Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 01:36 PM   #1  
Net browser

WELL SURPRISE SURPRISE your know who, had to do you know what AGAIN . LOL ~~~~~~~

I'll be back later to post. Bye now.
Old 04-22-2001, 02:19 PM   #2  
Senior Chick

Hello!
I'm back from cruising down the Mississippi and had a great time. I am also now addicted to bread pudding. I did pretty well and upped my activity but I am sure glad I don't weigh in until next Saturday.

This is short as I also came back to 250 emails (& trashed 150 LOL) and I have to get ready for work tomorrow.

Margot
Old 04-22-2001, 07:43 PM   #3  

Happy rainy Sunday to all,

Checked out 3fc earlier today and no one had been there for a while. I saw that some of the conversation had been on scales. I have a Health-O-Meter digital one in my bathroom with numbers so big and bright you can see it from the street! Its pretty accurate weighs close to the one at my meeting. Although this week Tuesdays meeting the scale was being very kind. I really became very suspicious when one lady stepped on and had lost 19 pounds in one week. We had to drag out our old balanced scale to re-weigh everyone to make sure his or her weights were closer to true. What a mess. Had some new people and what they must have thought of WW . I can only imagine. Sent out some cards to apologies to them. I was so flustered over that. Then when I got home and ordered a new one they are on back order. Can you believe it! As soon as I know they are in stock I will order an extra one for back up. Believe me when I say to you I was STRESSED.

Maria I read where you are back to just you and your husband. I know it’s always nice to have the kids home but sometimes they make me tired. How about You?

Geri how was your retreat?

Trudy still got your nose in a book? I know if your weather is anything like ours in a book is a good place to be plus wrapped up in a nice cozy blanket. We’ve had rain, snow and I think it’s back to rain again. And boy-o-boy is it cold out side.

No doubt you all have heard about all the flooding that is going on here. My DD and her family live on the Crow Wing River But high on the bank. The lowest part is the road to get to their road and that is flooded. Or at least it was. They had to park there car on the main road and use a rowboat to get up their drive way. This year the water is only up to the car doors so they are carefully driving through it. My brother lives closer to the Mississippi. He had his boat tied to the deck just in case he needed it.

Ann glad the party was ok for you. Most wives will agree that men would lose their heads if not attached. But then I’m not much better any more. I have to put my glasses hearing aids and watch in the same place all the time or there lost. How the fire still burning? Still out of control?

I e-mailed [b]Lily]/b] but got no response. Sure hope we hear from her soon.

Peggy do you still like your hair cut. I truly love short hair makes me feel and look younger.

Welcome home Margot!

Sorry Slavika some of us are a little slower than others.

See you later

Karen
Old 04-23-2001, 12:10 AM   #4  
Net browser

Default ....the end of the weekend

Hi Everybody
Well with all the talk about corn I bought 6 cobs (not as cheap as you guys get it for) and thought that DH and I would have it for today and maybe tomorrow as well. We had our family over for steaks/baked potatoes and you guessed it, CORN . Guess who didn't get even a taste of it.... ALAS it was me. My grandbabies sure ate it up. That's ok though.

Karen I have a relatively new Health O Meter scale too and so does Trudy . I was tired of that old tired thing I had that if you leaned to much one way or the other you could get almost any weight you wanted but none were ever accurate.
I also e-mailed Lily a couple of days ago, but have not heard anything. Geez, I hope everthing is ok with her and her DH. I miss her posts.
Peggy I really am not much of a gardener and every year I have to ask a million questions. I wrote the name "Vanilla Nemesia" to see if our Nursery will have it. Of course we will not be getting our plants for awhile yet. I usually plant my veg garden AFTER the
May long weekend. We kind of take a chance of getting frost if we plant earlier then that, then we have to cover the poor little things up.
Night all.
Old 04-23-2001, 12:24 AM   #5  
Super Surfer

Default ...Hi everyone...

Slavika.. don't you wish we could plant our flowers earlier too? Right about now, I am planning what I am going to put in the flower beds. Hubby does the vegetables by himself.
Karen... I like the big numbers on the Health-O-Meter too. I can see what I weigh without my glasses.
..Yes I am still reading you are right about the cold crummy weather. The flooding is scary.
Margot.. Good to see you back from cruising. What was the boat like... was it a paddlewheel?

