View Poll Results: How often do you think about food during the day?
Never 0 0%
A few times 2 10.53%
A lot of the time 11 57.89%
Every 9 seconds... 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 03:22 PM   #16  
A Yankee in Virginia

Thanks, guys. It IS very humid here, and I'm probably not getting all my water. I'll try and drink more. For lunch I had a salad, anyway, and didn't eat all the cheese and cashews that came on it! I forgot to ask them to hold that stuff. Cashews are dangerous.
Old 08-01-2001, 03:40 PM   #17  

Hi everyone! I am at work tonight...I have been doing so so on program-some days totally on and some days totally off...I've noticed that the bad weeks tend to show up in WI a week or two after the fact, as do the good weeks...that can be discouraging...but I PROMISE to go to a meeting tomorrow and weigh in and take my medicine, so to speak....
I love this thread b/c everyone is human-we slip up-we admit it to each other, and we move on....
So far, so good today-I have a 21 point day planned out...we'll see...yesterday I ate 23 points but earned 3 exersize points....WI tomorrow morning at a mew meeting...we'll see how it goes...I think I may be up a little bit....
Glad everyone is doing well....bye bye-Lori
Old 08-01-2001, 03:42 PM   #18  
Eve's Mom

Default LONG DAY...

Phew, I admit I am a lurker that voted. Sorry! I was going to write but I got sidetracked!!

Kim - there are lots of reasons for the gain, even different clothes, so don't worry. Last night my scale said 213 and then this am it was back to 206...go figure!!

I had a semi okay day so far, I worked out for an hour last night and I walked to work today - I was so tired though, I am still not feeling well. BOOH!!

Hey, there is a new guy at work, a keener and he is sucking up and being MOST annoying. I want to hit him. He is bashing my sort of boss to me and stuff. ARGH!! I also had an embarassing incident with him, but I don't feel so bad that I know he is a loser. I heard he came with his wife so I asked him about her, attempting small talk, if she came from Saskatchewan with her etc and he was like, um, I cam wiht my significant other....OH GOD. I should have guessed, but I wasn'thtinking, about it, I mean, who cares. I certainly don't care which side you butter your bread on. But I looked so stupid!! And felt it too!! I tried to be graceful. ANyway, ends up he is a total suck up kiss *** idiot who is driving me crazy (helps with the sexuality mix up though, I don't feel as bad knowing that I don't like him).

Thanks for hte vent...phew.

I have to go get a coffee before the place closes at 2pm, so I'll write in a minute.

Belle

Last edited by Belle2000; 08-01-2001 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-01-2001, 03:54 PM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Oh... I forgot to mention that I did Tae Bo yesterday when I got home. Emma sat on her horsey rocker thing and bounced and giggled with me. Then after 15 minutes she had enough of that. But hubby came home just in time to rescue her. I was so happy that I did it. I need to do more exercises that tone. I have only been walking because the dog needs it. My arms are really getting flabby... and they used to be full of muscles. Actually, I think they still are, I just have to get to them!

Work has been nuts. I had a very sarcastic guy hollor at me because I denied him credit because of poor payment history this year. And it feels like monday since I was off yesterday! Tonight after work we are running to the Fair to see how my things did. I am excited!
Old 08-01-2001, 04:11 PM   #20  
Eve's Mom

Default Hate list for the day

I hate being a) the youngest person by about 15 years and b) the only female on a team because I end up doing the crap work ie typing out s*^t and being everyone's lacky. Order your own food, go jump off the roof!! Whichever comes first!! AGH!!!

If you sense that I am frustrated, that is where you are right. I am very frustrated. And angry. I hate my job. Not the acutal communications work, but even then, I am undermined. Was twice today AGAIN. I feel like smacking someone and I think the keener loser will be first. I'll march over to his cubicle and I'll....welll.....chicken out.

Anyway, I guess there is no way around it ,but I am so tired of this role. Hello job search sites!!

Any Canadians know any good job search sites????

Kirsty - congrats congrats on b/f thing. Tell me how it goes. Glad your roomie was accepting!!

Brenda - congrats on winning $200. In canadian, that's almost $400! Woo hoo.

Sarah - those abs classes are tough, eh? Holy smokes. I wasn't moving the next day after I did one (didn't go back either!) I did this lame video last night and you know, I am in pain today too - not too bad though. I also pulled a muscle running OUCH.

Kay, ah the things we women must deal with. Hope there aren't many male lurkers. Well if there were, we will soon scare them away with our female chat

Hi Penny!

KT - i know how you feel about feeling sick/ yucky when you eat non OP. I do too! That week with b/f's mom I ate crap and I felt horrible until I got back OP. There is somethign to be said for being healthy, eh?

Stacey- let me know if the weekend gets back to you or agrees to come early. God knows I need it. I have so much to do before vacation.....

Jen - I like Tae Boe - I hurt all over and feel like I had a great workout! Good for you

Hello to Lori, Jen2, Trish, Lolly, Steph, Ali, Lola, Shalyne, etc, lurkers and everyone else.

