Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #31  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
I can stay away from the candy and cookies (except at Christmas). It's the pasta and bread that get me. Whenever our son comes for a meal, I make sure we have some kind of bread or rolls. He loves that.
I just need to exercise every day. When I do that, I get the metabolism going and I start losing.

Mimi, I wish you could come down here and help me finish painting. I've got to get in high gear. I'm not sure when our new sleeper sofa will arrive.
I'm getting up bright and early tomorrow and finish the priming. (I goofed off royally today.)
Tammy---I'm so glad you had a good trip.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #32  
Susan

I'm a bread lover too!!! I love anything that is a carb and not healthy for you!

I survived my first day of school. I had one young lady cry from 8:30-10:00, she was not a happy camper. She kept gathering up all of her things and was bolting for the door. We had to stand at the door to keep her in the room. Then once she decided she was staying she had a great day.

Well, off to print some pictures of my class for my board.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:24 AM   #33  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

auntie I'm studying Computer Science, and I'll get my teaching certificate - hopefully I'll teach middle school students computer courses, if not - I'll be teaching out of field for awhile :c)

I'm so addicted to the cookies/candies, too. But, I have also found that if I leave them out, I crave them less. The more I eat, the more I want. I wonder if this is a genetic thing? I have friends who could have one and stop!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:16 AM   #34  

Tina, I'm with you on the pasta and breads.
I wanted to sleep in today, but the guys were here to do the landscaping that we're having done. They started right outside the bedroom window. It almost sounded like they were right in the room with me! Scary!!

Susan, I will be the one crying and bolting for the door on Aug. 29. lol I really need to figure out what I'm doing in the room. I was there on Sunday and just walked around in circles! lol Today I'm taking Tim with me. Then we can both walk in circles.

Erin, good luck with computer science! My brother taught computer/business classes for quite a few years. He is now in charge of all of the technology in the school district where he started out. If I have problems, I call him. Our tech person in our district isn't quite as good as my brother. Don't tell him I said that. I don't want him to get a big head!! lol

I'm starting my 29th year of teaching. I've taught 5th, 7th, 8th, 2nd, and this is my first year at 4th grade. I'm very nervous about it, but I know I'll have support from the other teachers. Our administration and school board are all idiots.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:53 AM   #35  

Bread. Bread. Bread. That's my biggest weakness. Especially when is hot! I used to have to buy 2 loaves of fresh french bread when grocery shoping and eat half of one on the way home. I would get home and Rob would look at me and say "was it hot (with a smile)".

I salute you teachers. You are our unsung heros!

I started to school for elementary education and ended up getting my degree in accounting.

These days I am busy with girl scouts. I have a troop of 15 third grade Brownies and run the cookie and nut sales for 20 troops in our service unit.
It is a good thing that cookies are not my favorite, because if they where that would be a bad combination.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:13 AM   #36  
Thursday Lady

I can see I'm not alone, being a major bread eater.

Amy, my mother was a Girl Scout leader for years. She also worked in the main office for awhile.
One year, I was in charge of candy sales for David's Little League team. All those boxes of candy bars---chocolate with almonds........ (Back then I was at least 15 pounds lighter )

Everyone stay safe and OP today.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #37  

Hey! My mother was a Girl Scout leader too! I think we are all related. I was Tim's den leader for Cub Scouts and also coached some of his little league baseball teams. What a riot!

Well, I've been to school twice today. I did get some things accomplished, but there is so much more to do. The custodian told me that the floor in my room needs to be waxed, and they won't get to it until next week. I'm not going to get too upset about it, because it really needs to be done. Most of the rooms are only being mopped, not waxed. Because of that, I can't put things on the shelves or on desks in the room since they'll have to be moved for the waxing. I'm going to try to get the bulletin boards done this week. Then I'll feel like I'm really accomplishing something.

I'm chaperoning the band to a band show at a county fair about an hour north of here tomorrow night. We go early, eat supper, then the show. I get to do my first announcement for the year! I'm really going to miss the chaperoning next year. I might continue to do the announcing for the football games though, so I'd still be hanging out with the band after Tim graduates.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #38  
Susan

Hi,

Ok now get this for the story of the day....... I got to school and we had NO ELECTRICITY. It went out yesterday at 4:00. It was hot and dark. We had to walk over to the senior high and stayed there until 12:30, they feed us hamburgers and chips for lunch. It was an interesting second day of school. My bolting young lady had decided that she loves me and had a great day.

