Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 01:29 PM   #16  
gettn' strong in 2002

Well.........la...tee.......da....!!
This little(well, ok, NOT little.......) farmgal has never seen a million dollar house. Are you two sippn' tea or slurpn' back a beer?? They probably don't even serve beer in that area, huh!?
Kidding aside..........I hope you 2 have a great time. So glad that you get to meet

It's getting to 86 F here today I do not like that!
Last week I had on my winter jacket and headband

Gotta run; get some work done before the heat
Old 04-28-2001, 09:16 PM   #17  

Ok, Ok, I'll let it all be known...

We did get to see each other, just had to take the long way to get there. LOL

I got to the "Rich and Famous" Mall and wandered around for a bit and then my cell phone went off. It was Theresa telling me that she, the kids (Kevin and Stephanie) and her sister were running a little late and would be there in about 45 minutes. Ok, this wasn't a problem. I just looked around at the things I wouldn't buy. When you see a tee shirt that is $98, well I know I'm in the wrong place for sure. No bargains here. LOL (Right Cindy!) So anyway, about 45 minutes later my phone goes off again. This time Theresa is at the Mall that I had asked her if we could meet at because I thought it might be a little easier with the kids. The "Ritzy" mall had told her to go there to get a stroller for the kids. Mind you this is about 10 miles away! So I told her to stay where she was and I would hop back on the Metro and be there within 1/2 hour and to call me then and I'd find her. Well I got into the parking lot, did my walking for the day LOL, and my phone goes off again. She told me where she was and I found her easily this time. It was great to finally meet at last. We tried to go into a resturant in the mall, but at this point it was 12:45 and the kids were really getting hungry and I didn't blame them. The resturant told us a 45 min. wait. So we just got a sandwich at a Jerry's Sub Shop and got the kids lunch. Now, now I know you all think we did things wrong by going there, but I am here to say that we both had the "grilled" low fat chicken sandwich, 7gms of fat total! I think we did really well. We spent the whole time at lunch eating and talking (were your ears burning????? LOL). I don't think we left out any of you. Then we walked the mall and looked at clothes and anything else that caught our eyes. I really enjoyed the time with Theresa thoroughly. She is a fun (but very tired - with all the walking she's done who wouldn't be LOL) really friendly person and I feel lucky to have her as a great friend!

About 2:30 we both decided it was time to go back to the Metro and head back home for both of us. She and her family were going to dinner at my favorite seafood resturant in DC at 6:00 p.m. and she and the kids needed a well deserved breather before they went. I went back and got my car and came home to find my house had be straightened up by my gang and we took off out of here and went out to dinner at TGI Fridays and did a little shopping.

Today couldn't have been better (with the exceptions of me giving Theresa my DH's cell phone number, no problem Rachel answered and said "are you my mom's friend" and gave her the right number LOL) and the nut case that told Theresa where to get a stroller, which in the end happened to be a red wagon that she got at KB Toys. LOL I think we will remember this for a long time to come.

By the way Theresa's sister did take pictures of us (she is just as sweet as her sister!) and Theresa will get them to you after we decide if they are showable. LOL

Also, Theresa I told DH about coming your way this summer and we are going to start some planning. Are you really ready for this????? LOL

Talk to you all tomorrow. I'm going to go enjoy my bed tonight.

Lynn
Old 04-28-2001, 09:28 PM   #18  
LIFETIMER

WHOA WHOA-----sounds like Lynn and Theresa had a good time, thats too funny how it all happened, but I'm glad it did.

Lynn-whats this about you being in Theresa area this summer? WHEN? I'm planning a trip there too, wouldn't it be ahoot if we were all there at the same time. THERESA are your ears burning.

Gotta run, we're going to my son's prom, all parents of seniors are invited for the slide presentation/. Christopher told me there were alot of pictures of AIMEE in the presentation, this is going to be hard for those kids, and her parents are going to be there too.

cindy
Old 04-30-2001, 07:06 AM   #19  

Good Morning Everyone!

