Have a nice day, I will be back.

Farmbabe-good luck with all those outings this week

Robin-HI

cindy
Old 04-10-2001, 09:10 AM   #2  
viv

quickie
Hey All -
Listen I know that we are all busy (myself included) and possibly posting on other threads as well (no laws against that, I do it myself). I think our thread has become, really, a friendship thread vs. a diet thread and that's fine....the bottom line is that I and some of the gals who have emailed me about this DO NOT want to cut loose any of these friendships - geez, I think it's been 4 years, or is it 3? So, if everyone could make a commitment (myself included) to post once weekly with an update on your lives, diet progress, hellos, kids, DHs, neighborhood gossip, etc., it will be just like calling a friend every week.

Personally I NEED the support I get on the SB thread because I HAVE to get to my goal and the plan is working for me. But I would be very sad if this thread just went away....so....thoughts, responses???? Enthusiasm?

Theresa - Glad the headache went away. migraines can be so awful, I've had two in my life and that was enough. Ready to go back to Disney!

Ellie - hey - congrats on the loss! I f you're history buffs ou really need to come to NEW ENGLAND!!

Cindy - you lost more? Sheesh, I want your metabolism. I notice on the SB thread there are a lot of gals from Louisiana, and Florida. Lots' of southern gals.

Robin - congrats on the loss. If you are being supervised by the doctor AND eating healthy then I say GO FOR IT! Just make sure yo uhave a plan in place for when you go off goal, because that's the big downfall of any kind of presciprtion plan - at some point you go off them and if you haven't acceted drastic changes, it will all come back on. It happened to me, and I eat pretty healthy. But you just have to cut the sweets! Face it! Accept the truth! Do yoga! (what's up with that?)

Lynn, Linn, CAB - wassup (as Harry would say).

I had a terrible off plan weekend due to Passover (NO, due to ME!) and I have been back 100% for two days. Amazing, my tummy got all squishy, I felt awful....but I am determined to complete this journey. It doesn't help that I am reading "fighting the midlife fat cell" or something like that. Not good news re: weight gain in general....

They found something on my Dad's hip in addition to the lung, so Weds he goes in for an MRI to see if it is the Big C or just (I HOPE!) arthiritis. AFter that they can determine the course of treatment. THANKS to all of you for your good wishes!

Back to work. Send me some feedback on my suggestion re: this thread.

Viv

Report this post to 3FC
Old 04-10-2001, 09:42 AM   #3  
LIFETIMER

Good Morning again

Viv-WELL SAID!!!!! Personally I think BUDDY MOMS has been lacking support for quite awhile, so I found a new home about a year or so ago and starting getting my daily support and motivation there. BUT, like others here, I would not like to see this thread fall apart. We have all become friends here, and I believe we really do care for one another in a geniune way! SO with that said------I suggest that we TRY TO POST SEVERAL times a week. I don't think posting once a week isenough, and I don't think posting several times, is asking too much. If we can find the time to post on other threads, why can't we find the time to post here. Know what I mean? Of course there will be times that some won't be able to post, and thats fine, but for the most part, I feel that if we are going to stay dedicated to Buddy Moms we should post more than we do now. Just my opinion.

Viv-I sure hope that your dad MRI comes out in his favor. I know you must be frantic over this. Keep us posted.

cindy
Old 04-10-2001, 10:41 AM   #4  

Default hello...

good morning....

i agree with ya viv, and cindy.

viv, you just want me to cut the sugar so i'll do sugarbusters with you! I think if i am following a reduced calorie diet now and continue to do that even after the meds i should be okay....as far as sugar goes, the only sweets i have been eating now are snackwells, or those skinny cow ice cream sandwiches...i love those things. i didn't watch oprah last week, is that what you are referring to as far as the yoga?? there is no way i could do yoga, unless my chant was "you kids be quiet up there!" i just don't see how that would be considered a good fat burning exercise. i may have a peek at your board and consider posting on it for support, or i have been looking at the sahm board too...they seem to be pretty motivated.

hi to everyone else...gotta check on the boys...

oh yeah, have any of you heard of the flylady?

