Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #16  

Hello all!

Elana-Good vibes for your little one. Fevers and flus are awful!! I hope she is feeling better. My DD had the same thing and I actually ran out of sheets! So I hope you guys ocme through it soon. I like your idea of two veggie sat dinner, I may have to steal that.

Well my crazy headache is subsiding...surprise it coordinated with the kids I watch leaving early LOL. I was so happy to see thier mom at noon today! The motrin I took must be kicking in. My head hurt so bad it could hardly blink.

Well my first day back on plan is going well actually. I had a Healthy Choice meal last night, and went to bed with my headache so no late night snacking I made myself some toast on WW whole wheat bread with low sugar jelly, but DD ate one peice so that knocked off a point LOL. I hope to exercise later today. We'll se ehow it goes.

Jeanne-One pound is good!!!! Don't knock it girl! I know we all do that step on teh scale and hope to see five, so one seems small. But really one is healthy and realistic. Plus, don't stress yourself out with that scale. I do that too! Pick a day and time and weigh yourself no more than once a week. You can go up and down a pound or more easily throughout the day. It's what you see in a long term trend over weeks and months. How much are your meetings? I only pay $12 a week and that's rather high. I don't buy thier products at the meetings. I have the complete food guide and dining out companion. But as far as food, I can find similar and cheaper stuff in the grocery store. You can get granola bars that are similar to WW bars for the smae number of points and half the cost. You just have to poke around the store and read labels. I do buy WW bread b/c I like it better than other 1 point for two slices bread, and teh bagels b/c bagels are often like 6 points and these are only two. But, I get those at my regular grocery store.

I did WW on my own with stuff from previously attending meetings. I created my own tracker and made little charts and stuff to track my weight using excel. I "officially" weighed myself on Monday mornings. I know lots of people who are able to do it on thier own. If you can and can get the support you need here and you feel you can get more from paying for a membership to workout then go for it. I love WW, I love my meetings, but I also feel that everyone needs to find thier own groove and find what works for them, combining programs, counting calories, whatever they find that works.

Well off to cook some lunch. I am in the mood for a giant salad!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #17  

Hey ladies..well I need a good kick in the booty..I have gone over pts every day..what is my deal? UUGH!

Misty-Great job on getting back on track! So proud of you! You can do it girl!

Jeanne-One lb is awesome...the best thing I did was tell myself that time is of no essence..it takes however long it takes as long as I am losing I am good to go...1 lb is great!!

Elana-Sorry to hear DD was sick..great job on getting off to a good start in 2006.

Ok..I must get into a routine..I think with this new job..it has just thrown me all off..I have to get back to eating good things..the only problem is we cannot eat at our desks during the day so it eliminates all snacks..that used to help me so much. Any suggestions anyone??
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #18  

No daytime snacks? That's harsh! Can you take a short break anytime? I used to bring cheese sticks, mini-cottage cheese, RyVita crackers and the small cans of low sodium V8 to work. If you don't have access to a fridge, try the small boxes of dried fruit (the crackers and juice would still work).

What time do you get home? Can you eat a small (veggies and salsa) snack while you get dinner ready?

Hope this helps.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #19  

HELLO!! Well, ladies, I hurt my back (again). All I did was step out of the shower. I didn't even slip, I literally lifted my foot, up and wham!! Whatever I did, I did it exceptionally well. Argh.

Elana, I'm sorry to hear about your sick daughter--I hope she starts feeling better soon. It seems like that is going around lately.

Anyone watch the USC/Texas football game last night. I was hoping that Texas would win (yeah), but isn't Matt Leinert a hotty!?!

One of my co-workers wants me to start lifting weights with her at 6:00 in the morning! It would be so good for me, but I know this sounds horrible---I just don't think I can wake up that early!!!! I'm afraid!!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #20  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

How's all the Sistas today?

Steph, be careful with that back - you don't want to end up like me. I'm probably never going to be allowed to do the carrot or banana dance anymore.

Starting to slowly get back on some kind of track weight wise. Went to get my stiches out today. Gonna start walking the mall maybe tomorrow. I'm using a walker for now, since my left leg, ankle & foot are still pretty weak and numb. But I can't tell you how good I feel now. I feel more than 100% better.

Hope everyone can get back on track; it's so hard after the holidays. Now, it's just kinda boring till spring.

Love ya all,
Old 01-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #21  

Kitty, I'm so glad you're feeling so much better!!! I know we've all been hoping and praying for a full recovery! You'll be back doing the banana and carrot dance in no time!!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:01 AM   #22  

Good morning!

Kitty-So glad to hear you're feeling better! It is hard to get back on track, but we have each other and we can each do this!

Steph-I hope your back feels better soon. It seems to be the silliest things that cause the most trouble doesn't it? Give its ome rest and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Marcie-Yeah not eating at your desk can be really hard! Elana offered some good ideas. I really can't think of anything else except plan ahead, that way you have healthy choices on hand when opportunity comes along. I too have gone over my points this week, so don't feel bad

Yesterday was a craptastic day. Just one of thos days when you get up and things start unraveling. I still have a headache, not so bad now but three days of it starts to get annoying. DH and I had it out and I soothed myself with a large (and I am talking LARGE) bowl of regular fullf a icecream. Which was followed by a call from my best friend, who I adore. But, I get so tired of her looking down at me and the opportunities I can afford my kids. Her daughter (who turned two less than a month ago) started a preschool program and sure I wish we had a preschool here, but we don't, especially for 2 year olds. And if we did I couldn't afford $60 a month for 3 hours a week anyway. Besides I think my kid is doing ok since she's 2 1/2 and knows just about if not all her uppercase letters, a large portion of lower case, she can count, knows shapes, colors ect and the capitals of 7 states. I don't think her education is lacking and I do after all have a degree in education. So I don't think I need someone telling me that my kid is missing out on the education she deserves and needs to get anywhere in the world. Plus she is 2!!!!! So, it was just one of those days, you know?

But it's a new shiney day and things are going to be better today

Have a good one everyone!
Closed Thread