Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:32 PM   #76  

Hi Everyone,

We are all ok, but I have really been down in the dumps lately. Mike still has not really begun his job search, and so he is hanging around the house all the time. Everyday I ask him what his plans are and he says "I will be working on my resume". I know this is really tough on him as he was 20 years with the same company. But I am feeling nervous, it has been over 3 months since he was laid off. I have really tried to be positive and encouraging, but it is kind of wearing at this point.

Sorry that I find it hard to be cheery,
Love you all,
Sandy
Old 10-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #77  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
A big hug for you
It's not easy to watch someone go through losing their identity...which when you think about it, is what happened to Mike, in my opinion.
Whether we like to admit it (or not) we really do identify ourselves by our jobs. When I happily quit my job of 24 years, I went through a very unexpected soul-searching period. It was accompanied by a sense of depression, fear, and uncertainty.
Plus, for the guys, it's their masculinity, "the provider" that's compromised. I saw Joe go through it when he was laid off for 3 months. It wasn't easy or pleasant around here!
So....hang in there. Know that I'm thinking of you and that things will turn around.
luv,
~Jen
Old 10-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #78  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

Sandy, like Jen said it's their masculinity/providers. I remember when Pete was laid off for almost 1 year. Boy, did we struggle but by the grace of God we survived it. It wasn't easy so I know what you're going through.

Jen, I haven't weighed myself. I know I gained. I can feel it but I'm just not ready to go back yet. I know you'll be back on track & you'll lose those 3 lbs.

Halloween is here I'm going to buy candy at the last minute. I'm not buying any chocolate. I'll buy candy that I don't like.

Hi to the rest of our group. Hope all is well with everybody.

We turn back the time this weekend. WOOHOO more sleep.

Love you guys
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 10-28-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:32 PM   #79  

Sandy. I saw this with my FIL. He was laid off for awhile. It was very upsetting for him. I agree with Jen wholeheartily. I hope it all works out soon. Hugs to all of you!

Jen,
I have gained so many times. I overcame every one of them and so will you. You can do it. Her GP sent her to a Cardiologist and he did a sonogram. It took like 10 mins. Then they did a Catherization to pinpoint it before the surgery. She is doing much better.

Es,
Hug that puppy for me. That is sad that he misses Suzie. We had 3 chihuahuas and Tikki and Snoopy loved each other. Cocoa was the outsider who stole their treats. When Snoopy died Tikki waited by the door for Snoopy like he always did for him to come back in for like 3 weeks. He would wait for about an hour each time. You can tell by his face he was wondering where he was. I am getting teary eyed writing this and it was 1979.
I just love these little creatures. They better be in Heaven waiting for me.

Also great job on buying candy you don't like.

I hope everyone has a great halloween.
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 10-30-2005, 07:55 AM   #80  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls,

Is our group giving up? I noticed there are very few posts.

Terri, good to hear your sister is feeling much better. How is Brittany? Tell her I'm sending her a cyber {{{hug}}}. I sware these aniimals are little people with fur. They amaze me.

Sandy, I hope today is a better day for you. Mike can collect unemployment for 1 year?

Jen, how's it going? I'm thinking of going back to WW on Wed. I have to get out of this funk. How's Joey & Iliana?

I bought the candy. I make up bags so that's what I'll be doing this evening.

Hi to the rest of the gang. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hugs,
Es
Old 11-01-2005, 06:58 AM   #81  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Whew! I'm sooo glad that the last month is behind us. Too many events, celebrations and too much temptation. Of course I didn't have to give in to it, but I did, and no other excuse
I'm so looking forward to getting back to the basics. I need to journal, get in my water and count points!
Halloween was fun. The boys looked great, Brandon was a devil and Matt an (American) indian. Bubba came over with her girls, Joey and Ili were also here. Joe and I both had the day off.

Es,
I'm going back today. God only knows what the scale will say; as of last week I was up 3 and still didn't stop myself. I originally began weighing in on Tuesdays, but switched to Saturday mornings...which I prefer, but it's a hassle to get up and out on a day off, especially now that it's cold weather. I'll see how Tuesdays go.
Let's not let our group wither away!