later..robin
Old 04-10-2001, 05:28 PM   #5  

Hi everyone--
Theresa-- glad you're feeling better. Nice loss, too.
robin -- congrats. Do you take it for a fixed time period? It sounds like it's helped you get in the groove nicely. (I'm still not there).
Viv -- I want your commitment to SB. What were your site info spots again? good luck w/your Dad.
Cindy - are you enjoying Spring break & counting down the days til the end of the school year?
Hi to Ellie, Lynn, MIA CAB, Jill etc
Old 04-10-2001, 05:48 PM   #6  
viv

Default linn re: SB

Hey Girl, I'll send ya an email with the info!
Old 04-10-2001, 06:34 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been here, but I figured you have heard enough of my life problems for a while. I promise to get here more often. This is the only thread that I go to here. I've been here for so long with you all that I've come to think of you as my extended family.

Anyway, glad to see everyone is doing fine.

Robin - If it works for you go for it! Just be sure of what you are doing. I did Redux with the doctors blessings just to find out all of it's short comings. Good luck.

Viv - Keep me informed to about your dad. My best wishes are being sent your way!

Linn - good to see you posting here again! How are the girls doing?

Theresa - So what's new with your son these days??? Barry just got put onto another new med because the stuff he takes for migraines is making him hyper! It's all got me spinning.

Cindy - So is it nice and warm over your way? We hit 88 yesterday and had horrible thunderstorms last night. Knocked out power and took down quite a few trees around the area.

Well, I finally go get myself to the doctors tomorrow. I hope he is gentle. HA HA HA

Everyone take care and stay well.

Lynn
Old 04-10-2001, 06:42 PM   #8  

Hi again --
viv -- thanks for the info -- gosh, you're efficient.
Hey -Lynn - how's it going down there?
We had a summer-like day on Mon. I spent the day at GReat Adventure with the kids. Luckily we knew other people there. It was hard because Alyssa wanted Bugs bunny Land & the big girls wanted "real" rides. .. but they are still to young to just go on their own. we had fun, though.
the kids have 2 weeks off. I guess this is when we're supposed to plan our ritzy vacation -- oh well. sorry girls. It's a very busy time for DH --so he could never get off.
th
Old 04-10-2001, 07:30 PM   #9  
Princess Buttercup

question-why is sugar busters better than WW?! sell me on it........

theresa
Old 04-10-2001, 07:57 PM   #10  

Default hello again...

yes linn, i do feel like i am in the groove...i don't know how long my dr. will let me take it, we haven't discussed it yet. i have to go in monthly for a check up or he won't refill it..so far i feel fine, so i hope i can at least get another month or 2 from him.

lynn - is this finally your dr. visit from your bad pap? let us know how it turns out. we have had nice weather here to, in the 80's ..suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow though, but hopefully a nice weekend...we aren't going anywhere for easter so if it is in the 80's we were going to heat up the pool saturday or sunday.. . i have kinda missed it

hi to everyone else...will check in tomorrow...

flylady? anyone....i got her letter today to do these 3 things each day and then we will add on...suppose to help you get your house and things in order...it is pretty funny, developed for sahms....anyway, today i was suppose to get dressed all the way to my shoes, hair and makeup and no old sweats or baggy t-shirts. make my bed and clean my sink til it sparkled...i got dressed and cleaned my sink out twice and now it is dirty again!!!! oh well...baby steps....

later.robin
Old 04-10-2001, 09:00 PM   #11  
viv

Default wow!

Ok Girls, you get an A for Effort! Good to see some action here, LOL!

Lynn - good luck on that doctors appt tomoro. I know you're feeling down, you deserve some decent news, so good thoughts are coming your way!

Linn - let me know what you think about the info!

Robin - am I lost on this Flylady stuff?