Well it is late, and I should get to bed. Talk to you gals tomorrow... good night
Old 04-23-2001, 10:25 AM   #6  

Slavika what would we do without you to start the new threads? Will definitely have to go check out the Health-O-Meter scale. I like the idea of having big numbers. Unless I have my glasses on I am not sure what it says and you know they might add an ounce or two. Karen what a meeting. Never thought what would happen if the meeting scale broke. I hope that there weren't too many dissappointed people. No wonder you were stressed. Yes, I love my haircut. Every once in a while I get this stupid idea to let my hair grow long enough to wear it up or in a French Braid. Needless to say it never gets there. I was wondering if you were close to the flooding. When it goes down everything is always so yucky and muddy. I have 2 watches so I can always find one because I don't always leave them in the same place. Margot I can't wait to hear about your trip. Were you on the Mississippi Queen or the Delta Queen? That's my dream trip. All this talk about corn - I have to go get some today. Will check in later, Peggy
Old 04-23-2001, 05:25 PM   #7  
Fun Blonde

I am actually trying the smilies on this one. I usually just don't want to mess with something like this, but we'll see.......

My dh and I went to my nephew's little boy's baptism on Saturday evening. I was so excited because a sweet niece was there from Phoenix. She had brought her fiance. She is 36, never been married and just recently met this man who adores her, 38 and never been married. Cheri is shy, independent and we had just thought she would never find anybody. I am so happy for her.

Other than the baptism we had a very quiet weekend. I was so lazy. We did see our kids in OKC for a little while. I bought a Tiny Town Gym from e:bay for our expected little bundle of joy. It just amazes me the kinds of things you can buy for babies now.

Maria - I so thoroughly understand the relief when the kids visit and LEAVE!" We love them to death, but it is so peaceful when they leave. It is like that with grandchildren too. Makes me wonder how I ever raised my three active little boys, but I think I was younger then?

It seems like everyday I am making my confession to you and vowing to do better. Well, I let myself get hungry Saturday and there was not one low fat thing to eat at my nephew's. One taste and I was off to the races! I VOW that this week will be good! (or rather, that I will be good!) I am just spinning my wheels!

Margot - so good to hear from you! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your trip! And that your mother did too! Did you see how much easier it was for you now that you have lost so much weight? You probably have a lot more zip to your step!
Glenda

Last edited by survivor; 04-23-2001 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:28 PM   #8  

Margot, sure are glad you are back. Now if we could just get Lily to check in. I am getting worried about her. It is not like her to be MIA for so long. I hope it is just computer problems.

I have a health-o-meter balance scales. You cannot beat them for accuracy. And you don't get 3 different weights in 3 minutes. I guess the old-fashioned nurse in me prefers the traditional balance beams rather than the digitals. They just keep working and working and working. Never need a battery change, not affected by moisture or the way someone stands on them. I think they are the best buy. They cost more, but are worth the difference. This is from a woman who has worked with all kinds of scales professionally and with weight loss plans.

My retreat was great. Lots of food for thought.
Old 04-23-2001, 08:31 PM   #9  

G'day all,

Thanks again to Slavika for starting yet another thread, isn't it good to feel so needed
Margot would love to hear more about your Missisipi trip.
I agree it is amazing how nice it is to be just '2' again. My children only left home about 1 year ago with lots of coming and going before that. They are both very settled and happy (thank goodness) and we really like their life partners, which also helps.
I can relate to so many things in just about all of your posts, like being 'blind', deaf and a little forgetfull at times The thing that bothers me most is not being able to see without reading glasses and the fact that dh's hearing is getting quite bad, or doesn't he want to hear what I am saying???? Probably a bit of both.
It is quite beautiful weather here in Sydney. Yesterday I joined the city library, I just love books and really have to stop buying them. I love autobiographies and history. The selection at this library is quite extensive. The library is just across the street from where I am staying, very convenient. I can also go there and read the newspapers from my home town.
On sunday we went for a walk thru the city and came across this pub where they had a small jazz band playing. The band's average age was about 60 and boy were they good. We ended up having a few more drinks then we intended, it was really enjoyable. We then 'skipped' on home humming the tunes we had just heard. We slept pretty well that night!
Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 04-23-2001, 08:31 PM   #10  
Super Surfer

Geri..are the balance scales the ones that have the weights that you slide ~ I think the Doc's have them? Once you digest everything you got from the Retreat, maybe there is some words of wisdom you could share with us.
I think that everyone wishes Lily would check in to let us know everything is A-OK with her. I sent her a greeting, and they haven't notified me that it was picked up, so maybe she took a little vacation.
Glenda .. maybe you aren't doing as well as you would like to be doing with WW, but being aware and trying is a big help. When I have trouble keeping on track, as long as I am trying, and I get back to a WW meeting, I seem to keep the gain low. Just don't give up.
Peggy .. I get that notion too let my hair grow longer. I visulize myself, with the wind gently blowing my hair, or up in some neat twist... and then reality sets in. I wake up and realize that it will take more than 10 min of my time every day. I get mine cut every 4 weeks.
Karen .. with that scale being so far out, I guess some members thought they got to goal Were many upset when they found that this wasn't the case?
Slavika.. tomorrow I will be resembling a "bag lady" ... I already packed my tote bag with the novels you borrowed me and the Body Shop products all you gals ordered. I will be lugging 8 lbs around with me...