Terri,
What a story about your chihuahuas, I was teary eyed. How's teaching?

Sandy,
I've been thinking of you and Mike. Hope all is okay and that you're both coping.

~Jen
Old 11-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #82  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

Jen, the past 2 days have been tough. There is chocolate everywhere at work! I wish I could do WW at work again. I can't get enough people. It was so convenient. Anyway, Halloween was nice. By 7:30 it was quiet. I got rid of all the candy. Hope your WI went well.

Terri, I think Sammy finally gave up on waiting for Susie to come out the room. I wish I could get a companion for him but Pete doesn't want another dog.

I hope Dianne, Zoe, Janie, Ruth come back. We haven't heard from Ruth in a very long time. There was Linda too. Stop in & say hi.

Hugs,
Es
Old 11-02-2005, 09:09 PM   #83  

I know what you mean. I don't want the group to die out. Let's stay and I'll bet it will get busy again.

Jen,
I would rather have Tuesday too. Good luck!
Matthew and Brandon sound so cute. Wait til they are my boys' ages. Bradley was a guy that was in an accident. They both put fake blood on their shirts. Bradley had scars andf "glass" sticking out of his face.
No more cute costumes. LOL

Es,
Poor little Sammy. When they wait it is sad. He'll be ok.
Great job on getting rid of the candy.

I worked all this week so far. I hate not knowing ahead of time but it is ok once I get there. I had 1st grade and then 6th the next day. I'd rather have 6th. Those little ones would not stop talking.

Going for a walk.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 11-03-2005, 08:53 AM   #84  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
It sounds as though you're working full time...was that your intent? Your boys sound as tho they had the perfect Halloween costumes...gory and yucky! I was going to dress up as a witch, but pooped out at the last minute..perhaps next year.

Es,
Work is an everyday nightmare in terms of food. I've usually been able to walk past it and ignore it, or go with just veggies if it's a big selection. The last 2 or 3 weeks were bad, and I gave in to lots of chocolate.
I did go to a meeting on Tuesday, and am feeling in control again. I cannot lose sight of my long term goal...to be out of plus sizes for Joey's wedding in May.
My SIL is doing very well, 77 pounds lost! She sets short term goals for herself and has been successful in meeting them all.

Sandy,
Am thinking of you and Mike and hope you're coping.

Dianne,
Where are you??? I miss you!

Zoe,
Still around? Pop in and say hi, why don't you?

Thanksgiving is 3 weeks from today how did the holidays creep up on us so quickly?

have to run to work, later!
~Jen

Old 11-03-2005, 12:44 PM   #85  

Jen,
I don't mind at all. I like getting off at 2:40. That is so sweet. I can still do alot at home before supper. The kids and Bruce help a lot. Bruce makes the bed every morning and cleans the bathroom and makes sure the dishwasher gets filled and other odd jobs. It feels good to see the kids doing things without telling them.
I know you will be out of plus sizes by the wedding. Never lose sight of the long term goal.

Hi everyone!
Terri
Old 11-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #86  
Queen of the Fresh Start

"Never lose sight of the long term goal" Terri, thanks!!

It's far too easy to worry about the day-to-day issues, when the big picture is what counts. Thanks for the reminder.

~Jen
Old 11-04-2005, 10:51 PM   #87  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I just received the news that my Aunt Ginny passed away today.
Such sad news is mixed with happiness in that she's finally with all those she has loved and lost.
Yet it's difficult to have to say goodbye.
I'm so happy that we went to visit her when Kathie was in town.
love you all,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 11-04-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:08 AM   #88  
NeverGiveUp

Unhappy

Jen, I am so sorry to hear about Aunt Ginny. My deepest sympathy.

Hugs, Es
Old 11-06-2005, 07:05 AM   #89  
NeverGiveUp

Exclamation

see you at #176
Closed Thread