Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #16  
Super Surfer

Thumbs up Hi everyone..

Maria Had to at little Mathilda not liking the beach. Our little didn't like it the first year either. That surprised us too. I am sure you will enjoy your new camera and we can expect great things from you. Always enjoy the pictures you post.
When you make your trip to Can/US, you can expect a lot of hugging and kissing. We are very affectionate, we hug for all reasons: hello; goodbye; congratulations; sympathy; thank you; sorry; and happy are just a few reasons.
Glenda How come when we were younger, we were up for anything and anytime of the day or night? We could pick up and go whenever something came up, now I have to think things over and consider all the ramifications...YIKES. Laughed at the "heel ruts".
Gloria sounds like your grand-son will have his pick, when he is ready. I think the girls do the chasing at first. My DH doesn't go for walks, but he seems to know everyone in the neighborhood.
Karen It is wise to prepare in advance, when it happens, the last thing your Mom will want to do is shop. Spout is making new friends with the cats.

Has anyone here ever experienced and AURA? I think I had one today. It really scared me. Slavika had one last winter and she surivived it, so I guess I will be okay. At first I thought the sun was making a glare on my glasses and then I realized it was my right eye. The flashing/wave travelled inward and then it looked like there was a ceiling fan turning above my head, as the flashing went to the top of my eye. It lasted about 5 or 6 minutes and then I developed a slight headache. Hummmmm, getting old is a real blast! I saw my Opthamologist this morning, before this happened.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #17  
Member Florida Chick

I can't believe I've missed so much. Didn't think I had been away that long.
Slavika: I am in agreement with all the rest, and so glad that your DH made the decision he did. The side effects are so bad, that they outweigh any good the drugs might do. I' sure you are breathing a sigh of relief.

Karen: Glad Sprout made the trip okay, and I'm happy for you that you can be there with your Dad and Mom and be a help and comfort. I expect if Sprout caught up with a cat, he might get a scratched nose.

It is so late, and I did read all the posts but don't remember what everyone said at this point.

Trudy: I didn't get your angels photo, and the Halloween stuff, either. I am having difficulty with this new email system. Hope your emails haven't been returned.

Hope to get back tomorrow. I've been spending all my spare time making quilled gift enclosure cards for our craft sale. So far I've completed about 40. Hope I can sell them all. But I am having a hard time deciding on what to charge for them. If I tried to collect for my time, I would never sell any. They are the size of a 3x5 card folded in half.

Good night. Ann
Old 11-02-2005, 08:31 AM   #18  

I have to start checking in more often. Slavika I am so glad that you decided not to participate in that program. I was reading all the side effects and thought he has been through enough and doesn't need all this. Isn't thalidomide the drug they used to give pregnant women and didn't it cause birth defects? Let him continue to feel better each day and soon you will be in Maui. Look forward to that.

Trudy isn't an aura associated with migraines? That had to be a little scary and doesn't it always happen after you have been to the doc.

Maria I envy you just starting into summer. The leaves are falling fast and furious here. I have never seen so many acorns. Leave it to us to have huge oak trees and the acorns fall on the roof and make all kinds of noise. They are so big this year-it must mean something. TAke a walk on the beach for me.

Karen cherish each day with your dad. I am glad that Sprout was a good little traveler. It had to be hard to see his little eyes looking at you on the plane. I would have wanted to hold him and I am sure that you did too.

Ann I had something bounce back to me this morning from you. I replied to a halloween thing and yours came back. Quilling is so pretty-I hope you sell them all. It is hard to figure out what to charge. Sometimes it depends on the clientelle and what they are willing to spend. You will figure it out.

Gloria your grandson sounds like a stud muffin as they say here.

