Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 AM   #61  

Es,
My sister is 50 this year. She will be having the surgery on the 19th.
I just noticed the image on your post. So precious. Give that Sammy a hug from us.

Jen,
10 years already? WOW!!!!! Hope it was a fub time. I am sure it was. Tell him happy birthday for me.
Congrats on the loss. Keep it up. I cannot believe that Jackie died a year ago already. So sad.

Sandy,
Wow, Red Sox and White Sox. Good luck tomorrow.
Great plan Sandy. It is hard if there is someone else with you most of the time and you cook for them. Keep up your determination.

Dianne,
You sound busy. Hope you can relax soon.

We are on Fall break next week. Bruce, the boys and I are leaving for Williamsburg, Va. on Sat. Britts has midterms and work so she will watch the
pets. I am nervous leaving her. Never did it before. She is 19 and she is having a friend over part of the time to stay with her. I also worry about my mom. Will I ever relax again. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri

p.s.
HUGS ES! Suzie was so lucky to have you guys as family.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:59 AM   #62  
Queen of the Fresh Start

This morning I attended the 6 a.m. WW meeting, a great way to start a Saturday Had a maintain..my weight stayed exactly the same as last week. It's been a bit difficult to stay motivated and on program, and certainly showed on the scale. I'm facing this with a new resolve and will post a loss next Saturday!

Es,
I hope you're okay, have been thinking of you.

Sandy,
Sorry about the Red Sox. Can't say I'm a White Sox fan even tho I'm from Chicago.

Terri,
Enjoy your trip. Britts will be fine! The first time leaving one of them alone is the hardest.

Hope you all have a great weekend. HI to Dianne, Zoe and everyone else.
~Jen
Old 10-08-2005, 09:38 AM   #63  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hii Girls,

Sorry I haven't been here as often as I should. WW? What WW? Haven't been able to plan, haven't journaled. I was doing so well till this happened. I'm leaving for Florida this Friday.

Jen, the earliest meetings we have here are at 7:AM. A maintain is better than a gain.

Terri, Britt is such a good girl. She will be fine. Your sister will be in my prayers. Thanks for the big hug. I needed it.

Hi Amiga, Sandy, Zoe & the rest of the gang.

Luv u's
Es
Old 10-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #64  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
You're not following WW? So what???!!! Life is much more than just what we weigh....please remember that we've gone beyond dieting, and are now friends, you can't get rid of me
Your trip to Florida came up so quickly! I was surprised to hear you're leaving this week. Hope you have a wonderful time and that you get to soak up some sun. Who are you visiting again? I've forgotten, sorry!

Terri,
You're in Virginia, and I'll bet Brittany is enjoying her newfound "adult" time being the house-sitter! Hope you're having fun.

Dianne,
How's work? Calmed down any? We're busy again, it can really take alot out of you, doesn't it? By the end of some days, I'm pooped.

Sandy,
I've been thinking of you and hope that you're adjusting to having company around the house during the day. I'm hoping that the cooking/food issue is becoming a bit easier for you. Is Mike hopeful about his job prospects?

One of my co-workers and I have begun walking during our lunch hour. We work in an 81 year old building that used to house the village's high school. There's a 1/4 mile track behind the hall, which residents and employees use. It's so convenient to have it there! We're also next door to the park district building, which has an indoor track that they allow village employees to use at no charge. With winter coming, we'll move indoors to use that.
Now I have no excuse to not walk! So far we're only doing one mile (just began this week) but my goal is to get two miles in each lunchtime.

HI to everyone. Miss you all!
~Jen
Old 10-16-2005, 02:14 PM   #65  

Jen,
HI! That is great about the track. That will be great!!!!!! Good luck! Great on the maintain.

Es,
Jen is right. We are soo much more than weiging friends now.
I hope you are doing ok. Hope you have a great time in Florida.

We had a great time in Virginia. We went to Colonial Williamsburgh, Jamestown and Yorktown. We went to Norfolk to see the Wisconsin Battleship from WWII, Korea, Vietnam and the Persion Gulf. We went to Kitty Hawk N.C. and then up the coast in the outerbanks in N.C. to climb (200 steps) the Lighthouse on the tip. The homes there (rentals) are gorgeous. They are all pastel colors and they fit in along the ocean beautifully. It was eerie because it is off season and the ocean looked lonely.
We went to Virginia Beach and I walked in the ocean for about a mile one way and then I walked back. Bruce took the boys on the boardwalk for the walk back so I could be alone. There were only about 3 people out on the beach. It was soooooo peaceful. I have never been to a beach in the off season. I loved it.
The last day we were there we went to Busch Gardens. They had a blast. It was Hallowscream. The park turned into a big Haunted Park at night. No lines for any rides. Off season is the way to go. We went on major rollercoasters (5 of them) in no time at all.
Britts did great. I am so proud of her. We bought her lots of stuff. When we got home she hugged us. She actually waited a good half hour before asking for her stuff. It is nice being home.

Now back to weight loss.

Luv y'all,
Terri
Old 10-17-2005, 06:04 AM   #66  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
It sounds as though you had a busy and interesting trip. The beach must have been wonderful.

My sister Kathie called on Saturday, she's coming up today to spend a week! Her last chemo was Friday and she's thankfully not experiencing too much nausea. She begins 7 weeks of radiation on Nov. 7th, so this was the perfect time for her to make the trip. Otherwise it wouldn't happen till next spring. We haven't seen her since last December when my brother passed away.
It looks as though she may spend the entire week at our home rather than doing too much driving around to all her daughters', which are really spread throughout the Chicagoland area.