Just a quick post to say I have an all day outdoor field trip with Barry's science class. Don't know exactly where we are headed. Either up county, to see the area around Camp David (hope Bush isn't there LOL) or down county to the Potomac River. Guess it will have to be a surprize. They do one half of this trip today and the other tomorrow. Wonderful weather though!!!

Cindy - When exactly are you going up to see Theresa??? We were talking about making it a 3 some!

Theresa - Did you get home OK? I saw that the DC cops were so surprized that is confrontation didn't happen. Made for a very quiet weekend for them, how about you???

Jill - We drank soda and tea. Didn't want to make the wrong impression for the little ones. LOL LOL LOL

Hi to everyone else. I won't get home until around 3:15, so if I get the chance I'll check in then.

Enjoy the day!

Lynn

Last edited by Zippy; 04-30-2001 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-30-2001, 07:50 AM   #20  
Princess Buttercup

Hey Everyone!

Hafta make this quick. we're having a DSL installed today. so I may be with out a computer......not sure how it's going to work. he's supposed to be here around 8 this morning. and my email addy will be changing.

Had a great time meeting Lynn, despite what I went through to meet up with her! She's every bit as nice in person as here on the thread! Her kids are adorable (saw pics)......wish Rachael would have tagged along with her, but she was busy......

I'd love for Lynn and her family to drive in for a weekend. Cindy you mentioned maybe sometime in Aug?????? Anyone else wanna try and make it? There's lots of very nice hotels near Kings Island and even an official "Kings Island Hotel" lol wouldn't it be cool for all of us to finally meet as a group?!

Was glad the riots didn't happen in DC. I was nervous about leaving that morning. our hotel was only 2 blocks away. last year my sister worked just up the street from our hotel and she said she could see it out her window. ......scary.

oh guess what Robin, my sister is moving to Dallas! maybe we'll be able to meet up soon too?!

Ellie, I'm dying to see Bridget Jones.....and I love Hugh Grant! good luck with SB/WW, I don't think I could give up pasta/potatoes stuff llike that. if you follow WW exactly as written you really don't have a lot of points to play with......example they want you to eat so many points worth of protein/veggie/fruits/bread...... know what I mean? how much have you lost? ----- I havevn't read any of those books. have you? do you recommend them? what are they about? ----

Wow Farmbabe! that's quite a farm you've got! but an even bigger WOW! on that loss! keep it up.

I'd better go, you all take care. I did see the new pandas at the zoo. very cute and active!

to all, Theresa
Old 04-30-2001, 09:26 AM   #21  

Default monday...yuck..

evan got up entirely to early this morning....at least he will take a good nap today...

i weighed this morning and am down another pound..that makes 11 in 4 weeks...it should have been better, but i ate a little off yesterday...oh well, back at it today.

cindy - how was prom?? that poor girls parents, i don't know if i could have sat through the presentation.

lynn - enjoy your field trip! it sounds like you girls had a good time this weekend!

theresa - how come your sis is moving here?? is she moving in dallas, or outside?? is she married? i know most of the suburbs pretty well if she needs some info on where to live. oooohhh...can't wait for someone to visit me

will chat later ladies..hi to everyone...

bye...robin
Old 04-30-2001, 02:48 PM   #22  
LIFETIMER

Hi

Lynn-how was the field trip? I don't officially have a date booked to see Theresa, but I am looking at August 1st. I'll let you know more when I book my flight.

Theresa-glad you got out of DC safe and sound. LOL It would be fun if a few people showed up in cinn. for a Buddy mom meeting.

Robin-the prom was nice. Parents are only allowed to go for the Senior walk, and for the slide presentation. As for PROM itself, about the only thing my son said, was "it was nice". Now if that had been my daughter, she would have given me every detail, and described everyones dress, talked about how good the meal beforehand was, etc etc etc. Girls are so much more into these kind of things then boys. LOL

cindy
Old 05-01-2001, 02:58 PM   #23  
LIFETIMER

WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?????????