I want to go plant some bulbs today if the ground isn't too hard. The kid across the street was selling a fundraiser thing from her school. I bought bulbs instead of candy and wrapping paper. Now they are looking at me to do something with them. Can't remember what anyone said. So hope you all are having a good day.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #19  
Member Florida Chick

Hi: Just got back from church and decided to get on a little earlier than last night. I went back and read all the news once again and still don't dare make any comments, because i could easliy become confused

Peggy: did you get tulip bulbs? That is one thing I miss here, tulips and daffodils in the spring. We have lots of other lovely flowers, just not those. I used to have crocus planted all around our lawn and they were the first things that came up. Looked really nice.

Maria: I bet if Matilda didn't like sand, she won't like scratchy grass on the lawn either. But it won't take long for all that to change. Are you enjoying your new camera?

Slavika: I have tried the white paper list once again. So we will see. I am getting a bit frustrated with the whole business. Anti-spam is very good, but not when it keeps friends away.

Karen: I'm glad for you that you can have this time with your Dad. As someone said - you have the chance to tell him all the things you may have forgotten to say over the years.

Gloria: Is your snow still sticking or did it all melt away? You must soon be coming to Florida. I hope we have good weather while you are here.

Glenda: I hope you are having better days at work. And I am glad our emails are going through once again. Does your computer have a block for certain types of attachments. My DD's does and quite often something will comeback to me with a rejection from her company. I know they have to be very careful will all the viruses out there.

Lily: Here we are with only two more days before the weekend. Hope you have a restful one. You have sounded very busy.

Trudy: Your 'aura' sounds like what my DH calls a 'blind headache. That is the way it seems to start with him. Then he just sits with his eyes closes until it all goes away. Hope you don't have any more problems . It has to be scary for sure.

Next week I go to the Dr. for my check up and set up for the colonoscopy after my one year. My DH is concerned for me as we have been hearing horror stories about people with re-occurance. I just choose to believe what all the Dr.s said. and that I am cured. I have no reason to think otherwise. But I know that you all know a bit about the apprehension before the testing. I'll let you all know what happens.

Time to go and work on a few more cards. Goodnight all. Ann
Old 11-02-2005, 10:03 PM   #20  

G'day all,

Ann already one year since your health scare. It is always a little nerve wrecking, especially your first colonoscopy. It never ceases to amaze me why people have to tell you all these horror stories
I remember having a hysterectomy and a Mum of one of ds's friends told me the afternoon before I went into hospital that it was the worst pain she ever experienced when she had her hysterectomy
People are very strange.
You will be fine, especially as you have no reason to think otherwise.
Good luck, I am sure we will all be thinking of you!
Yes you are right, Matilda does not like grass either

We are off for the weekend tomorrow, yet another 60th birthday. This time we are staying on the river in shearing sheds converted to accomodation. There will be 20 of us, it should be good fun.

I am very excited, I received my new camera but an hour ago. It is brilliant and I am so happy that I can take it with me to the 60th party.
I promised to take shots and put it on a DVD, I was a bit worried if I would have the camera in time.

Have a great weekend all, see ya on Monday on my return!

Cheers
Maria
Old 11-03-2005, 12:07 AM   #21  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Most Browsers will resize the Picture. So its nothing you did. I had a great Pic of Angel. When they are Huge they might make it fuzzy looking when the brower resizes it. Depends on the browser.

I have been going for walks at lunch so havent been reading. Need to get totally away for awhile as it has been crazy. Also was sick. Got a flu shot this weekend. And have felt funny ever since. Stayed home yesterday and just laid of the couch the entire day. Sure felt good tho! Not alot on TV during the day.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:55 PM   #22  
Fun Blonde

Ann, your emails are coming back to me. Do not know why, but they are. I know the stress you will just naturally go through before your test. I always do. I always think this time I won't be so afraid, and by gosh! I always get nervous. Just the nature of the human beings we are, I guess. But you know we are all hoping for the best and really, no reason not to expect the very best.

Maria, I always feel so envious of you as we head into winter and you are going into summer. But never the other way around.