Tina, did you get your painting done?

Amy, I'm so proud of you!!! You never cease to amaze me.... I don't think I would EVER be organized to all that you do!!!!

Tammy, I know everything will be perfect when school starts for you? What day do you start?

Erin, Good for you going to school.

Mimi, I wanted to tell you something and already forgot. If I think of it, I'll post again. I think I might be losing it.

Have a great evening.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:42 PM   #39  
Workin' hard!

Tammy - I was a secretary for the data department for our schools for quite awhile (actually quite a few school districts, since it was a consortium) I have to agree with you - many times the board members and administrators are clueless as to the actual needs of the teachers/students.

Little Sis - that's pretty cool that you do alot with Girl Scouts - my daughter really wants to join, so I think I'm going to let her this year :c) You're so blessed that you don't fall into the cookie temptation. That's where it's at for me. I love cookies. I think 20 of the 75 pounds I gained with my last pregnancy were from girl scout cookies!!!!

auntie - I can't believe there was no electricity!! I'm sure that made for an exciting day!!! LOL! I'm glad you're little girl who liked to bolt stayed put today :c)

Well, we are part of this survey website, and we were chosen to be taste testers for some oreo products. We were sent a box of oreos in the mail that we all had to try. (It's a blind taste test, so I have no idea what's different about these oreos) Anyway...I had about 6 too many oreos :c( I'm not sure how the exercise points work, but I'm going to go paint my living room for a while...I hope I work some of those evil cookies off!!!! IF I had never eaten one... LOL!

Other than that, I've had a great OP day - and I've really not done to much damage...

I hope you ladies had a great day,too!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #40  
Thursday Lady

Default Weird!!!!!

I had to log in this morning. No wonder I didn't get a message about all the posts yesterday evening. Hmmm?????? Wonder what happened?????

I'm still painting. I don't think I'll ever paint again.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #41  
Susan

Hope everyone had a good day! Mine was pretty good. My girl tried to bolt again but we gave her a snack and she decided to stay.

Tina, every now and then mine does the same thing. I don't like it when it does it. Do you still have a lot of painting left?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:48 PM   #42  
Workin' hard!

I never get messages about the posts? Am I supposed to?

I weigh in today! My first one since being OP. I'm so nervous! LOL!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #43  
Susan

Erin,
You have to subscribe to the messages to notify you. The next time you post go all the way down tot he bottom of the page and it will say "subscribe" and it will give you several options.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #44  
GoddessInclined

What a schmaltz I've been, not checking in!!!! I'm very sorry, chicks, my schedule has been completely insane lately.

We're getting ready to move, and getting the place we're moving into ready as well. I'm trying to finish up this project I'm working on so that I can be done at this job, and training to start another job at the same time. On top of all that, my body HATES me, and is telling me so by indigestion, headaches, and other various scatalogical problems. Is it too late to trade in for a more convenient, lower maintenance model?

So anyway....Sue, I am sorry to hear about Betty.

Tammy, congrats on your 29th year of teaching!!! I feel as though I'm on my 29th year of trying to become a teacher.

And to the rest of you.....greetings! And sorry I've been so infrequent...will try to do better despite moving madness.

all my love and have a great weekend!!! jody
Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #45  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,

Erin, look at the top of this page and you'll see it says, "User CP." Click on that. Look down the left side until you see something like User Subscriptions. Click on that and you can add the threads you go to. Then, every time one of us posts a message, you'll get an e-mail. (Hope that was clearer than mud. )

Jody, it's about time we heard from you!!!!! Are you moving in the same area of town? I hope you aren't having to paint. I've been painting one of our bedrooms. Yuck!

Susan, I'm glad this is your last day of work for the first week!!!! Hopefully you can rest.
Tammy, have fun at the county fair.
Amy, do you have all the back-to-school supplies ready?
Sis, how was your vacation? I hope you took it easy. Have you gone to the nutritionist yet?
Mimi, I'm still waiting for you to come help me finish painting.

It's hot here. I'm really trying to drink a lot of water.
I'm looking forward to the weekend. Maybe a movie is in my future!!!!
I'll try to stay away from the movie popcorn.
Closed Thread