CINDY
Old 05-01-2001, 03:04 PM   #24  

Default i was just checking in cindy...

i guess theresa wore poor ole lynn out!!

today is doing good, been goofing around with the boys and haven't accomplished anything!! just layed evan down and considering a walk on the treadmill before i finally have a shower. that will make 2 for the week!!

cindy - yes, i have sons and am going to miss the details of everything they do!!

people behind us are putting in their pool, they have been digging it today and the boys were glued to the playroom window watching...i finally had to take them out back and let them stand in the alley to get a little closer to the action..i thought evan was going to bust!

viv - i hope you're doing okay..we miss you.

better go have that walk before it gets to late..

will check in later to see if anyone else is around.

bye..robin
Old 05-01-2001, 04:52 PM   #25  

HI!!!!

I'm here, just exhausted. Been with Barry for the past 2 days for his outside field trip. Today we were in the Catoctin Mountains in Thurmont, up by Camp David. Yes, I went today to and gave up my bowling for my son. It was a wonderful day. The weather is perfect, but poor Barry was in the stream, (the teacher gave all the kids firemen boots) and there was alot of rock under their feet and he missed his footing and, well should I say more. Anyway we had a great couple of days together. They were learning all about the water and the things that live in it. They were picking up creatures when he had his mishap. Got him home and changed, all dry now!

Robin - Theresa and I had a wonderful time after we got to each other. LOL We certainly got our walking in that day for sure. It's a pretty good distance from the Metro over to the Mall for sure.

Cindy - I hope we can make it up to Theresa. I really want to do it. We would be driving up. Need to do some vacation investigation for sure. But as I told Theresa, (and I think she was kind of stunned when I told her I would even consider coming LOL) I kind of look at things differently with all the medical things that have gone on in this household in the last couple of months. Really makes you think. Anyway, I think I have a couple of roller coaster riders for you for sure. Rachel and Barry!!!!!

Theresa - We've been looking at the park online and the kids are reved and ready. Just gotta get there. LOL Hope your hooked back up to us real soon.

Viv - Where are you??? I'm thinkin about you, are your ears burning??? Hope everything is going well with your Dad.

Hi to everyone else, hope your all having a great week.

Talk to you later.

Lynn
Old 05-01-2001, 10:18 PM   #26  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

Robin, its so cute to watch little boys watching big machines at work. They find it so intriguing. Christopher was the same way.

Lynn-I still haven't gotten my airline ticket to Theresa's but I do plan to get there in early August. Just don't have the dates yet. I'm trying to hold out for a good price.

later

cindy
Old 05-02-2001, 01:32 PM   #27  
gettn' strong in 2002

It's funny how boys like that kind of stuff. A couple of years ago, they were working on our gravel road for about 3 miles. The kids (well, the 2 youngest) sure got their eyefull of machinery for about a week.

I'm having another good op week

Viv - I hope you are doing ok considering everything that you are going through. Hope it is all overwith for you soon

I'm off to paint and then errands to run later today; see ya
Old 05-02-2001, 10:52 PM   #28  

Hi!

Where is everyone today???? I know I'm posting late, but there are quite a few others MIA for sure.

Got a phone call from my Mom that I couldn't believe. They have decided to move to Florida! She told me that they arn't taking any of their furniture and if I wanted any of it I could have it. So on Saturday I'm going to go and see exactly what I want to take. Neither of my brothers want any of it. Some of it was my grandparents and I really love it. Don't want to see it just given away. So I know I will take all of that. Rachel and Barry are really going to get the best of it. Both are going to get new bedroom sets. Rachel will get my Grandmothers and Barry will get my parents. We really will be making changes here!!!!! No more twin beds in this house. LOL

Cindy - This poses a delema for me, because we may change our ideas and drive down to Florida this summer instead. August would be perfect timing since they will have been there for a couple of months and we still have 3 days of passes to Disney Pool parks to use up. So I kind of am putting things on hold for us for a bit.