Hope all is well with everyone. I've been struggling terribly, have to stop it and get back on program. No losses in too long.

~Jen
Old 10-17-2005, 09:53 PM   #67  

Jen,
That is wonderful. What do the Drs. say? I know you will all have a wonderful time. Are her daughters coming over?
Luv ya,
Terri
Old 10-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #68  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Talking

Terri, my sister is doing very well! She has lost her hair, and usually wears a scarf or bandana. But she looks wonderful, and is very positive. Her dr. is pleased with her progress/condition. She will undergo 7 weeks of radiation, to be followed by preventative chemo. He said the worst is behind her in terms of treatments.
We're staying up late talking, and it's such a joy to have her here.
Tonight she's staying at one of her daughters, they're having a mini slumber party with some old friends of hers. Tomorrow we're going to visit Aunt Ginny and bring along a little tea party for her.

Where the heck is everyone????????

Es, hope you're having a great time in Florida, and that you're not in the hurricane's path!

HI to everyone,
~Jen
Old 10-21-2005, 12:11 AM   #69  

Oh Jen. That sounds like such fun. I am so glad she is doing better.
Give her lots of hugs.

My sister had her surgery yesterday. She is pretty sore but relieved.

Where is everyone?
I started substituting yesterday. I want to get my Alabama Liscense so I can get paid more. I'm looking into it.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-21-2005, 07:47 AM   #70  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Wasn't the surgery for the carotid artery? What did they do? Good to hear she's ok.
How often are you teaching? That's great! My Mom used to sub, she was picky tho...wouldn't accept anything over 5th grade cause she didn't want to deal with discipline issues

take care,
Jen
Old 10-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #71  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

I'm back. I came back with quite a tan. We left a day early because of the hurricane but that's okay because I really missed Pete & Sammy. I'll never go away without Pete again. Had an okay visit with the family. Everybody was busy working etc. It wasn't want we expected but like I said that's okay. I couldn't wait to get back to LONG ISLAND. I'm so glad David came with me. We sat by the pool & had quite a few pina coladas. We had great weather.

Terri, happy to hear your Mom is fine also that you had a nice time in VA. Please give Britt a hug for me.

Jen, thank God your sister is doing well. Her hair will grow back. Bandanas are in style now anyway so I know she's looking cool. I'm struggling big time! I will get back on track eventually. Oh, BTW, I went to visit my sister & my nephew & his kids. Good going with your walking.

Missed all of you.

Love you very much
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 10-21-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:37 AM   #72  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
So glad you had a good time! And that you avoided the hurricane.

I've been off program the entire week and can feel it. I'm having one of my fresh starts tomorrow. Missed two meetings in a row, so may just rejoin and start from week one again, I'll see what my leader recomends.

Kathie leaves our home today. One of her daughters is having a 1st bday party for her son, they'll all be together then she'll go spend the night at one of her girls' before leaving tomorrow. It's been so nice having her here and being together. I hate to see her leave and dread saying goodbye.

Today's Joey's birthday...how can my baby be 27?!? Joe and I are going to brunch with Iliana and Joey.

HI to everyone.

~Jen
Old 10-23-2005, 01:25 PM   #73  

Jen,
Happy Birthday to Joey. Oh to be 27 again.
I know you'll have a great time at brunch.
Yes, her surgery was for the carotid artery. Her throat is hurting right now.
Her throat was swollen from all the instruments they put down there.
It will be a couple of weeks til she feels normal. Her other artery isn't blocked. Just the one. I am going to get mine checked since it is hereditary. She had to stay all night and was home the next afternoon.
I taught three days last week. I hope I get called a few days this week.
I like teaching the little ones too. I had 5th grade and they were so good. They did not want to deal with Mrs. Brown's disciplinary actions the next day. She laid the law down. I do not want to go into the Middle Schools. They scare me. My boys want me to though.

Es,
I am glad you are home safely. I don't like going anywhere without Bruce. I feel so safe with him. I am glad David was with you.
I'll bet your tan looks great. How did Sammy react when you came home?

I am listening to the Steelers on the radio on the PC. Bruce got me a sub. for Real Radio so I can. I switched my store days to Sunday in case I get called to work. I hate not knowing til the morning of.
I hope y'all have a great Sunday.

Terri
Old 10-23-2005, 06:15 PM   #74  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Terri, I'm so glad to hear you're teaching the little ones. They must be so cute. When I got home Sammy didn't know what to do. He hasn't left my side. He's a little down today. I guess he's missing Susie. I went out & bought him a toy. I pray your sister will be back to normal real soon.

Jen, I hate good-byes I usually say see you soon. Happy Birthday to Joey Hope you had a nice brunch. I heard there is a very good WW leader on Wednesdays. Maybe I'll rejoin. I just don't have it in me. We'll see.

Hi to the rest of the girls.

Be back soon.
Hugs, Es
Old 10-24-2005, 10:07 PM   #75  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Sammy must have been one happy puppy to see you!!! I don't think I'd be able to take a trip anywhere without Joe, I depend on him too much; he's my rock.

Terri,
What procedure do they use to screem for blockages in your carotid artery? Glad to hear your sister came through it all well. How is your Mother?

It's so disappointing to not hear from the rest of the girls! Dianne, Zoe, Sandy....I know we all have a tendency to stay away from the boards if we're not losing. Well, I gained 3 pounds, have missed two weigh ins...and am still here! I'm going back on Saturday to face the music.

I hope we hear from those missing, and that all is well with them.

have a great week,
~Jen
Closed Thread