Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #1  

Default Thread for Jan. 1st-7th

Happy New Year!

We had a quiet night staying home last night. Sometimes I feel like a loser, and I'm afraid my husband will get bored with me.

I've got a lot of cleaning to do today. It seems like it never stops, doesn't it?

I guess I don't have much news to type. Have a good week ladies!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #2  

I have a question for you--

DH and I were invited to one of my college roommate's wedding in October. We also had dh's niece's wedding that same day. Both wedding were out-of-state. Our niece died in a car accident about a month prior to her wedding. DH didn't want to go to my roommates wedding that same day, so we stayed home. I bought her a Target giftcard, that woops, I just found! I never sent it!!! DH thinks that we'll probably never see her again, and she never e-mails me, no Christmas cards, etc, so we should just forget about sending the giftcard. I feel cheap not sending it, but we could use the money. Also, I e-mailed her a few weeks before her wedding, and I told her about our niece and she never responded. Would you keep the giftcard or send it as a late wedding gift?
Old 01-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #3  

Happy New Year everyone! Well here we are in 2006..let it be a great year for us all!

Steph-I probably would just hang on to the gift card personally..especially since there has been no effort on her part to respond to your emails. Just my thoughts!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Old 01-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #4  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Steph,

I would keep the giftcard for myself if it was me. since she hasn't responded to your emails, sounds like she's too busy to maintain a friendship at this time.

Look at you, girl, I just noticed your stats. WTG!!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #5  

I think I will keep it for ourselves. I'll feel guilty, but I'll get over it The only time I think I'll ever see her again, is if another one of our old roommates gets married. She may invite her to her wedding, although I know that this other roommate wasn't invited to her's.

thanks for the encouragement, Kitty! It's been a lot of hard work, but I think it has been worth it! I had my husband take pictures of me last new years, and now this morning, and woah. So, I'm trying to attach a picture of me, but I keep getting a message that says my attachment is too large. Does anyone know how to make a picture smaller?
Old 01-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #6  

Default New to Slimmin' Sistas

hi everyone and Happy New Year! Hope you don't mind me joining in. I have followed your threads/posts since June and decided to get involved!
Kitty - My mother in law has had 3 back surgeries in 3 years! She is doing ok. I think she is in constant discomfort but she is very upbeat and positive all the time. I just wanted to wish you the best and glad to hear you are doing so well.
Well anyways, let me introduce myself.............my name is Jeanne, I'm 41, I have 2 great (most of the time) teenage daughters, I have been married for
1 year next month! The first time I was married for 21 years! Oh my!
I have faught the weight issue all of my life. My parents and brothers and sister have too! Definately runs in our family. I have been anywhere from 180# - 280# (give or take a little). I'm an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad, stressed, excited, and so on. I'm sure you get the point. In 1998 I lost 100#. Since then I have gained aprx. 60# back. I started ww and 3FC last June and lost 30# of that back off! I then fell off the wagon in October and gained 8# of that back! so.............here I am! Looking for support and you girls all seem so nice! I love reading your posts and hope you don't mind me joining in.
Have a great day! Thanks for listening!
Old 01-01-2006, 09:31 PM   #7  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

Steph-I'm with everyone else, keep the card. Your friend is probably so wrapped up in being a newly wed she just doesn't have time to maintain the friendship and it kinda sounds like it wasn't super close anyway.

Jeanne-Welcome! It's greta to have you! We'll have to support each other on that emotional eating b/c I too do that!

Well, It was a long day. We had our last Christmas Celebration today, it was very nice. I ate to much and now I am done. I don't start WW back up until Tuesday but I am going to try to get back on track to some degree tomarrow. The kdis are feeling better, we've moved from fevers to colds, which suck but aren't as bad as fevers.

My washer is leaking so I have laundry piled up to the ceiling. Hopefully, DH will fix it tomarrow and I can get that taken care of. I also hope to rearrange the play room and sort the toys. I need to find space for the new stuff. Thank heaven's my Gramma sisn't go overbaord!! There have been years when we have to make more than one trip to get it all home.

Have a great night everyone!!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #8  

Welcome, Jeanne! I'm glad you joined us. Please jump right in! I think that being active on this website has helped my accountability tremendously!!