Jill - Sounds like you had a full day! Hope you had fun!

Robin - So is the pool dug yet?? Are the boys in their trunks waiting for a dip?? We are supposed to get really hot tomorrow here then a cool front again. Weather can't make up it's mind, for sure.

Well, I'm gonna go play some games online. Can't seem to get to sleep tonight. I'll check in tomorrow.

Later,
Lynn
Old 05-03-2001, 12:04 AM   #29  

Default good evening...

i have been trying to organize some of my junk today...i have stuff hanging out of my closet, piled in the study and in my guest room...i don't know what got me started on it, but now i am going to have to finish it!
i at least got all my laundry done today!!!

ate good today, TOM is right around the corner and is making me want chocolate...and my face is breaking out!! it has done this the last couple of months..i have never had a problem with acne, and now i do! i called a dermatologist today that is on my plan and a friend uses her and likes her...well..they can see me in july!!! can you believe that? my face could erupt like a volcano by then.

lynn - are they going to be close to disney?? and don't you just love going shopping at someone elses house? new stuff, and it's not going to cost you anything. the boys have been swimming every weekend since easter...we have been heating up our pool...but with the weather, it has been getting around 82 all by itself so i heat it to 90!!! aaaahhhh.....

jill, good for you staying on program

hi cindy!

think i'll go check out the tv for 30 minutes and then off to bed.

nite..robin
Old 05-03-2001, 10:06 AM   #30  
viv

OK, I'm sneaking on a post here....

So sorry I've been AWOL. All my spare computer time has been going towards making arrangements in SF. I think we are mostly set now, altho it involved red-eye and crack o'dawn flights, but that's what you get with frequent flyer miles....I booked a B&B that used to be a bordello (LOL, really) that happens to be right on the hospital shuttle line. Now I just have to get the kids scheduled which I have been avoiding.

Ellie - thanks for the book recommendations. I'm adding them to my list. I will ahve about 20 books to take on this trip -------did anyone read the Ladies Auxiliary> That one was highly recommended by my neighbor. Good going on SB/WW, you have to really give yourself time with the SB and then you will realize there is a LOT of food you can make. A sweet potatoe suggestion is to slice them real thin (I have a cheapie mandolin), spray with oil, toss with a bit of salt and bake them (I use my stone) - homemade sweet potatoe chips! Delicious. Have you tried the WW pasta yet? The carob nuts take a bit of getting used to but I find they really hith the spot when I need some protein and sweets....

Theresa/Lynn - your DC adventure sounded LOL! Gla dyou guys got to meet.....hmmmm, still a few of you out there who have remained "anonymous"! Well have to do something abou tthat!

Farmbabe - It's in the 90s here! Has it his 50 by you yet? WTG on the WW loss!

Cindy - so what are your summer vacation plans, you jetsetter????

CAB must be totally losin' it with the house! She has't even been on IM!

Robin - you are such a good doobie, I sent you an email today. Congrats on the 11 lbs. Fab, babe!

DID see Bridget Jones and liked it but loved the books more. I would still recommend the movie but I doubly recommend the books. A total funny UPPER and I need those!!

Heading to NYC this weekend to see "Tom Sawyer" on Broadway and go the the new planetarium. Stayhing ON 1 nite.....nice getaway, just happens to be my bday on SAT so lucky DH doesn't have to do much plannning. Today is Brendan's 7th too- his legs are so long!!!!

OK, I did it, hugs to all, will be sure to post again soon. I'll be back to my usual self after the trip, promise...

PS Also I'm maintainig my loss, waiting to get back to focus on another 10 on SB. Still doing this WOE, tho, just not "dieting".

Viv
Closed Thread