Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 10:51 PM   #16  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sistas,

I haven't posted in a few days. I had my appointment with the neurosurgeon today and he has said that nothing will change in my spine without surgery. I have 2 discs that are essentially non-existant. He showed me on the MRI films. I have lost 1 inch in height over the last year or so. He said that is where it went. He wants to do a spinal fusion on both sides. He said that the vertebrae are just resting on each other and the nerves. That's why I have so much pain. I told him OK. Have to call next week to schedule the surgery. He said probably sometime before Christmas.

When I got out of the dr's office, I wanted to go next door to KFC & drown my sorrows in some nice greasy fried chicken & tater wedges & something really fat & sweet. But guess what? I didn't. I came on home and ate on plan the rest of the day. A really big victory for me. Any other time I would comfort myself with food. But I've decided I'm going to stay OP and exercise and do all the right things until surgery time. Maybe I can go into this in really good shape. I'll be recouperating for about 6 months. I don't even know if I'll be able to sit here at the computer or not. So ladies, I need your support and prayers more than ever. Can I count on you guys?

I'm going to try going back to work on lite duty on Nov. 1. I need to work a while before the surgery so I can get my disability again. I've used 4 months of it this time. So if I go back to work, the next time I need disability pay, the 6 months will start over. They may fire me if they find out I'm going to have to take off again for surgery. But, if that happens, it happens. I'm sure I could do temp office jobs for awhile. I really do know how to do accounting, payroll and such. I got out of that rat race, but I could go back for awhile.

Ok, I'm rambling now; got to go.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:19 AM   #17  

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Kitty-I am sooooooooooooooooo PROUD of you!!!! Despite your news you remained in control and focused!!!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You know your Sistas will be here for you! I hope all goes well. I hope you are able to work without too much pain, I know it's hard. I don't think they can fire you can they? That would probably be illeagal, I think, or I would hope. Either way you are doing well and will continue to do well. Even after your surgery you can continue your efforts through healthy eating. I hope everything at home is settleing down and that EVERYONE pitches in to help you. You have to create a winning environment and surround yourself with supportive people. We're all rooting for you!!!!!!

As for me I have been on plan for 2 days and exercised 3 times. I am really trying to stay on plan so I can relax a bit and use those flex points this weekend when we go to Pumpkinville.

Have a fabulous Friday Ladies!!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:58 PM   #18  

Hey Sistas!
Kitty that is a huge NSV...I am so very proud of you. You will stay in my prayers...You can definitely count on us...we'll help you through. I think that is a great plan on the exercise and being in the best shape possible before the surgery. Great Mindset..feels good huh?
Misty-Great job staying on plan at the restaurant and for 2 good days...the exercising is awesome! In my post that went missing..I too asked about those MIA's. I hope they return soon!

I have been doing really well...I weigh in tomorrow so I hope I have undone some of the damage I did during the Hurricane. I worked out 4 days so far, 2 with my trainer and I will tomorrow after weigh in. I am taking today off b/c DH is taking me out to dinner and we have a sitter. Have already planned on my dinner pts...and am working down from there so I don't get there and have none left. I tell you what ladies...Christmas will be here before we know it and I personally want to be down 15-20 lbs. I really think I can do it. Maybe we should start our own little Christmas Challenge? What do you guys think? Maybe do a Challenge where we set a total number of lbs we want to lose as a group? Just an idea!!

Well I hope you all are having a great Friday...keep fingers crossed for my WI tomorrow!!
Marcie
Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #19  

Marcie-I'm doing a Chritsmas Challenge on the Dr. Phil board, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see one here too.

I started the challenge several weeks ago right at 200 pounds and so far I am only down 1/2 a pound, b/c I went up then back down. I'd like to see 180 by my last weigh in before the holiday (12/20). When I started that other challenge 20 pounds was a little less than 1.5 pounds a week. So now I will be pushing it to make it. I also committed to originally doing 72 walking workouts that were part of a walking plan I found, but with my ankle injury I can't. So I scaled it back to just 44 (4 times 11 weeks) thirty minute workouts (which I use my new DVDs).

So I'm up for a challenge if you are. Anyone else?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:42 PM   #20  

Kitty we are here for you. You can count on my prayers girl! Having that pinched nerve a few weeks back I can't even imagine your pain. Great plan to get in the best shape possible for surgery it will make everything easier!!!

At my meeting the leader wanted us to all committ to a number of pounds lost for Christmas. This is very depressing to me. Of course I would love to join a challenge and say twenty pounds is doable by Christmas but I have no control over how those pounds roll off. I can tell you ladies this I will stay on program and I will continue to exercise constantly increasing intensity and duration but as to the numbers out of my control dag nab it. If it was in my control I would let all of us drop 50 by Christmas.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #21  

I hear ya Luflic!!!! We can be "perfect" and gain, or slack off and see a loss. I feel a bit like I once again set myself up for failure by choosing taht 20 pound number, but I am gonna try my best. Even one pound off by CHirstma sis one less pound i have to lose, right?

But we could start a challenge thread and those who don't want to commit to a number can choose a goal that fits them and what they need to accomplish to stay on track. It can be drinking your water or simply Doing the Program Maybe a set number of workouts you'd like to finish. What you said, Luflic is perfect "I will stay on program and I will continue to exercise constantly increasing intensity and duratio". I personally, like challenges, they give me a place to focus.

I really hope I can get my 10% by Thanksgiving, that would feel so good. It has taken me so long, if I just focus my engery I can do it.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:44 PM   #22  

Hey- Did you see that Jillian from the biggest loser has a book out? But not just that she is posting once in a while in the Biggest Loser thread. There are some people that got together on there and had some questions. She heard from a client that about this website. So, she posted with answers and suggestions. How cool is that? I think it is super nice of her to do that. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66801 I still like WW, but if teh book is ever in our teeny tiny library I may read it!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #23  

Misty- I did see that...been reading that thread..very very cool. I agree on the Challenge Thread...we can start on and the Xmas Challenge can be whatever you want it to be...weight, water, exercise, days on plan..whichever...I would love to set a goal for number of lbs we could go for as a group? Anyone up for that??
Old 10-21-2005, 05:00 PM   #24  

I'm gonna aim for 20 pounds by x-mas. A poundage goal may not work for everyone, so maybe we could go back to adding up how much we've lost as a group and see what our total is at the end? We used to do that way back when we first got started. But that way everyone can contribute even if they don't pledge to lose a certain amount and if we don't make our personal goal (which we all will, but just in case...LOL) it wouldn't hurt the group goal. Just an idea.

Well my kids are up I guess I should get off the computer LOL
Old 10-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #25  

Hey ladies....Misty-Yea that is what I was talking about as well with setting a goal as a group. Sounds good to me. I would like to lose 20 lbs as well by xmas. I am trying to be as realistic as possible. I have a goal of 12 lbs by Thanksgiving so 20 lbs for xmas would be about right.

Well I went to weigh in today and the road that I know to take to the WI place was closed. I haven't been here too long so I was so upset b/c I didn't know how to get there. I just started making different turns trying to get there. I was about to start crying b/c I really wanted to be at this meeeting, when I looked up and there it was. I was so excited. I lost -2.2 lbs and I am just thrilled. After being off track for 3 weeks and on track only one week...I am really pleased. I did not get my exercise in yesterday b/c DH and I had date night, but Monday will start up another great week. Hope you all are having a great on plan weekend!
Marcie
Closed Thread