Made it to the weekend. yea! Nothing much to do this weekend and we need to have those times or else we would die of dust allergies. It is time to clean up a bit.

Trudy, an aura is what I have always heard accompanies migraines. Are you going to call your eye doctor and at least report what happened? I was thinking about the eye disease I have, keritokonis (I think) and thinking about having to wear gas permeable contacts or go blind. That is kind of a daunting thing to think as I get older. Getting older really ain't for sissies!

Lily, good for you getting out at lunch. We usually have a drive-through flu shooting at our hospital, but this year they didn't get the vaccine, so I guess I will go to the health clinic. I will not go a year, willingly, without a flu shot. The last time we got the flu we both thought we were dying and sort of wishing we would.

Have a good weekend.
Glenda
Old 11-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #23  
Member Florida Chick

Glenda: did you get the same message as Slavika? Have your mail recipient go to Verizon White pages? If that is the case, I will do that to get you unblocked. Also, I have two email addresses for you, so I will send you an email with what they are, and you tell me here you want to get your mail on 1 or 2. I also have another solution that will work until the Verizon address is working properly again.

Tomorrow once again is weigh=in and this time I feel sure I have gone up as I used all but 2 of my flex points this week, and they weren't all used on really healthy food:

Tonight a friend and I went to a showcase of possible entertainment. We had a free dinner, and then the show. It was very good, but I know we couldn't afford them for our park. but it was a nice evening out. DH had no desire to go, so he stayed home and ate a TV dinner. And I splurged and ate a piece of cheesecake. Yum.

I'll be back tomorrow with the bad news. good night all. Ann
Old 11-05-2005, 07:35 AM   #24  

Hi All,

Maria it is exciting to get a new camera. I bet yours has all the bells and whistles. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Your weekend away sounds like fun with a lot of people.

Glenda we are having a quiet weekend also. Last weekend was so busy and this weekend nothing. It always seems to be that way.

Ann it is hard to believe that a year has passed since your health scare. Not envying you that colonoscopy. I planted tulip and daffidil bulbs. They are part of a pink collection. I put them in pots since I discovered a mole has started to inhabit our yard. I am not sure if they eat them or not and I was going to put them where the mounds are. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the moles. My dog is too busy going after the chipmunks to bother about the moles.

Been busy in the yard with leaf cleanup. This year the acorns have been huge and there are so many of them. I keep sweeping them up and they keep falling. Going to a craft show this morning with friends then on to Panera for our Sat morning coffee.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #25  
Life Time 2001

Ann: I read on a Graphic forum that Version was blocking alot of things. Dont know if that could be your problem or not. Alot of people were trying to get to sites and they could not because they were Blocked by Verision. Could be the problem with mail to. I dont know.

Went for a ride today to see the leaves changing. It was so pretty. Drove past a Winery. And the grapes leaves were changing to. Never knew they did. Wish we would of taken Camera but we forgot. Told hubby I wanted to go back next week just to get a Pic. If we do I hope its still that way.

Hi to all!

Have a great night!
Old 11-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #26  
Member Florida Chick

Today was not good at the scales, but I really knew it was going to be that way. I had gone overboard last week, so was up 1.2. Not as bad as I feared, but none-the-less a set back again. Grrr! Oh well, this is a new week. Hope everone is having a nice weekend. Off to bed. Ann
Old 11-06-2005, 03:50 AM   #27  

G'day all,

We have just returned from the celebrations of the 60th birthday of one of our friends.
It was a great weekend, my camera is fantastic and I shot some 500 photos I just had a look at them and I am quite thrilled with the results.
I now have to sort them all and put them on a DVD as a gift for the friend's 60th.
I am exhausted but couldn't help myself and just HAD to share the attachment, a female kangaroo with her joey who hung around our campsite. She wasn't all that timid I managed to get this shot with a telephoto lens.