I'm keeping the giftcard!! One of my co-workers is running a half marathon next week, and she's doing Team In Training, so she has to fundraise money for leukemia. I donated half the amount of the giftcard to her cause, and I'll use the Target giftcard for necessities when the need arises.

It's kind-of refreshing to be done with all the celebrating for a while!

Misty, my washer was leaking a month or two ago. Thank goodness we found it early, because my dad told me that if one tiny little area more broke, we would have had a basement full of water. So, you're back on program today, Misty? Sending good vibes your way--you can do it!! Glad the kids are feeling a bit better.

Have a good day!!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #9  

Good Morning!

It's been a long morning already. DS is grumpy b/c of the cold, so I just haven't gotten anywhere yet. I did just finish cleaning my freezer and taking a quick inventory of our food. I got up this morning and had a healthy breakfast. I'm not counting points but I am making good choices. I'll be fully back on plan after my Tuesday night meeting.

I hope DH gets the washer fixed today. I've had this attitude that I'll just wash anyway and let the floor rot out then maybe we can get out of this dump hole LOL. But DH yelled at me. So now I have to wait for him to get that done. I am also pushing for him to move the rest of the pool table out and an old couch.

Well I am off to the races Have a greatday everyone!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #10  

You're up to $100 in the piggy bank, Misty! Awesome!
Old 01-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #11  

Only sort of Steph. I mean I put in $100 when I cashed my paychecks form babysitting. But what I did was figured I started at 224 (as of 9/04 when I started WW on my on I jo9ined meetings again at 212 in July 05) and now am at 206 according to the home scale then tossed in a bit of extra incentive (it should cover my exercise and stuff you know. Having $100 is a GREAT insentive!!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #12  

Hello Everyone!

Well I am off to my meeting tonight. Yesterday the home scale showed 206, today 210 OUCH!!! But that's more like what I expected. I've tried to make good choices today and yesterday. Tonight I will start my points again. I liek starting them at night. Tomarrow I plan to stay up and get my stuff done instead of going back to sleep on the floor. Which means I need to get to bed earlier. I have to be out of bed by 5:15, so going to bed at 11-11:30 isn't cutting it for me.

Well have a great night everyone. I'll let you know how I did.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #13  

Where is everyone?

Well it's my first day back on plan in a month. I feel good about it. But I have a screaming headache and instead of staying up and following my plan to exercise and such I laid down once the kids got here. I feel super guilty about that, but there is no way I can function with little sleep and a this headache. SO I will do my best to fit everything into my day.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #14  

Hey Misty! Hey everyone! Misty - you go girl! You can do it!!! I officially started Dec. 28 and I am a little disappointed that I weighed in yesterday (at home) and had only lost 1#. Today it shows nothing, zip, not even the 1# I reported yesterday. I really need to add exercise ..............but.............I hate it. I feel bad, I use to be very active, a gym, walking, working out at home. Blah, just can't get back into it. We have a program here called Changes 4U. I believe it is similar to Curves. Well, anyways I was thinking about going there and checking it out. When I called they said you can come the first 2 or 3 times for free and then if you want to join, you can. It is $21 a month for 6 months. (Cheaper if you sign up for a longer term, but, I'm terrible at long term committments!!) I was thinking that if I was paying $20+ a week to go to WW meetings and buy all their product, maybe if I did the ww at home and spent $21 a month to exercise I could save a little extra money as well as get exercise. In 1998 - 1999 I lost 100# on ww at home, so surely to goodness I could lose 30# or even 17# for my valentines day challenge. I dunno! Well anyways, I'm on my way to the grocery store and then to check out Changes 4U. I'll let you know what I decide. Have a good day everyone!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #15  

Default So far, so good

Well, I'm pleased to say I've started 2006 on a good note. This despite my daughter (8 y.o.) having a very yucky stomach virus. Good thing we have lots of extra sets of sheets for her room. She has missed 2 days of school; still running a slight fever today. I'm going slightly stir crazy but I made it to the Y Monday night and I'm going back for kickboxing class tonight.

The food has been on track. I've increased vegetables and aim for 2 different kinds with dinner (had sweet potato and spinach last night). So I feel like I'm in control.

How is everyone?
Closed Thread