger meat (makes me ill)so I guess anything that has the word burger in it wouldn't really attract my attention. But, maybe I'll try it, maybe Good for you with the grapefruit (another thing I don't eat) As you can see, I'm a very fussy eater, if I don't like the looks of something, no way its going in my mouth I'm with you girl, started fresh yesterday, one day at a time!

Went out yesterday and got some of my favorite supplies for "at work time" -- tuna kits (5 pts.) for lunch, graham crackers and carmel rice cakes (yummy)and dried apricots for snack time. That's the only way I can get back on track is to plan and prepare for my day at work. For some reason, home is easier for me.

Hi Terri, Joyce, Myra, Patti/Zoe and Essie (come out, come out wherever you guys are!)

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 08-30-2001, 09:36 AM   #27  
Lifetimer

I weighed in yesterday. I actually lost 1.8 pounds. I can't believe it. I ate at the high end of my range most of the week and thought that I would maintain at best. It was a very pleasant surprise to say the least. That puts me down 19.8 lbs. since the end of May. I'm so psyched!
Old 08-30-2001, 09:51 AM   #28  

CONGRATS MYRA!!!! Keep it up! You are doing great!

JanieD. I agree with Dianne. 1/2 of 5 isn't bad. that will come off fast. I know 1 day can ruin an entire week for me sometimes. Not all the time but sometimes. I think it is based on my cycle. Like this week it is my TOM. I have no idea how it will go. Keep up with the program and it will work for you.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi everyone. I have to admit I love a good burger. Boca burgers are great. I always have them in stock.
Great planning Dianne. YES! ONE DAY AT A TIME. Things can be going so great for awhile and we get all cocky and then bang something happens and our motivation goes out the window. This is a lifelong struggle. I hope everyone gets what they desire in terms of weight loss. I will always be here. You guys have helped so much. I just wanted to say

THANK YOU!!!!
TTYL,
Terri
Old 08-30-2001, 10:48 AM   #29  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne, great way to start. Planning is so important; it's good that you recognize it's harder for you when you're away from home, at work, and that you're tackling that problem. I know you'll do well! As far as being picky about what you eat....I will never never understand how I got to this weight considering all the things I don't eat! I don't do fish, liver, most sausage, just to name a few. To each his own!

Myra, that's so great that you had another good loss. I admire your perserverance.

Terri, you are sooooo welcome......it's been you and Myra that have made me positive about weight loss again. I've been struggling and floundering about terribly for the past 6 months. Just reading your posts and journals everyday have gotten me psyched again. As you said, it's a life long struggle.

Has anyone tried the Sunmaid dried fruits? I love the Goldens and Cherries...2 pts. for a snack, better than plain raisins. I know that one of the reasons I fail in staying OP is boredom...I end up eating the same meals over and over. This time I'm trying to incorporate a new variety of foods into our menu. Nothing good in life is easy, I know I have to work hard at this to get into good habits.

Joyce, Patti, Janie, hope you're reading, hope you're well.

have a wonderful day!
~Jen
Old 08-30-2001, 11:02 AM   #30  

Jen
Thanks! That is the best way. Incorporate new foods.
I love trying new things. The dried fruits sound wonderful. I will have to try them. Good luck. I started over again today. I tell my self that every day. I pretend it is fresh every day.

Have a great day!
Terri
Closed Thread