Must fly have a shower and get ready for a goodnight's sleep. The shearing quarters where we stayed were not exactly 6 star accommodation

See ya tomorrow
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-07-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:50 PM   #28  
Fun Blonde

Ann, I go to WW on Saturday mornings. Our weekend was sort of boring and we went to two movies and I ate popcorn at both, buttered show popcorn. Peggy, be careful of those quiet weekends. I think I have used all my flex points already and the week just started. Oh well. I seem to have found maintenance and it is called WW anyway. I don't really care. Guess I can just be on it forever.

Maria, I am sure you are having the time of your life with your new camera. Email us lots of pictures.

Lily, glad you enjoyed your outing and the vineyard was so pretty. How does sunny California know when it is fall?

We are having extremely nice weather here in Oklahoma. It is supposed to be 85 today. Over the weekend seven people died in Indiana in a tornado. Didn't even think November we had tornadoes. Weird weather.

Everybody getting ready for Thanksgiving? I am kind of aggravated at the stores that won't even let us get through Thanksgiving (I know, it is just an American holiday now) without going into Christmas.
Glenda
Old 11-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #29  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

It seems like such a long time since I stopped by to read and to post.
DH is is doing well but he still has that rash that has the oncologist stumped. He was on medication, and while on it the rash would clear up and the itch part would go away. The doctor arranged for DH to see a dermatologist tomorrow
and the allergist on Wednesday and he was not to take the medication after Friday so that those doctor's could actually see the rash and not get "false readings". The rash is very strange in that it breaks out in a welt and then a short time later it goes away and another one will break out somewhere else. He has it mostly on his face, and a little on his chest. We just don't know what is causing it... I understand that a rash is a very difficult thing to pinpoint.
Last Tuesday I went to WW and was down .6#....not a large amount but I have managed to lose "something" each time I weigh in. It sure isn't coming off in leaps and bounds.
On Wednesday morning DH and I went to Fargo for a "little" holiday and to do some Christmas shopping. It was so nice that DH was able to keep up with me and didn't have to rest. We almost finished all our shopping. We ate out of course but I don't think I gained any weight. DH wore his pedometer and he put on around 18,000 steps or so each day we were gone I guess I did too. We got home late Friday.
On Saturday our family brought the pups to our place so that we could say good-bye to them. I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I felt for all of them. My sweet dil with her allergies was having such a difficult time with the pups in the house and yet she was the one that took care of them, house trained them, taught them to sit, stay, go down, and come when called and the pups adored her. Even when it came to eating.... she put their food down and the pups just sat in front of their bowls until she said, "ok pups, chow down". I would have to say that the grandchildren dealt with the situation much better then my son or my dil. My son said, he was the one who brought the dogs into the house for the children's birthdays, and then he took them away from them, he said it was a bad mistake and he had to make things right. He found wonderful homes for both the pups but they will not be together, although later somebody said they would have taken both of the pups. The one pup went to people whose daughter works with my son and they live in the country and they have grandchildren and the other pup went to another family also arranged through someone at work that has two teenage daughters, 13 and 15 who just loved the pups. Both families said that they would be more then happy to provide update to son and family and had gone to son's home to visit with the pups first before deciding to take them. Son told his children that maybe in a year's time he would take them to visit the pups....giving the new owners a chance for the pups to bond with them. Son felt better that he actually knew the people that took the pups rather then give them both to someone he didn't know. My poor dil was so upset and crying that son said she actually threw up. She felt it was HER fault that the pups had to go because she was the one with the allergies. I had a talk with her and assured her it certainly was not her fault and even grandson said, my Mom can't be sick for 10 - 15 years because of the pups being in the house. He's a bright boy and handled things very well and also helped his sister through it too. I'm so proud of both those kids.
Hi Ann I go along with the other gals on the board.....why do people have to tell you those stupid horror stories...your colonoscopy will go just fine and everything will be ok. This fellow who has the same cancer as my DH told him a bunch of terrible stories (last Christmas) when I was decorating our tree and caught wind of what the conversation was about and was just furious with the fellow. It also turned out....I must add that all that crap he told my DH just wasn't true or was no where near as bad as he said it would be. You will be just fine and also you have done well all year....good for you.
About the small weight gain...forget it...that's life, and we just go up and down. LOL, except over the last year I went a LOT of UP!. That too, is changing.
Maria I'm happy that you are pleased with your new camera and loved the picture of the kangaroo and her joey. I will have my son over one day and have him take some pictures of me or maybe while in Maui and send you an up-dated one for the collage. Remember Gloria we need you on the collage too. I have the pictures of us on the top shelf of my computer desk so I can "see" you gals.
Peggy can those huge acorns that are bouncing off your roof be roasted and then eaten??? Do you have a lot of squirrels coming to gather them up?
Gloria is it Florida that you are going to on holidays....and where in exactly in Florida will you be staying? You likely said, but I have forgotten. Lily it's good that you can get out at lunch...that will help relieve some of work stress you are under. Sorry you were sick and hope you are feeling better today. Peggy I don't think I have ever seen a mole, but I am sure we must have them. I will have to ask Trudy . Do the chipmunks eat the acorns, or are they too big?
Karen I am keeping your Dad and your whole family in my prayers. Cherish this time with your Dad (well I know you do). Try and explain to SPROUT, he better not push that kitty cat around too much or he will be in for one BIG surprise. LOL
Glenda with DH 100 Day coming up (today is day 81) Cancer Care called that they are starting to arrange for all the tests he will have done. I know that you understand that although DH is sure that the transplant went just great, waiting for the "confirmation" from all the tests is a little stressful for him, (and me too).
Well my friends, I didn't mean for this to be a novel, but in "real life" I talk a lot too. hee hee

