Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 07:06 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fabulous 40's and Fit 50's! #166

Good Monday morning,
It's been sooo quiet in here! I'm sure it's due to the time of year...holidays are creeping up on us, aren't they?

Sandy,
Great job on your first week! 4 pounds is wonderful
Break a leg to Greg; what play is he in?

I've got that "fresh start" urge again. It usually comes upon me on Monday morning. Have to start somewhere.

HI to all!
~Jen
Old 11-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #2  

Sandy,
CONGRATS on the 4 lbs. "weigh to go".
What play is Greg in? That is so cool!

Es,
I don't blame y'all for wanting to change weigh-in day from Monday. I like the weekend to use for saltier foods that I don't eat before weigh-in. Doesn't mean you aren't within points but the water takes a couple days to leave.
Good luck.

Hi everybody. I am on CORE this week. I love grabbing milk or a banana without worrying. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

Terri
Old 11-09-2004, 06:01 PM   #3  

Hi Buddies,

Hope everyone is well, it sure is quiet here. I am really enjoying using the core plan again on my second week. I hope I will have another good weigh in on Friday. The holidays coming up are alway a tough time for me to stick with any plan, but I hope to continue throughout.

Jen, Go with your good impulses, every fresh start may be the "click" that will do the trick! I would love to see us all supporting each other with lots of positive feedback.

Greg is in "Our Town" by Thornton Wilder. It is not the typical play that the HS has done so far which is usually a comedy. This play really explores the meaning of appreciating one's life on earth. Greg is playing the part of the omniscient Stage Manager. He will be on stage pretty much throughout narrating the story. He is looking forward to it as he figures that it will look good on his acting resume.

Hi Terri, Es, Dianne, Zoe, Ruth, Lana, Donna and Janie!

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 11-11-2004, 09:29 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
I'm not familiar with "Our Town"; have heard of it. It sounds as though Greg is serious about a future acting career. More power to him! Perhaps we can say we knew him when? Seriously...it's great that he's got a passion, something to keep him grounded. Very few people experience that.

How is everyone???

Had today off..went shopping and got some Christmas gifts out of the way

This arrangement of having Jess come over and clean is working out very well for us both. I LOVE to come home to a clean house with freshly washed/waxed floors, bathrooms, etc., and I didn't have to do it!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.
~Jen
Old 11-13-2004, 07:43 AM   #5  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Thumbs up

Hello my friends,

How is everybody? Working five days doesn't give me much time for myself. Less time to go online.

We're doing well with WW at work. The people on Core are the ones losing. Every week I say I'm going to try it but end up doing flex.

I went for a physical the other day & one of the receptionists lost 80 lbs. I swore she was going to say she lost on Atkins since everyone there lost on Atkins but to my surprise she lost it on her own with WW Flex! I was telling her about Core & she's going to try it. I have an extra book that I can give her. I really admire those who do it on there own. She really doesn't need to lose anymore weight. She looks so pretty.

Jen, I wish I could start my Christmas shopping. It's great getting it out of the way early.

Sandy, WTG with your loss. Keep it up & you'll continue throughout the holidays. I know it's tough but you can do it. I think Flex would be easier to follow during the holidays. Don't you think?

Dianne, I miss you. Did you move yet?

Ruth, hope all is well with you & your family.

Hope to see more posts this weekend. We need eachother. Especially now with Thanksgiving & Christmas. Too many challenges.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 11-13-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:07 AM   #6  

Good Morning Buddies

Does anyone else have any snow yet? We got about 3-4 inches overnight. I am not ready for winter yet, I actually planted the last few crocus bulbs this past week. I am not a snowbunny, and I am counting the months until spring.

I had another good week at WW, I lost 1.8 and I am now down by 5.8.
I am using the core plan and also had a good week as far as getting to the gym and using my treadmill. This time I am not taking anything for granted, and I am just taking it one day at a time.

Jen, that sounds like a wonderful deal to have help with the house. I love my guys, but they are all oblivious to the conditions here. Whiskers in the sink, cobwebs? ARGH!

Es, I keep thinking that I will eventually get back to work full time, but I would probably freak at having so little free time. Yesterday at my WW meeting the leader said that people lose with core, but it tends to be slower unless they are really conscientious about their portion sizes.
I am using core, but also eating all 35 of my flexpoints each week.

Well, I have to head up to the high school to work on the costumes, the play opens this coming Thursday.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Sandy

Old 11-13-2004, 01:18 PM   #7  

Sandy,
Congrats on your losses. I love the CORE plan. I still go back and forth though.
Have fun with the play.
I love Our Town. Tell Greg good luck. He will be great!!!!!

Es,
Don't work to hard. I think Core would be pretty easy too during the Holidays with the meat and potatoes and such and I definitely will use the weekly allowance points. I will probably go back and forth then too.
I came back from Ohio after 2 weeks with a 1.8 pound gain. I was so happy with a gain then. I have come back after Christmas with a 10 pound gain before in Christmas pasts.