Must get some work done so I don't get bogged down before vacation.

Thanks for letting me vent (yes, I realize you had no choice, but thanks nonetheless...it does feel better to get it out)

A rather disgruntled
Belle
Old 08-01-2001, 04:25 PM   #21  
Proud Mama

Ya know Belle... I feel for ya, really I do. I remember hating being the youngest then all of a sudden one day I woke up and I wasn't the youngest anymore... Boohoo, that sucks worse! LOL But I understand how the lack of respect is very frustrating. I do think you need to find a different job though, cause if you were in the right place you'd be treated better! Does Monster.com have a Canadian equivalent?

Jen, hope your entries do well at the fair.

Penny: welcome!

KT: good to see you again. Hope you can come back more often.

Ok, back to lurkdom... I think tomorrow I might seek out a WW meeting. I never liked the meetings... never found a leader I clicked with, and thought all the stuff was pretty hokey... but since it worked the first time around, and NOTHING is working right now, perhaps I should give it another shot...
Old 08-01-2001, 04:33 PM   #22  
A Yankee in Virginia

Belle: I'm with Janet on the age thing. I kvetched about being the youngest at work, and then all of a sudden, I wasn't. Our youngest reporter is 22 ... 7 years younger than I! But I do hear you about the women-being-expected-to-do-stuff thing. There are three women on my reporting team now, but it wasn't always that way, and my editor was always turning to me to order cakes, organize going-away parties, stuff like that. It happened to three of us on different teams about the same time, and we basically told our editors, no more! Just because we're female doesn't mean we do the "domestic" chores around the office. Jeez, I'm about the least domestic female I know.

Sometimes I still end up doing stuff because I know it's the only way it'll get done!

Hey, a girl I work with joined WW today and I invited her to join our little group here. I hope she will. She's very cool. Her name is Beth, so if she pops up, say hi! She's one of our movie reviewers and has one of the coolest senses of humor of anyone I've ever met.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:00 PM   #23  
Parrothead

Default Boredom at work today

I just finished a project so now I am bored. I went to WI and lost another .2#! I don't know how that happened but I'll take it!

Belle and Kim ~ I totally can relate to the "you have ovaries so you should order food, organize parties, make copies, etc". It tickes me off so much. I work in the IT field so I am surrounded by men. The job before this one I always had to do the social planning and food ordering. Didn't they see that I was coding 12 hours a day also?!! At my job now it isn't so bad because we have an administrative staff to help out, but we do have one sales guy who thinks that since I am a woman I should be his lackey. I usually tell him that if he wants me to be his assistant along with the tech roles I am doing, he can pay me double. That usually gets him off my case. Thats my vent for the day!

I'll talk to ya'll later and welcome to anyone I haven't "met" yet!
KAy
Old 08-01-2001, 05:19 PM   #24  
Eve's Mom

Default I work in IS too

I do communications (and of course secretary bull crap) for IS guys as well. But that doesn't give htem the right to make us do their crap work. I'll try telling them to pay me double too, maybe that will work!

AGH. I am so high stress right now I can't even think straight. I need a break. I have been in since 7am wiht no break. It is now 3:25.
Old 08-01-2001, 06:00 PM   #25  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I used to be the youngest too. I was the only person in my 20's... minus the summer interns that came in. It sucked. MY boss with the biggest dink too... and harassing. So I finally quit. In less than a year 3 people filled my position and left for the same reasons. Amazing. I can't believe I was there for 1 1/2 years.
Old 08-01-2001, 09:58 PM   #26  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Question Revelations

Ok so viably I could start a new thread but eh no
I've lurked long enough
Today I had the best intentions
before seeing any members of my fam i had a satisfying fruit salad for breakfast
This was all shot to hades by lunch my gramma was having a foggy day and as on all foggy days she wants to help me
which i appreciate but dear god i can't take it much longer I hate to sound shallow but its very hard so ofcourse lunch constituted of enuf points for a whole day
did i stop nooo
I brought home munchkins
which mind u i have kept away from me since inhaling 8
dinner was low points but ofcourse it was i planned in
red calorie chicken caesar salad
homemade by lil ol me
anyway

i need to learn to cope with stress without opening my mouth to either insert food or say somethting snappy
Also
I have never been to a WW meeting and was thinking of joining when i go to ireland do u think it makes a big difference from doing it on ur own?
Old 08-01-2001, 10:08 PM   #27  

I just wanted thank everyone that welcomed me yesterday. I voted and I have to admit I think about food a lot. Eating breakfast..... thinking of lunch... eating lunch...... thinking about snacks...... eating snacks ..... thinking of dinner. I guess it can be good though. Positive thinking at least I am planning ahead! You guys seem so sweet and very dedicated to WW. I hope you can help keep me on the bandwagon. I have done great the last two weeks. I have a dinner to go to tommorrow night a wonderful Italian restuarant. It is will definitely be a low point breakfast and lunch to save up enough for dinner! But I will be keeping myself busy tommorrow. I am making and canning salsa with some friends I teach with. I love to read your posts. Have a great night.

Lauren
Closed Thread