Last edited by slavika; 11-07-2005 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #30  
Web Nana

The count down to Vacation is now down to the last few days. So, knowing that what did I do this morning.....chip off a piece of tooth. I immediately call the dentist and have an appointment on Wed. afternoon. It doesn't hurt but there is a sharp point on my next to last molar, upper right. Eating very soft foods from now on. One way to diet. A friend of DH just lost her husband to a massive heart attach and he was on life support but they pulled the plug because he would have only been in a vegetative state. Tues. is the wake and the Funeral is Wed. AM. She was to have knee replacement surgery mid November but has postponed that. It is too bad and you never know what is around the bend. As I told Sally my DH has a favorite saying "Here today gone to Maui."

Slavika, we are going to Disneyworld via a 3 day trip from here by car. Meeting DS & family and DD#1 will join us. Also DS's mil and sil and family will be in the group. We then will travel to meet up with DS at his home in Raleigh, NC for Thanksgiving and will stay there til the Monday after the holiday to try to bypass the holiday traffic. Then it's home by Dec. 1. Much has been planned for while we are at WDW and we have arranged for a Scooter, electric, to be available for DH so we can wander thru the parks at will. The courtesy people were very nice and we will have the Scooter for the 4 days we will be visiting the parks, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, etc. All the busses have electric lifts and the Monorail around Disney is easily boarded by Scooters. It is an outside rental company but renting from Disney is a catch as catch can basis. Also long lines were predicted.
So glad to here that DH is doing so well. Our prayers still follow you!

Marie: That camera must be really something. But you always take good pictures. Looking forward to seening more of your travels.

Ann: The Colonoscopy is a breeze at least it has been for me and I have had them every 3 to 5 years. The first one found a polyp but nothing since, Thank God!!!

Karen: We, too, are keeping you and your dad in our prayers.

Glenda: If you can't go off WW every once in a while you will never stay the course. A break can make everything else more endurable.

Lily: Driving thru wine country is on of our dreams....maybe someday.

There is so much else that I should be doing....guess I had better move on.

If I don't get back before we leave.....Have a great November and Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!!

Gloria
Closed Thread