Theresa - all I am gonna say to you is go to the Sugarbusters thread - first of all, notice the # of posts and participants. Post there and ask the question you asked here! Several of the gals combine WW with SB with great success. Check the weekly weight loss thread and see the successes. Read the bios (new updates, so not all there yet) and see the losses. Check www.prettyimpressive stuff.com/sugarbusters for another perspective. You've been doing well on WW but for some people droppping all the white "garbage" and sugar speeds things up, lowers cholesterol, increases energy and overall health. Look at me, forever I was on a plateau with WW even tho I was 100% OP, then in 8 weeks, 11 pounds came off. To be honest, since getting back from FLA I have had a problem staying consistent or giving into temptation (not every day at all, but more than I would like). Debelli, the moderator (who i got together with in FLA!) lost over 90 lbs (wait, was it 60?) in a year - she is almost at goal (she is just like 5'1"!), incredibly dedicated and knowledgeable and supportive - she is a walking SB encyclopedia. OK, shut up Viv. Let me know what you think.

Cindy - hey, girl!
Jill - you too!
CAB - where the heck are you? I emailed you, no answer!

viv
Old 04-11-2001, 08:00 AM   #12  
LIFETIMER

Good Morning,

Linn-our spring break starts at the end of the school day tomorrow----- and we're off until the 23rd. after that we ONLY have 5 weeks of school left. SO yes, I am counting the days. LOL

Lynn-good thoughts are going your way for your doctors appointment today. Keep us posted.

Saw a couple last night that is doing WW together, the husband lost 24 pounds in 6 weeks, the wife 8 pounds, doesn't life suck. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day.

cindy
Old 04-11-2001, 12:33 PM   #13  
gettn' strong in 2002

Default jingle bells, jingle bells..........

26 degrees F here and still snown'..........
It's good for our land, though; to put our seed in. We will be seeding next month.

I'm just on my way out into the winter wonderland here. We have a sick cow. (no, not the mad cow thing; she is an old cow that we should have sold)

Tonight is our dinner theater at the school. Should be good. Now, can I resist dessert or fit it in?? Hmm, I'll play it by ear.

Easter will be at my sister's in the city.(Saskatoon)
I heard that one of the next Survivor contestants is from Saskatoon. I was kinda bummed when I heard that Canada could try out! (well, not that I would have; I'm too quiet..... )

Cindy - I think you asked me awhile ago about our school. We go from Aug.29 until June 30th. (lots of breaks and days off inbetween)

I'm really liking this counting pts. from supper to supper.
I've had such a busy week this week, I have to admit I haven't tracked.
I will get right on it again soon.

pms week too, so I've been fairly uh....witchy.

I'll try and get back later.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:25 PM   #14  

Default hello..

still doing good...down 8lbs at the moment...
cindy - i had dh weigh this morning and he has probably lost 15lbs since i have been cooking low fat healthy meals for the last few weeks and we have cut way back on going out to eat....i can't believe he has lost that much and is not even trying!!! he needs to though, he has high blood pressure, so this is good for all.

jill - when do you see warm weather there? i couldn't imagine snow right now...i have worn shorts for the last 2 weeks. congrats on your loss.

viv - it is www.flylady.net the only problem is you get about 15 emails a day!!! that might annoy me. but she does have some good ideas...we will see, you can always unsubscribe.

hi to everyone else...later robin
Old 04-11-2001, 06:36 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone!

What a day! It's been pouring here since we got up. Kids are out of school until next Tuesday. What fun???? LOL

Jill - SNOWING! We only got snow that accumulated to anything twice this winter and both times it was only about 5 inches. It was gone within a week to. Good luck deciding on dessert or not.

Robin, Viv and Cindy - thanks for the good wishes, hope they work. I had the doctors appt. and was told depending on what the biopsy shows it is either going to be nothing or a hysterectomy. I'm kind of leaning toward the latter, only because I got to see everything he was doing while he did it. His microscope was hooked up to a tv that showed exactly what was there and where he took the biopsy. Now I have to wait 10 days for the results. Oh well...

Tomorrow is Barry's doctor appt with the pulmonologist. So back up to Baltimore I go! Only an hour each way and at this point I think the car goes all by it's self. LOL After wards we are going to go to Arundel Mills. It's another of the huge shoppinng malls that have been built all around the US. Gonna go look for some bargains and walk, walk, walk.

Hope you all had a great day! Hi to everyone else, Linn, CAB, Ellie and anyone else I missed.

Talk to you later.

Lynn
Closed Thread