Jen,
That is wonderful that your daughter and you have this wonderful arrangement. That would be great to have someone you can trust.

I lost .2 this week.
There was a saying that our leader read to us that I loved.
"The only place success is before work is in the dictionary".

TTYL,
Terri
Old 11-17-2004, 01:14 AM   #8  

Just a quick note, life has been pretty hectic here. Dylan seems to be doing fine. The doctors are calling it epilepsy which basically means they don't know what caused the seizures.

The bad news is that my father was diagnosed with lung and liver cancer. He has only had one chemo treatment because of the liver. The doctors were hoping that the one treatment would start reducing tumors in the liver allowing it to start functioning. The swelling was so bad on the 13th that I had to take him back to the VA. He had developed blisters on the side of his leg where the fluid was trying to escape his body. He was also very jaundice. Due to the problems with his leg swelling and his mental state (still very confused, but no where as bad as this summer) we put daddy in a nursing home temporarily while I'm in school. He is in our hometown, so his brothers and friends are able to visit during the week and I will go on the weekends. The good news is that the swelling has starting going down as of this weekend and the jaundice seems to have improved. I am hopeful that he will be able to have more chemo now and perhaps survive long enough to see me graduate. Something we both wanted very badly. Also he may be able to go home for a while if we can get home health care and perhaps a housekeeper during the week. Please keep us in your prayers.

Well, I better run, need to be studying for a test tomorrow.

Ruth

Last edited by short & sassy; 11-17-2004 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:59 AM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ruth,
What a difficult time for your Father, you, and your family. I hope he is not in pain, and can rest comfortably. Please make sure to take good care of yourself, this is a very stressful time. You are all in my prayers.
love,
Jen
Old 11-17-2004, 08:09 AM   #10  

Hi Ruth,

I was hoping to hear that your hectic life simply meant school was taking all of your attention. I am sorry to hear that your dad is so ill. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. The nursing home seems like the best solution for the time being, it is good to hear that he has his brothers and friends for support too.

Take care,
Sandy
Old 11-18-2004, 04:40 AM   #11  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Unhappy

Hi Girls,

I'll be back soon.

Ruth, my thoughts & prayers go out to you.

Hugs,
Es

Old 11-18-2004, 02:58 PM   #12  

Ruth,
I am so sorry about your dad. You will all be in our prayers.
Hope you did well on your test.

Terri
Old 11-20-2004, 07:10 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

The holidays are upon us, how do they creep up so quickly I've gotten some Christmas shopping finished, but so much for having it done by Thanksgiving

Joe had a checkup with his cardiologist; all is good, he's lost 5 pounds, needs to lose 10 more. The dr. changed his cholesterol-reducing med. from Pravachol to Crestor. The very next day the front page of the newspaper featured an article about the shortcomings of the FDA (after the Vioxx fiasco), which went on to say that Crestor is one of the top 5 next dangerous/doubtful drugs, can lead to renal failure. He's put in a message to his dr., there's more we need to know before making the change. Kind of scary to not be able to even trust the FDA any longer.

On Thursday evening we attended an employee appreciation banquet, hosted by the mayor and council members of the village I work for. It was a very nice evening, free to us and our guests..prime rib dinner, open bar. Joe was able to meet my co-workers, which was nice. There were about 200 people there, a good turnout.

I've dusted off the treadmill and have been getting up before the alarm to walk. It really gives me more energy throughout the day.

I miss getting in here on a regular basis to "talk" to all of you. We've been together for so long, I don't want our group to fall apart.

Terri, Es, Dianne, Zoe, Janie, Sandy, Ruth, Linda...you are all in my thoughts.
~Jen
Old 11-20-2004, 08:47 PM   #14  

Jen,
Congrats to Joe with his checkup. Scary stuff about Crestor. Let us know what his Dr. says.
Don't ya love feeling appreciated? Glad you had a great time.
That is fantastic about the treadmill Jen. You are getting healthier every day. Getting up like that early is a real mood lifter.

My right thumb got infected somehow and it is about 3 times its normal size. I went to the Dr. and I am on powerful antibiotics and pain pills. I have never had anything (except childbirth) hurt this much. It is constantly throbbing and feels like a knife is being stuck into it.
I hope the pain lets up by tomorrow. I didn't sleep but about an hour the last 2 nights.
Had this ever happened to anyone?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Terri
Old 11-21-2004, 05:24 AM   #15  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
OUCH!!! you poor thing, that thumb sounds very painful. Does the infection stem from a cut or hangnail? I've never experienced that. I hope you can get some rest, you must be wiped out. Let us know how it goes.
have a good Sunday,
~Jen
Closed Thread