I will come back later to see who turns up.... bye bye
Old 04-23-2001, 09:18 PM   #11  

Default beautiful blond flowing hair...............

Yes I wish.
Peggy and Trudy you have just convinced me to go and get another haircut.
I also had visions of this beautiful mane of hair but it only took 50 odd years to realise that my hair is thin, mousy and in all the attempts, never grows much longer than a little way down my back.
I am NOT growing it at the moment but thought I would have it a little longer than I normally have it but you guys have just convinced me to get a haircut!!!
See ya all
Maria
Old 04-23-2001, 09:23 PM   #12  

I used to have a best friend who is a hairdresser. She firmly believed that no woman over 30 should have long hair because it ages you. I believe her.
Old 04-23-2001, 10:20 PM   #13  
Net browser

Default ....do we all have short hair??

Hi Everybody
Geri Hi there~~~~~I don't think there is anything wrong with Lily's computer because if there was, we would still hear from her, from her office computer. I am hoping that on the spur of the moment she and DH decided to take a holiday.
Maria that's me the "little old thread starter". Actually, when I think about it, I don't even know if it's necessary to start a new thread instead of continuing on with Page 2. What do you guys think?
By the way Maria it sounds like you had a wonderful day on Sunday. As far as DH not hearing....I think that is called, "selective hearing". I seem to have the problem in my house too. LOL
Glenda well your similies worked out beautifully.
That's nice that your neice found someone she loves and who loves her back. It's wonderful having someone special in your life.
Trudy the "bag lady" looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. The "Princess" loved the bubble game card you sent her today and played it many times. It was nice you sent one to my grandson too, because she sure told him about the one she got. Thank you for taking the time to do "DAT".
We didn't hear from Karen yet today. Maybe her WW class is holding her hostage because the scales don't work again. How is the flooding situation in your area today?
It's WW and "Tea Time" tomorrow. See you then Trudy . ~~~~ Night all.

Last edited by slavika; 04-23-2001 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2001, 10:32 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

I agree about the short hair. I do enjoy my short cut, and I also am not doing a perm any more. Just the curling iron to turn the ends over, or I really would be spiked.I did give up on the orange tops to the spiked hair tho' Aren't you glad !

Have you tried the Kashi Krispies yet?

Slavika- A question. about how many servings do you get from one recipe of the orange-pineapple punch? I tried figuring it out, but came up with something like 80 half cup servings, and feel certain that isn't right. I am no mathmatical genius. The nubers attending our Lu'au are growing. I think we will end up with about 150 people. So I want to be sure to have enough punch of both kinds.

We have a strange set of scales, and there are days that I can weigh two or three different amount all in the space of a few minutes. But then it will settle down and be reasonable.

This Sat. I have to weigh in and I know I am over again. My DH as to have his candy, and when he buys something that is my favorite, I get weak. I keep telling him to just get the stuff he likes, then I don't have a problem.

Margot- Did you get a good taste of Dixieland jazz on your boat? We heard the Dukes of Dixieland this winter, and they are supposed to be on one of the river boats part of the season. They are sooooo good!

Have to turn in early tonight. We went to a really big flea market today and spent a lot of time walking, and walking. So you know who is napping in his chair right now.

Maria- A little pub with jazz sounds great. I really like good jazz, and especially when the musicians are from our era. They play the stuff we can appreciate. I don't really go for a lot of this 'New Age' stuff.

Good night all. Will check in tomorrow.
Ann/Lizzie
Old 04-23-2001, 10:54 PM   #15  

Default Let me be the first to say.......

Slavika please continue to start new threads after at least 30. Otherwise one of us(me ) is going to miss out on someone's post. I always forget to go to page 2.

We are lucky not to live along any river. So we are dry
We made people happy last week by giving away lots of 2 point bars. And to those who were very unhappy we gave them a free weigh in.

Ever notice how the conversation flows around here. First it was scales now it hair cuts and wondering about Lily.

Then theres the hearing of a husband. Mine had his hearing checked and does have a loss. It was narrowed down to small children's voices and the voice of women. So my DH really get over on that. I still think it's selective.

Got to go

Karen
Closed Thread